Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
:mellow: Still 28%....

Does the program continue?
:(

This is a partial translation project, while 28% might not sound like a lot this is based on the number of scripts that are finished rather than the ground that has been covered from the bulk of work (meaning the finished script are much bigger files than the remaining NEW ones, and apart from some long files concerning the honeymoon trips the rest are only but a couple of paragraphs long at best). Now as far as releasing the patch we will be able to do so as soon as we receive some much needed help with finalizing the tools meant for public use, without them there is no other easy way to replace some files in the game and replacing these files manually would require a lot of perplexing instructions and errors that would probably confuse and frustrate even the most advanced of users.

Last edited by Dgrin,
Reactions: Deleted User

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Last edited by Dgrin,

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Reactions: Dgrin

Takanaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
so, how much has changed in the new patch since around april of last year when i last played the patch?

everything has been fine tuned since then, there have been new translated scripts & additions in the SystemData files, a new .code file plugin which redirects and makes some of our own translated files dominant rather than the Japanese files still in the img.bin file, a lot of corrections through the proofreading process, and a few more cosmetic changes to accommodate the word wrapping, the way the scripts appear in the game, etc. We also have had a lot more bulk of new work finished and ready but unfortunately these cannot be applied with ease to the game just yet due to the issues we've been experiencing with our tools but since perhaps the hacking scene in general is not quite there yet to deal with those particular issues we decided to eventually release a lighter partial-patch now and hopefully one day soon we'll be able to offer more of the rest of the work for use by the public.

Last edited by Dgrin,

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super super exciting seeing that the patch is downloadable again! I've been wanting to redownload and play again, this definitely gives me reason to.

Thank you to everyone who worked on getting it (the translation) this far!

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

The video samcambolt270 linked is very helpful, here is a tutorial from the 2009 NDS game that will help you setting up a profile and also understanding the purpose of the 2014 game: https://sites.google.com/site/loveplusguide/menu/game-start

Naming your character : https://sites.google.com/site/loveplusguide/menu/naming

Also visit this 2011 game wikia and under 'Game | Menu, Tips & Gameplay' you'll find translations and a short description of the menus that will also be useful when playing the 2014 game for the first time: http://nloveplus.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Lastly most of the game has been covered by the members of this LovePlus forum so if there's something you want to know considering the gameplay you can go through older posts or ask for their help here : http://loveplusenglish.proboards.com/index.cgi

The 2014 title is a little different from the 2009 and 2011 titles but most of the game is still exactly the same throughout the whole series so visiting older tutorials and videos online will come handy whenever you want to know what to do during an event or how to trigger and unlock various aspects of the game.

Last edited by Dgrin,
Reactions: Thunder Kai

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Would like to point out that if you come across any type of error while playing the patched game we would appreciate it if you'd report these here so they can be corrected.

Last edited by Dgrin,

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
We also have had a lot more bulk of new work finished and ready but unfortunately these cannot be applied with ease to the game just yet due to the issues we've been experiencing with our tools but since perhaps the hacking scene in general is not quite there yet to deal with those particular issues we decided to eventually release a lighter partial-patch now and hopefully one day soon we'll be able to offer more of the rest of the work for use by the public.

Have you looked into the Kuriimu Suite of tools? looking at the issues I believe Kukkii can convert PNG to BCLIM with the correct encoding, been awhile since I tried but fairly certain that is in there.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
We have previously experimented with an early version of Kuriimu, we'll take another look to see if there's been any recent progress that might benefit our project, thank you for bringing this to our attention!

If it turns out not to work you could always try open an issue on the Kuriimu GitHub.

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any consideration of the new Luma game patching method? It should be a lot easier on the user than even HANS and is great for updating frequently (or testing updates btw.) All a user has to do is drop patch files into an appropriate directory and Luma automatically handles the rest (well, they have to turn on the patch support option which is off by default, but otherwise it's basically automatic.)

Last edited by Nazosan,
Reactions: Thunder Kai

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Any consideration of the new Luma game patching method?

The current files can be used for any patch method you wish to operate, I'm still at an older Luma so I haven't used this option yet but I typed out some instructions based on their own (left the IPS Patch/code.ips part out), anyone who has Luma 8.0 and does follow these instructions let me know if they're working properly or not: NLPPATCH.LUMA8.0.README.txt

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
The current files can be used for any patch method you wish to operate, I'm still at an older Luma so I haven't used this option yet but I typed out some instructions based on their own (left the IPS Patch/code.ips part out), anyone who has Luma 8.0 and does follow these instructions let me know if they're working properly or not: NLPPATCH.LUMA8.0.README.txt
It worked for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...