Hacking Please stop using RXTools

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon me for the intrusion, but there were a few things I wanted to clear up in case they were preventing you from making the switch:

In fact it is better in some case, some ppl like me don't want to install a9hl because of the downgrade ( I will install it but not today, not tomorow, in futur ... maybe )

I have already take risk to go 10.5 -> 9.2
Actually, there is no risk downgrading from 9.2 to 2.1: The downgrade from 10.5 to 9.2 was risky because of security-related issues. By the time you're on 9.2, all that security should be gone and everything should downgrade as expected. The downgrade is no more risky than an official system update!

Rx mode can be usefull for sysnand ( GBA games for example ) what other cfw can't do with CTRBootLoader.
In my case it is useless, I don't play GBA games on 3DS ( but psp / psvita ) this is only for fun
This, too, is also false. Luma patches GBA games like RxTools does, but not only that: It supports a9lh, and a9lh moves your emunand to sysnand, so you don't have to worry about installing your GBA titles on both NANDs!

Reactions: Billy Acuña

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've watched a lot of CFW discussions; I think we should stop saying, 'stop using_______ and use____ instead' and start saying, '______ is a good CFW (for you), but if you have a game-entry or are handy enough to scroll+identify programs in HB, give yourself options, such as_______.' with a tutorial of, 'DL _______ files, put the files on your sd card, get into HB, and instead of running _______, select _____.'
After people see how easy it is, maybe they might be inclined to install a9lh.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am going to be making an update to this thread talking about Animal Crossing update and what it means for the future of CFWs.
Of course, it really just means that NATIVE_FIRM requirements does indeed effect CFWs. This means RXTools/ReiNAND users should start migrating to a new CFW.

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To all the people waiting for "rxTools's death to switch CFWs", the thing is, rxTools is already dead, as it's using an outated FIRM. AFAIK, there are some games that don't work w/ rxTools, because it's checking for the FIRM version. So if you want to play Animal Crossing and Pokemon S&M, switch your CFW for an updated one.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've watched a lot of CFW discussions; I think we should stop saying, 'stop using_______ and use____ instead' and start saying, '______ is a good CFW (for you), but if you have a game-entry or are handy enough to scroll+identify programs in HB, give yourself options, such as_______.' with a tutorial of, 'DL _______ files, put the files on your sd card, get into HB, and instead of running _______, select _____.'
After people see how easy it is, maybe they might be inclined to install a9lh.

Well yeah, so true. So many topics about this. I understand them though, there are so many CFWs. Just too many.
If Nintendo does the right thing, they change everything NFirm, home_menu and their code to block rxTools from working.
Luma and NTR might need an update then, which will happen, and rxTools not!

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now people know who to find if they brick at this portion..
Did you mean "who to blame"? The only way one can brick on the 2.1 downgrade is if they messed up one of the steps because they didn't follow directions in the Plailect Guide. The thing is, the Plailect Guide not only links directly to the downloads you need to use but also explicitly outlines every step to make sure nobody bricks.

That said, only O3DS has to perform the downgrade anyway: N3DS can just install OTPless A9LH directly from 9.2 firm.

Reactions: Quantumcat

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Did you mean "who to blame"? The only way one can brick on the 2.1 downgrade is if they messed up one of the steps because they didn't follow directions in the Plailect Guide. The thing is, the Plailect Guide not only links directly to the downloads you need to use but also explicitly outlines every step to make sure nobody bricks.

That said, only O3DS has to perform the downgrade anyway: N3DS can just install OTPless A9LH directly from 9.2 firm.
Actually, currently we use CTRTransfer as opposed to a regular downgrade, making it even safer than a regular downgrade afaik.

With that said, there's always a small chance of it going wrong. Even if 1 in a million. Programs often fail for no apparent reason. It's always a risk, as minimal as it is. Leaving home in the morning may mean you'll never return. The risk is minimal, but it is there. it is not "riskless". Technically anyway.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,
Reactions: Gray_Jack

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because no-one told me that with CTR you can use luma on sysnand. In fact the GUI in RxTools is usefull because you know from the first looking what is possible
Had you read the fucking wiki you would have known. Whats with people not reading anymore
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
  • Autoboot SysNAND: Determines if you want to boot SysNAND or EmuNAND by default (when holding no buttons on Luma3DS boot).
    • If the option is on, holding L boots the default EmuNAND.
    • If the option is off, holding L boots SysNAND.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
xtheman166 said:
Had you read the fucking wiki you would have known. Whats with people not reading anymore
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
  • Autoboot SysNAND: Determines if you want to boot SysNAND or EmuNAND by default (when holding no buttons on Luma3DS boot).
    • If the option is on, holding L boots the default EmuNAND.
    • If the option is off, holding L boots SysNAND.

Was Luma dev too lazy to put something you can read at the first boot ?

cout << "You can boot sysnand by pressing L if autoboot sysnand is not active";

Yeah I agree RxTools is outdated but at least they have coded something with a nice GUI ! :yaynds:

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was Luma dev too lazy to put something you can read at the first boot ?

cout << "You can boot sysnand by pressing L if autoboot sysnand is not active";

Yeah I agree RxTools is outdated but at least they have coded something with a nice GUI ! :yaynds:
A pointless gui. a gui doesn't make a cfw good. If you want a gui so badly fork luma3ds and try making a gui for it. Then you'll find out how hard it is for a gui to made.

Also did you even bother reading the settings?
IMG_0220.JPG
Hold L on boot to switch NAND. AKA if your autoboot sysnand you can boot emunand and if you autoboot emunand you can boot sysnand

YOU CAN'T WIN SO STOP DEFENDING IT!!!!!

Last edited by xtheman,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I'm going to melt
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Going to smoke a bowl, eat pizza, drink a beer, and watch I Saw the TV Glow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do people on YouTube keep making themselves glow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh joy, heat wave all week where i live
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado watch tho
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah, my mom's basement is just for the weekends to check in on the family
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i usually live in your mom's basement
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +1
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: omg same, it's VERY hot here, too