Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if I'm doing it properly lol. butchered from NTR sorry. don't know if it even makes sensem
insert after https://github.com/capito27/Pasta-CFW/blob/master/CFW_loader/source/main.c#L155
Code:
u8 patch6[] = { 0x00, 0x7f, 0xff, 0xff }; //; Nintendo defines region free as 0x7f ff ff ff
u32 *dest1 = 0x08058804; ///[R4,#0x18] ; //patch region lockout (offset 0x2018), not sure if this is the right offset
memcpy(dest1, patch6, 4);

Just edited source and tried this, sadly doesn't give the desired result. :(
It reboots into home menu fine as it should but shortly after selecting another game on the home menu other that what's in the card slot freezes the system up. :(

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys. I finished my 3 hours sleep.

Today I'll be out with my son (last Rugby tournament) so don't go crazy if I don't answer your questions.

What I released is only a preview to show it's possible, use it if you want, but you should keep calm and wait the real release.

And there is no need to give a name to a POC.

CU tomorrow.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Today I'll be out with my son (last Rugby tournament) so don't go crazy if I don't answer your questions.

What I released is only a preview to show it's possible, use it if you want, but you should keep calm and wait the real release.

CU tomorrow.

Have a good day!

Reactions: Margen67

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CU tomorrow.
Enjoy the time with your son!

Reactions: Margen67

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit. Wish I could remember the name. In fact a video by flare posted earlier in this thread. It was part of a cardless palanine rednand tutorial. In the description of that video on YouTube is a download link for all files needed. That tool was apart of that archive. It's just that I'm at work atm and can't dig it up myself.
Pretty sure I found it, here.

THIS DOESN'T WORK ON 2DS OR N3DS!

Today I'll be showing you how to get CFW on 3DS without a DS Flashcart or a Gateway! This is the first ever video tutorial on how to do this WITHOUT a DS Flashcart ever needed. To make this even more convenient, I put all the files needed into one .zip archive for you to download. No installation, just a few programs you'll need to run. Follow the video tutorial, but refer back to the written one if you forgot to do something. I also made the video available in 1080p if you like high quality videos :P

~~~WHAT YOU WILL NEED~~~
1. SD Card (At least 1GB)
2. 3DS
3. Internet Access
4. "All CFW Files" downloaded
5. Computer (PC or Mac are recommended)

~~~TUTORIAL~~~
Skip the pre-setup steps if your 3DS is 4.5 or below! Do the pre-setup if your 3DS is above 4.5.

(Pre-setup) 1. Downgrade your 3DS Firmware to 4.5 or less using this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziB29...
(Pre-setup) 2.Turn off your 3DS after that's complete.
1. Download & Extract the folder "All CFW Files".
2. Delete ALL files from your SD Card.
3. Copy the folders inside "All CFW Files" to the root of your SD Card.
4. Copy the "MT_INSTALLER" and "Launcher.dat" from the "MT Card Files" folder, and paste them on the root of your SD Card.
5. Copy everything from inside the "Spider3DSTools & code.bin" folder, and paste them on the root of your SD Card.
5a. Your SD Card should look like mine at the end of Step 1 now!
6. Eject your SD Card and put it into your 3DS.
7. Start up your 3DS.
8. Launch the Internet Browser, and go to this URL: http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.co...
9. Wait for it to finish installing the DS Profile Exploit. The web browser will crash when it's complete.
10. Once its finished installing, go to Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile -- Nintendo DS Profile Settings.
10a. If the MT Card Launcher loads, then you've successfully installed the DS Profile Exploit!
11. Turn off your 3DS by holding down the power button for about 15 seconds.
12. Eject your SD Card, and insert it into your computer.
13. Copy the "Launcher.dat" from "Gateway Launcher.dat" on your SD Card.
14. Paste it to the root of your SD Card, overwriting the "Launcher.dat" from the "MT Card Files" folder.
14a. Your SD Card should look like mine at the end of Step 3 now!
15. Eject your SD Card from your computer, and put it back into your 3DS.
16. Start up your 3DS.
17. Go to Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile -- Nintendo DS Profile Settings.
18. The Gateway menu should load.
19. Scroll to the right until you find the "FORMAT EMUNAND" option.
20. Click "A".
21. Click "Start".
22. Wait for it to finish formatting. This part of the video is time-lapsed! It will take a lot longer than it does in the video.
23. Press "A" when it's done.
23a. You've successfully formatted emuNAND!
24. Turn off your 3DS by holding down the power button for about 15 seconds.
25. Eject your SD Card and insert it into your computer.
25a. It should be named "GATEWAYNAND" now.
26. Navigate to SD:\Nintendo 3DS\gibberish numbers and letters\gibberish numbers and letters\ and create a folder called "dbs".
27. Make a new text document.
28. Do not put ANYTHING in it, and save it as "title.db" and save it once again as "import.db". Make sure to change the file extension from *.txt to All Files.
28a. You've successfully tricked your system!
29. Eject your SD Card, and insert it into your 3DS.
30. Turn on your 3DS and go to Settings -- Data Management -- Nintendo 3DS Software
31. Click OK when it asks you to format data.
32. Once it's done, go back into Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile.
33. Hold the "L" Button, and go into Nintendo DS Profile.
33a. You've successfully installed & booted CFW!
33b. If it doesn't work, try letting go of the "L" button very quickly after clicking Nintendo DS Profile.

~~~DOWNLOADS~~~
All CFW Files: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pxc...

All CFW Files (Mirror): http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.asp...

All CFW Files (Mirror 2): http://gamebrew.22web.org/uploads/All...

~~~FAQ~~~
Q: Will this brick my 3DS?
A: Possibly. When in doubt, back up your NAND.

Thanks for watching! I hope this helped! Don't forget to like and subscribe for more tutorials like this.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Try with that, this is the same launcher but encrypted for gateway mset rop.

Umm..... How does this work? What should happen after I tap on "DS Profile" ? What happens on mine is that the screen turns white, then black, and then back to the home screen. But all the CIA's I installed using Palantine do not work.

My redNAND and sysNAND are linked so I'm expecting that after loading PastaCFW, I should be able to run the games in my SD card (The only difference is that I'm on sysNAND rather than on redNAND). Or perhaps I am missing something or done wrong?

Edit :
- I extracted the encrypted Launcher.dat in the root of the 3DS SD Card, overwriting the Palantine CFW's Launcher.dat.
- I extracted the PastaCFW 1.1 archive into the root of the 3DS SD Card, ending up in (Drive):\3ds\PastaCFW\loader.bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: sup