FAKE-08 DS V0.0.0.0 (Alpha)

Emulator

Indy13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A few days ago, @yoooblls posted a topic about the port of FAKE-08 by @Pk11 here :

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guys-look-pico-8-port-for-the-ds-look.643064/#post-10292631

Although this port dates from a year ago, it seemed necessary to make a real topic on this little hidden gem.

INSTALLATION

- Copy the 'p8carts' folder on the root of your SD Card
- Put the .nds anywhere you want on your SD Card

USER GUIDE

START = opens the menu and lets you exit carts
SELECT = cycle between rendering sizes
A = X
B = O
L+R = exit FAKE-08

The p8carts folder already contains 100 games pre-installed

Use D-pad to select the game you want to launch and press A to launch the game

To optimize the experience a little more, It's recommended before launching a game to :

1. go to the settings menu by pressing start,
2. then set in 'audio' --> 'channel count' --> 'off' (this seems to do gain speed very very slightly)
3. and go to video --> stretch mode --> stretch to fill (this improves visibility) or press SELECT twice

After testing more than a hundred games with it, I decided to make an archive containing a readme file explaining its use and also to include 50 funny games (like Cubevania, Porter, Orul, Matchy Matchy, Station 8, Wirb and many more...) that do not run too slowly, although it is still of an alpha version, there is really a way to have fun with this first version.

Thank you for your great work @Pk11 , it’s awesome to have a new emulator on our DS(i) ! :bow:

Pk11's github :
https://github.com/Epicpkmn11

jtothebell's github :
https://github.com/jtothebell

Games on Lexaloffe website :
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?cat=7#sub=2&mode=carts&orderby=featured

Update 20/11/23 :
New archive added including 100 games & updated readme file

Attachments

• FAKE-08 DS.7z
    3.4 MB · Views: 39
Last edited by Indy13,

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well working machine, some games are not so demanding, even celeste works acceptable. As for the sounds i find sometimes a crappy sounds on the older mobile phone ( snapdragon 410). Do you know any carts you would like to add to the list? I would say "Cat Panic!" is a fun game. You start with many sprites so it begins with slow montion till you place half of cats to the rockets. It shows also a benchmark capability of lua scripting for DS/DSi. Some games like mappy port doesn't work good. You'll always find too much demanding games as this machine has no limits. Games are embedded into png file, cool idea.
37491.p8.png

Reactions: Indy13

TempGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
huh, I never knew the DS now has a pico8 emu.

Time for me to dust off my DSi and get this thing running on my CFW'd DSi. Thanks for the post!

Reactions: Indy13

Indy13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well working machine, some games are not so demanding, even celeste works acceptable. As for the sounds i find sometimes a crappy sounds on the older mobile phone ( snapdragon 410). Do you know any carts you would like to add to the list? I would say "Cat Panic!" is a fun game. You start with many sprites so it begins with slow montion till you place half of cats to the rockets. It shows also a benchmark capability of lua scripting for DS/DSi. Some games like mappy port doesn't work good. You'll always find too much demanding games as this machine has no limits. Games are embedded into png file, cool idea.
37491.p8.png
Great idea @plasturion , i'm working on a new version of the games romset, I've tested lots of games yesterday, the romset is up to 90 games now but I haven't update the archive in post yet, I continue some tests to up romset to 100 games before to update the archive but I'm gonna include 'Cat Panic !' for sure, once again thanks for your idea ! ;)
Post automatically merged:

Update 20/11/23 :
New archive added including 100 games & updated readme file

Last edited by Indy13,

Indy13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just a question to the community, would anyone be able to reference it on Gamebrew?

Thx in advance

EDIT :
A big thank you to whoever referenced it, great work and especially for listing all the games in the pack with the names of the authors and the links to play them on PC, thank you again, whoever you are, it's really great work! :bow:

Last edited by Indy13,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto