United States
PS2.jpeg
~Compatible with PCSX2 v1.7.5679~

To figure out what your bios folder name is
Open the bios then toggle texture dumping with hotkey or in the menu
then check your textures folder for one that's only numbers
put the replacements folder there
I also included textures for when you start a game in full boot
while not required, it's highly recommended to make a symlink to copy and paste the folder in different locations so it doesn't take up more than 1 folder's worth of storage space.
open cmd.exe as admin by right clicking the windows icon at the bottom left and click on Run
type cmd than press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. copy this text "mklink /D C:\PS2Bios C:\Games\pcsx2-v1.7.3989\textures\20020207-164243\replacements\full_boot"
replace C:\Games with the drive letter you use and where the PCSX2 folder is located
replace 20020207-164243 with the bios version you are using (see beginning of post to know what name it is)
find the newly created symlink folder in your main drive directory (it looks like a shortcut)
Cut and paste it into a texture replacement folder of a game
Now Copy the PS2Bios Symlink folder in the game you just moved it into and paste it into every game you have's replacement folder
Do this every time you launch a new game
I've decided to separate the save icons from my packs to this thread via a second separate download which will be updated every time I upscale a pack for myself or specific individuals.
Save icons included in separate folder
All game packs I've made +
Burnout 3/Dominator
Crash Twinsanity
Disaster Report 1
MX vs. ATV Unleashed
Onimusha 2
Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights
Shinobi
Socom: US Navy Seals 1
Stretch Panic
WipEout Fusion

Main Bios :arrow:https://www.mediafire.com/file/cdcr1cvcr0zx3eb/20020207-164243.zip/file
Saves :arrow:https://www.mediafire.com/file/xfis1ez89l7lzmv/PS2Saves.zip/file

Last edited by SomberShroud,

KevinMI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a bios version of 2008, and yours is from 2002, are you sure you have the latest version?

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
hifi4everyone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Update: Separated main bios files from saves as I'm gonna start making this my hub for bios save icons and will be constantly updating with every pack I make. You only need to download the main bios files once then check back to see if this thread was updated and download the new saves.

• Love
Reactions: CoomerGamer

CoomerGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
An essential upgrade. Brilliant work Somber-sama. This should honestly come out as part of the standard default PCSX2 download.

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
hifi4everyone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
An essential upgrade. Brilliant work Somber-sama. This should honestly come out as part of the standard default PCSX2 download.
You know the devs of PCSX2 have no faith in texture replacements as they've been refusing to add a feature from Dolphin that has helped it in texture replacements (can't remember the name, something to do with wildcards for overwriting filenames) and generally being pessimistic about any development on replacements which is sad. I doubt they would even mention this thread on there site, all we can hope for is eventually every game will be upscalable.

• Wow
Reactions: CoomerGamer

kupo-on-gbatem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You know the devs of PCSX2 have no faith in texture replacements as they've been refusing to add a feature from Dolphin that has helped it in texture replacements (can't remember the name, something to do with wildcards for overwriting filenames) and generally being pessimistic about any development on replacements which is sad. I doubt they would even mention this thread on there site, all we can hope for is eventually every game will be upscalable.

What you mean is the option for wildcard characters as I asked for here. I agree the pcsx2 devs are not very cooperative, if it comes to texture replacements. First Stenzek said, it's on his todo list, one year later he said, someone else should do it. And who knows if they would merge it, if someone takes the job. In that case someone should just fork pcsx2 to make a custom build with this feature. Would certainly pressure them to apply it into the official build, because emu devs hate it, when custom build are floating around haha. The new build could be based on the next stable, which should be released soon, since most users tend to use stable versions anyway.

Unfortunatelly I can't code myself, otherwise I would have done it already. Maybe we should make a new thread, called "Searching for software engineers" to bring more attention to thic topic. However without an option to make it sticky, the thread would go to the bottom quickly.

SadOrigami

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
What you mean is the option for wildcard characters as I asked for here. I agree the pcsx2 devs are not very cooperative, if it comes to texture replacements. First Stenzek said, it's on his todo list, one year later he said, someone else should do it. And who knows if they would merge it, if someone takes the job. In that case someone should just fork pcsx2 to make a custom build with this feature. Would certainly pressure them to apply it into the official build, because emu devs hate it, when custom build are floating around haha. The new build could be based on the next stable, which should be released soon, since most users tend to use stable versions anyway.

Unfortunatelly I can't code myself, otherwise I would have done it already. Maybe we should make a new thread, called "Searching for software engineers" to bring more attention to thic topic. However without an option to make it sticky, the thread would go to the bottom quickly.
Did the user who created this group died or something?

Edit: I can make something on the Discord.

Last edited by SadOrigami,

kupo-on-gbatem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tbh I just thought this forum doesn't have this option, because so far there are no sticky threads here, but after looking into other groups on gbatemp, I know I was wrong :huh:

Yea well, Idk who's the admin here, but if we have the option to make threads sticky, we should do it. I would make your two threads with the texture pack lists sticky, too (not all the lists from single users, this would be too much and would discriminate other users). But those that you have made made for all texture packs.

paynexkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tbh I just thought this forum doesn't have this option, because so far there are no sticky threads here, but after looking into other groups on gbatemp, I know I was wrong :huh:

Yea well, Idk who's the admin here, but if we have the option to make threads sticky, we should do it. I would make your two threads with the texture pack lists sticky, too (not all the lists from single users, this would be too much and would discriminate other users). But those that you have made made for all texture packs.

This person's right. If someone is making the effort to make a list of all of the texture packs (or most of them.) Why wouldn't we have that stickied so it's the first thing people go to? Definitely something that should be implemented. As someone who's still new here it was weird I had to search around for so many different packs when there are threads with everything in one place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: