Status
Not open for further replies.

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
WTF, how did you get that menu?
Seems really useful to boot everything. This sure doesn't seem like HBC at all.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrbootmanager-3ds-boot-manager-loader-homemenuhax.398383/
EDIT: On topic: I would boot up rxTools after creating an emuNAND just to check if emuNAND works, I mean, rxTools shows RX-E [version number] Which RX-E Tells that you're on emuNAND. Where RX-S tells you're on sysNAND.
Luma doesn't show that, so atleast rxTools is useful for checking ^^
Luma3DS shows that too, Emu for emunand, and Sys for sysnand.

Last edited by hyprskllz,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
WTF, how did you get that menu?
Seems really useful to boot everything. This sure doesn't seem like HBC at all.

EDIT: On topic: I would boot up rxTools after creating an emuNAND just to check if emuNAND works, I mean, rxTools shows RX-E [version number] Which RX-E Tells that you're on emuNAND. Where RX-S tells you're on sysNAND.
Luma doesn't show that, so atleast rxTools is useful for checking ^^
Huh, Luma DOES show that. Sys [version number] or Emu [version number].

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the only way A9LH Sys nand bricking is more dangerous than an emunand brick /potentially a 9.2 Sysnand brick is you Hose FIRM0/FIRM1 (which is where A9LH is, as long these remain intact or there arent bad blocks in teh NAND [which shouldnt be happening yet even on teh first run of 3DS's, you can always Restore a Backup by booting Decrypt9, as A9LH boots so early in the Chain of trust well before anything to the Home menu can.)

that is the biggest Reason A9LH -> Menuhax for loading CFW, its not necessary to HAVETO go A9LH as even luma has FIRM protection (but its not infallible)
Hell, if you don't trust FIRM protection, you can still use an EmuNAND with A9LH, it'll be faster and still have a 100% bootrate. It's still a better option than using an older entrypoint.

Reactions: Gray_Jack

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Nope. It just say Ver. 11.2.0-35E. I have a PAL 3DS, so yeah.
It doesn't say emu or Sys. 100% sure.
Your region isn't an issue here, so it's definitely not that.
Unless you're using the custom string feature, the format will be the default ones, the one i mentioned before.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Nope. It just say Ver. 11.2.0-35E. I have a PAL 3DS, so yeah.
It doesn't say emu or Sys. 100% sure.
You have to choose the option in settings.... Also, it's not a PAL 3DS, it is an EUR 3DS.

Your region isn't an issue here, so it's definitely not that.
Unless you're using the custom string feature, the format will be the default ones, the one i mentioned before.
he probably doesn't have the option ticked in settings.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to choose the option in settings.... Also, it's not a PAL 3DS, it is an EUR 3DS.

he probably doesn't have the option ticked in settings.

Yeah, sometimes I write PAL, sometimes EUR... Idk lol.
Thanks, now it works! :D
RIP rxTools fully now! Muhahaha!

Last edited by thekarter104,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ctr is still a nice way to boot your emunand I think. It succed 95℅ of time on my o3DS. After trying more, my system seems them same than with RxTools ... Maybe more secured but no difference are noticable. Game play the same.

Maybe one day in futur I will go for a9hl but I think even with that I will keep on emunand because we dunno what can happened in futur maybe one day Nintendo will make an update that will prevent us to boot our cfw. In emunand you just have to restore np. In sysnand it can become à little harder if they really want to **** us

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Ctr is still a nice way to boot your emunand I think. It succed 95℅ of time on my o3DS. After trying more, my system seems them same than with RxTools ... Maybe more secured but no difference are noticable. Game play the same.

Maybe one day in futur I will go for a9hl but I think even with that I will keep on emunand because we dunno what can happened in futur maybe one day Nintendo will make an update that will prevent us to boot our cfw. In emunand you just have to restore np. In sysnand it can become à little harder if they really want to **** us
Actually, if your SysNAND stops booting, you can just restore a NAND backup from H9 or D9WIP if you have A9LH. Also, A9LH EmuNAND still has a better bootrate and faster bootspeed than menuhax.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, if your SysNAND stops booting, you can just restore a NAND backup from H9 or D9WIP if you have A9LH. Also, A9LH EmuNAND still has a better bootrate and faster bootspeed than menuhax.
emunand is 100% and you dont even need a nand backup if you somehow brick sysnand, just a valid ctrnand. Although you may lose data from it...

Reactions: gnmmarechal

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've said this before, but Nintendo could easily push an update that checks the SD for an EmuNAND partition and prevent the system from booting it. So long as you're not a moron SysNAND is perfectly safe.
Actually, that's not really possible. An update like that would easily risk bricking non-hacked systems.
They can however push out an update the requires the Home menu to need an updated NATIVE_FIRM, which would break CFWs. Active ones will easily update, but RXTools will be broken forever.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Actually, that's not really possible. An update like that would easily risk bricking non-hacked systems.
They can however push out an update the requires the Home menu to need an updated NATIVE_FIRM, which would break CFWs. Active ones will easily update, but RXTools will be broken forever.
How would an update that checks for EmuNAND break non-hacked systems?

It's easy to check if something is an EmuNAND/RedNAND reliably, just check for the NAND magic header.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
How so? All the system would have to do is check the SD for said partition by checking its MBR, and if it exists prevent the system from booting that partition (or prevent the entire system from booting). The system itself wouldn't be bricked.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How would an update that checks for EmuNAND break non-hacked systems?

It's easy to check if something is an EmuNAND/RedNAND reliably, just check for the NAND magic header.
How so? All the system would have to do is check the SD for said partition by checking its MBR, and if it exists prevent the system from booting that partition (or prevent the entire system from booting). The system itself wouldn't be bricked.
That statement was more speculation than anything. But it does seem like something that could easily go wrong.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I've said this before, but Nintendo could easily push an update that checks the SD for an EmuNAND partition and prevent the system from booting it. So long as you're not a moron SysNAND is perfectly safe.
Doubt they'd do that.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I do too considering that their focusing is being directed towards a new console, but it is still very much possible.
I'm very surprised that they didn't kill support for older FIRMs, tbh. rxTools would die, and hardmod/DSiWareHax downgrades would die.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Home menu to use new nativ_firm will probably never happened, ppl tell this will happened since 10.5 but this as never happened and will probably never.

Even if this happened we will be able to flash old home menu to keep working :rofl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ