Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does firmlaunch not work on a physical cart? trying to run Fire emblem if with firmlaunch on a JP N3DS and it keeps on asking for me to update to 9.7 firmware (9.2.0-20J sysnand)

Firmlaunch doesn't work for games requiring over FW 9.5 on n3DS. For now at least. Use NTR CFW.

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, is regionfree plugin and layeredFS part of pasta or is it a individual file that I gotta download? Can't find them.

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My setup: USA N3DS with 9.0.0-20U and CN

I reformatted my 3DS and reloaded all of my CIAs, but now none of my GBA games work anymore.
They worked fine before the reformat, but now they all say "An error has occurred..." and I have to reboot my 3DS.
All of my other CIA's work fine.

Was there some step I'm forgetting to do to get them to work?

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My setup: USA N3DS with 9.0.0-20U and CN

I reformatted my 3DS and reloaded all of my CIAs, but now none of my GBA games work anymore.
They worked fine before the reformat, but now they all say "An error has occurred..." and I have to reboot my 3DS.
All of my other CIA's work fine.

Was there some step I'm forgetting to do to get them to work?
Did you tried to reinstall the patched agb-firm ?

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I re-downloaded the 0004013820000202 from 3DNUS, re-applied the patch with New3DS_AGB_FIRM_v4816_SignPatcher and still no-go.
I then started all over again, re-formatted the 3DS without the SD card in, reloaded everything again and now it works!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Reactions: JJTapia19

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I has not been released yet. You will be happy with rxTools 2.6 : https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/releases
there is a dedicated thread to building it yourself. The title says noob proof, but it's not. Only three pages though (I think) before I had all of the kinks figured out, so read the thread and you should be able to get it done on your own.

Saiyann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I've been using pasta for a while and it works great. Have a few questions tho:
Is it possible to play European cias on a US console?
Is going online/using spotpass with Pasta possible? and is it safe?
Thanks

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does a physical cart of a game that is 9.7 firmware work on 9.2 sysnand?
I'm trying to use this fan translation patch for this game https://gbatemp.net/threads/v1-release-fire-emblem-if-english-translation.392136/
and using NTR_CFW and Pastacfw + NTR to try to run it but I get a infinite 3ds loading screen
and i've been told that it should work, and i've also been told that since it's a 9.7 firmware game that it won't work at all, won't work with pasta nor ntr_cfw.

Though the person that created that thread says that it should work with the physical cart of the game with ntr_cfw along with the files they provided, but i'm starting to doubt that as i've been trying since yesterday to do so, even formatting the 3ds and SD card and starting over again.

I know a cia version works on a emuNAND and Pasta+NTR.

Anyone able to help?

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So does a physical cart of a game that is 9.7 firmware work on 9.2 sysnand?
I'm trying to use this fan translation patch for this game https://gbatemp.net/threads/v1-release-fire-emblem-if-english-translation.392136/
and using NTR_CFW and Pastacfw + NTR to try to run it but I get a infinite 3ds loading screen
and i've been told that it should work, and i've also been told that since it's a 9.7 firmware game that it won't work at all, won't work with pasta nor ntr_cfw.

Though the person that created that thread says that it should work with the physical cart of the game with ntr_cfw along with the files they provided, but i'm starting to doubt that as i've been trying since yesterday to do so, even formatting the 3ds and SD card and starting over again.

I know a cia version works on a emuNAND and Pasta+NTR.

Anyone able to help?
- Have you tried Free Multi Patcher + Pasta Firmlaunch enabled ?
- Have you tried Free Multi Patcher + ReiNand emunand 9.5 ?

Edit : The "ROM Patcher v1" link in your thread is dead... If you can found it you can try to convert the rom into a fw spoofed region free .cia.

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Have you tried Free Multi Patcher + Pasta Firmlaunch enabled ?
- Have you tried Free Multi Patcher + ReiNand emunand 9.5 ?

Edit : The "ROM Patcher v1" link in your thread is dead... If you can found it you can try to convert the rom into a fw spoofed region free .cia.
I'm trying to not use a emuNAND, and the method that it says in the thread is to use NTR_CFW, and if that doesn't work tried Pasta + NTR, but NTR doesn't load when firmlaunch is enabled in Pasta.

I know cia's work in ReiNAND, didn't try the physical cart, but that's beside the point that i'm currently trying to do.

Edit: The actual thread is here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55595&page=1 and it has updated version/s

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried Free Multi Patcher ?
The one that's icon looks exactly like the YGW eshop spoofer? Yeah, I used it nothing happened, starting to doubt that it even works on the physical cart.

Edit: I know about the cia patcher, i've gotten it to work multiple times, it's just the NTR_CFW method they list isn't working.
The method is under the Spoiler (HOW YOU CAN PLAY IT ON YOUR NINTENDO 3DS!)

I downloaded their files, which had two folders which i'm told to extract to the root of the 3ds and NTR_CFW should have regionfree + layeredFS by default, so idk why it's not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol