Homebrew Nyan Cat for DSTwo (SCDS2 Entry)

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Inspired by this guy (http://gbatemp.net/t289130-homebrew-nyan) and of course the nyan cat itself, a few friends and I have decided to have a competition to see who could recreate it on our existing systems the fastest. The other two guys were doing an IOS and Android version, so I'm not sure if theirs is up in their respective markets yet. If not, then I have won!

11-4-17-21-7-54.jpg

video here

The readme
QUOTE said:
Nyan Cat for DS2
By BassAceGold

Icon created by Jurassicplayer

Installation:
-copy Nyancat folder to anywhere on your sd card
*Make sure nyancat.plg is in the same folder as all the graphics and audio*
-copy nyancat.png (the icon) to desired location

Controls:
-Pressing L and R simultaniously will take a screenshot and save it to the nyancat folder
-Pressing Start, A or touching the screen will exit back to your menu
And the download here (source included).

Extra installation instructions (iMenu and Standard plugin menu):
BassAceGold said:
If you are using the standard plugin menu, you'll have to copy the contents of the nyancat folder to the root of your card, then copy the nyancat.plg file to the _dstwoplug folder and create an ini and new icon for it in the _dstwoplug folder as well.

iMenu users:
spinal_cord said:
iMenu users, it's simple. Just copy the folder to somewhere on your card, copy the png icon to _imenu/_images/icons/
boot up imenu, create a new shortcut (press select), choose the .plg from wherever you put it and the rest of the details should fill themselves, then just save it.

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Funkystuff said:
QUOTE said:
If not, then I have won!
F*CK YOU BASS! (inside joke)
Its no where near as good as my iOS version. I finished deving first hours before you anyways.

U jelly? I only got held up cause i couldn't find the right font, all the coding was done before you finished
tongue.gif

Funkystuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BassAceGold said:
Funkystuff said:
QUOTE said:
If not, then I have won!
F*CK YOU BASS! (inside joke)
Its no where near as good as my iOS version. I finished deving first hours before you anyways.

U jelly? I only got held up cause i couldn't find the right font, all the coding was done before you finished
tongue.gif

Your free type library broke thats not my fault! Plus you dont even have an intro into space like my cat does!

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like a complete idiot but exactly how do I set this up? The plug-in doesn't show up and when it did after I messed around for a little bit all I got was a sd clocking screen.
wacko.gif

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thesolcity said:
I feel like a complete idiot but exactly how do I set this up? The plug-in doesn't show up and when it did after I messed around for a little bit all I got was a sd clocking screen.
wacko.gif

If you are using the standard plugin menu, you'll have to copy the contents of the nyancat folder to the root of your card, then copy the nyancat.plg file to the _dstwoplug folder and create an ini and new icon for it in the _dstwoplug folder as well.

BAGplug users, just need to drag and drop it somewhere as explain in the first post.

iMenu users:
QUOTE(spinal_cord @ Apr 18 2011, 01:36 PM) iMenu users, it's simple. Just copy the folder to somewhere on your card, copy the png icon to _imenu/_images/icons/
boot up imenu, create a new shortcut (press select), choose the .plg from wherever you put it and the rest of the details should fill themselves, then just save it.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BassAceGold said:
Thesolcity said:
wacko.gif

BAGplug users, just need to drag and drop it somewhere as explain in the first post.

iMenu users, well they have to do what ever that entails to get their stuff in the menu.

Thank you. I will try BAGplug.

EDIT:
Works on BAGplug perfectly, I'll keep this as my default OS on my homebrew SD.
yaynds.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
BassAceGold said:
Presto99 said:
So you just watch a cute cat with a rainbow trail walk in space?
Yeah pretty much.
And the point of all this is ????
unsure.gif

Personally I would prefer if people came up with new PLG versions of emulators (like a Lameboy equivalent that accepts ARG()
wink.gif
)

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
BassAceGold said:
Presto99 said:
So you just watch a cute cat with a rainbow trail walk in space?
Yeah pretty much.
And the point of all this is ????
unsure.gif

Personally I would prefer if people came up with new PLG versions of emulators (like a Lameboy equivalent that accepts ARG()
wink.gif
)

There is no point, it is just something I created for fun.

Porting emulators to the DSTwo is not a quick and easy task. Especially when most of the emulators that are worthy of porting over all rely on hardware the DSTwo does not have.

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
Hey - I've just found out that that's Homebrew isn't complete.....There's a TUNE that's suppose to go with it

[youtube]2yJgwwDcgV8[/youtube]

source

There is a song that is played, just watch the video in the first post, or look in the downloaded files (nyancat.ogg)

QUOTE(Sausage Head @ Apr 18 2011, 01:04 PM) Things like this should go to the EoF Bounty
tongue.gif

You don't expect this to be a winner, do you?
Course I don't expect it to win, but it gets far more views here and helps bulk up the entries in the bounty a bit.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
opps my bad... when I first looked @ that video I was in work - & I guess some1 must've turned the volume down on the speakers or something (gonna have to check that tomorrow)

EDIT: Just checked the speakers in work to see why I didn't hear the tune in the video - they didn't turn down the volume control or unplugged them - Some C*** has sliced through the cable
ranting.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
iMenu users, it's simple. Just copy the folder to somewhere on your card, copy the png icon to _imenu/_images/icons/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...