Status
Not open for further replies.

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
hi all, im using rx now and it's great for me , using it essentialy for retro gaming (mame, neogeo, retroarch...)
he boot 100% with many entry point ironhax,cubiq...

i dont get the point of changing for changing, and scaring ppl.
you like luma , thats good, i like rx and i will keep it until he died , then i change.

i kept my wiiu on 5.3.2 until 2 week ago ,then i update to latest.
loadiine is a great homebrew(until now for vc and rf), but now we can just put games on hdd/usb.
and that is a good thing.

i dont get it why do we change ?!!
ps: i respect your opinion so do the same.

Last edited by mitcha,

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I'm not here to told you to change since I keep my RxTools :')

The main problem is that some security are missing and since it is not supported anymore we dunno how many time it will work and if next update will not kill it.

But you are right, you can wait until the end ^^

Reactions: mitcha

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hi all, im using rx now and it's great for me , using it essentialy for retro gaming (mame, neogeo, retroarch...)
he boot 100% with many entry point ironhax,cubiq...

i dont get the point of changing for changing, and scaring ppl.
you like luma , thats good, i like rx and i will keep it until he died , then i change.

i kept my wiiu on 5.3.2 until 2 week ago ,then i update to latest.
loadiine is a great homebrew(until now for vc and rf), but now we can just put games on hdd/usb.
and that is a good thing.

i dont get it why do we change ?!! Did you even attempt to read the post or even my sticky? I lay out all the reasons to update.
ps: i respect your opinion so do the same.
I am not scaring people, I am stating facts and trying to help people. Clinging to something out of date for the sake of clinging to it doesn't help anyone.
As well, you will not only get those features with Luma3DS, but they will be better on Luma3DS. And this isn't just about Luma3DS, there are other CFW's as well that not only do what RXTools does, but does it batter.
I would also like to mention that there's no reason to cling to such out of date entrypoints when you can get more secure entrypoints.

Omg ... The goal is to allow ppl to test Luma3DS, then when they will be fine with it they will be able to switch. No need to go faster than what ppl can do.
By dual booting, they will be able to keep RxTools and not to be effraid.
People aren't using RXTools, by suggesting another CFW+Decrypt9, you void the entire reason to keep using RXTools.

There is simply no reason to keep using RXTools when there are better options. You aren't making a difficult change, it takes less than 5 minutes to update. Doing so gets you a CFW that is more secure, better tested, still getting updates, ect. With Decrypt9, you are getting all of the same features from RXTools, but they are actually stable and properly tested.

Continuing to cling to RXTools helps no one, you are letting nostalgia blind you.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Initially, I used to think that, "Oh, RXtools is perfect. Why would I ever switch?". But for those who are nervous about changing to another CFW; don't be. It's worth it, if you use your 3DS a lot and it's a lot more stable and more user-friendly. If you're okay with your current setup, though, you shouldn't feel forced to move on from RXtools, but know that there are many better alternatives now.

Reactions: nechigawara

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Initially, I used to think that, "Oh, RXtools is perfect. Why would I ever switch?". But for those who are nervous about changing to another CFW; don't be. It's worth it, if you use your 3DS a lot and it's a lot more stable and more user-friendly. If you're okay with your current setup, though, you shouldn't feel forced to move on from RXtools, but know that there are many better alternatives now.
It's not that I am trying to force people to switch, but I want people to realize that there's no reason to keep using RXTools.
I am trying to help the community by just being blunt and honest here.

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
i see , and thanks all for your last coments , its realy constructive, i will change one day surely , im not afraid by change.
i will test lumag ;) and tell you if i keep rx or luma ( or another).
at this point its my daughter who use the 3ds (she is 3) , and she know how to enter rx ;) ( not the menuhax way).

@Crystal the Glaceon dont tell me the retro game will be better on another cfw , thats have no sence for me !
cuz they run relly smooth on it , but i test and feedback.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i see , and thanks all for your last coments , its realy constructive, i will change one day surely , im not afraid by change.
i will test lumag ;) and tell you if i keep rx or luma ( or another).
at this point its my daughter who use the 3ds (she is 3) , and she know how to enter rx ;) ( not the menuhax way).

@Crystal the Glaceon dont tell me the retro game will be better on another cfw , thats have no sence for me !
cuz they run relly smooth on it , but i test and feedback.
Actually they will. Emulators like retroarch were patched in later OFW updates. Current CFWs like Luma3DS and Corbenik fix that allowing retroarch full hardware access as well allow downgrading on current OFW

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The possibility is to not update the game :rofl2:

IF this happened for pokemon moon / sun we will have to help a lot of ppl changing cfw

Last edited by chocoboss,

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For some games this is right but for majority of them they are just exploit fix.

My 3DS is actually pre-downloading pokemon m/s so I can't test that update q_q
someone will have to explain my why wirless card is so slow on 3DS while the psp seems better :nayps3:

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know why it is a real deal for you if I keep RxTools + Luma3DS

In fact it is better in some case, some ppl like me don't want to install a9hl because of the downgrade ( I will install it but not today, not tomorow, in futur ... maybe )
I have already take risk to go 10.5 -> 9.2

Rx mode can be usefull for sysnand ( GBA games for example ) what other cfw can't do with CTRBootLoader.
In my case it is useless, I don't play GBA games on 3DS ( but psp / psvita ) this is only for fun

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why it is a real deal for you if I keep RxTools + Luma3DS

In fact it is better in some case, some ppl like me don't want to install a9hl because of the downgrade ( I will install it but not today, not tomorow, in futur ... maybe )
I have already take risk to go 10.5 -> 9.2

Rx mode can be usefull for sysnand ( GBA games for example ) what other cfw can't do with CTRBootLoader.
In my case it is useless, I don't play GBA games on 3DS ( but psp / psvita ) this is only for fun
If you hold L booting luma you will boot sysnand. (Or emunand if using a9lh)

Also you act as though downgrade from 10.5 to 9.2 was dangerous. Wasn't nearly as dangerous as downgrade 10.3 when downgrading first came out (which was the method i used)

Last edited by xtheman,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The possibility is to not update the game :rofl2:

IF this happened for pokemon moon / sun we will have to help a lot of ppl changing cfw
Or you could stop using RXTools and update
You are just being stubborn.
Honestly, defend your case. Why continue using RXTools when you are being shown so many reasons to stop using it?

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Because no-one told me that with CTR you can use luma on sysnand. In fact the GUI in RxTools is usefull because you know from the first looking what is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8