Hacking passcard question

jba6511

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question - i know the passcard is the same as the superkey. So would this setup work: G6 lite chineese (possibly english) with the superkey without any problems or compatiability issues? Also, does anyone know of a vendor with the G6 lite in stock besides for gamerstation.ca (Price is too expensive and want me to pay with paypal)

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question - i know the passcard is the same as the superkey. So would this setup work: G6 lite chineese (possibly english) with the superkey without any problems or compatiability issues? Also, does anyone know of a vendor with the G6 lite in stock besides for gamerstation.ca (Price is too expensive and want me to pay with paypal)

Passcard 3/Superkey should both work on any M3/G6/Supercard devices.

yumms

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No one has it in stock right now, not even gamerstation.ca. When you get to the payment screen then they tell you that its out of stock.

Anyway an off topic question, does Superkey work with EZ Flash Lite?

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one has it in stock right now, not even gamerstation.ca. When you get to the payment screen then they tell you that its out of stock.

Anyway an off topic question, does Superkey work with EZ Flash Lite?

There is some confusion on that issue. If it has a splash/boot screen, then no.

The confusion is because of this:

The Passcard 3 and Superkeys are made at the same plant and are identical besides the software on them. The Passcard 3 has a splash screen and doesn't work with EZ 4s, the Superkey originally did not have a splash screen and worked with the EZ 4.

Things get complicated: Some Passcard 3s were shipped with the Superkey software on them and worked with EZ 4s (and had no splash screen). These were probably mislabeled in the factory.

Rumor is some new Superkeys come with a splash screen and don't work with the EZ 4, but I've never seen a 100% confirmation of this.

I know Winsunx.com sells "new" and "old" Superkeys, claiming the old ones work, but the new ones don't.

Hope that helped.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to give you a quick rundown but for a complete one check out Qrayzie's thread here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=33429. Extremely helpful.

As for the rundown, just off of the top of my head, the old version of the superkey works with the EZ4 lite. As for where to obtain one, I believe kicktrading may have a few since when I asked about a splashless Passcard 3 they suggested I get a Superkey. The Neoflash MK4 is supposed to work with damn near every DS flashcard and it has no splash screen if something like that bothers you. Winsunx is the only dealer that I know of that sells that card. Also there is the soon to be released EZPass 3. The EZ team just announced it a day or so ago. According to their announcement it should work with everything. However, there is no timetable for realease (should be soon). If you can wait I believe that Qrayzie is in the process of obtaining a EZPass and a few new cards to test their compatibility so keep an eye on the thread I gave you link to above.

Hope I was of some help
yaynds.gif

yumms

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow good info. But by the time EZ Lite is in stock, EZPass 3 is released I'm sure better alternatives would be released.

Rumours of EZ Lite version 2 are floating around
ohmy.gif

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks. anyone know a vendor with the g6 lite in stock?
hopebuy.com has chinese version in stock. you have to order and then post a thread on the forum with your order number stating you want the chinese version now.

otherwise it assumes you are waiting for the english one which will come out in 2+ weeks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...