Hacking Nintendont

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for help with the raphnet adapter. I have a newer version of it, so I changed

Code:
[raphnet.net GC/N64 to USB, v2.9]
VID=289B
PID=000C

Got nintendont to recognise it and it seems like all the buttons work, but it seems like either the L or R button are contantly in a state of being held down (I tried playing smash bros melee and it's constantly shielding). There may be some other issues with another button or two such as A/start but I'm not completely sure, because I couldn't really navigate all the game menus properly because pressing the analog stick seems to be also causing something else to trigger.

I'm pretty sure some of the values just need changing but I have no idea what to do.
You need to run HIDTest and post the raw data so someone can help you.
Their is a seprate thread for nintendont controller configurations you should post it in.

chuuey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
why are you forcing pal60 on a ntsc game anyway? just keep it ntsc you dont gain anything from it, and some games cant be forced due to how they are coded to a diferent videomode.

either choose auto or force ntsc dont force pal srs.

If i don't force PAL60 - i get a Red Screen using NTSC because of RGB. I guess it can't be helped

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Just posting to inform that you can now make System menu channels for your favorite GC games on Wii and vWii using nintendont, just like Wii channels made with CRAP or WiiGSC
for more info and a detailed tutorial check the standalone thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-nintendont-system-menu-channels-for-wii-vwii.380025/
That would be nice but what I really wanna learn to do is custom banners, I wanna make a banned for Triforce games in general and one for Peach Castle

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not utterly stupid and rediculous. That's how the adapter was made.

You can always compile Nintendont and change the start button specifically for that adapter

And how would someone with no scripting experience (ie, me) do something like that?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how would someone with no scripting experience (ie, me) do something like that?

google how to compile devkitarm

in Nintendont source code, you need to find where it has the hardcoded bluetooth buttons. Set + to start and set - to start then compile

I'm also going to post in the mastermod thread about this and see if we can get official support for the adapter added there (we don't have official support for the adapter here, it just happened that the adapter works)

Refriger8tor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean randomizer does have a point saying that it does sort of suck that those of us whose hard drives only work in revs prior to 230, hopefully they'll fix it but it's better than nothing and will work for now. I mean I would really like Ustealth support but oh well. Also, does anyone know when Nintendont got multigame save support and how it works?

artwen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello
I want to share expirience of use nintendont. I played Star Fox Adventure on WiiU. And moment in the game, when Fox must beat the strong lightfoot. This part of game (A) button mashing. I used wii u pro controller and this is insane. I lost in the game. Used the non-writing end of a pen and rub back and forth as quickly as can and doesn't work. Than i plug ps3 controller with HID and the same result.
Two days later, i connected Wii and find GC controller. One try and the part of the game passed. I think BT and HID controllers works not like the original.
Thanks and sorry for my english

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone legitimately gotten the microphone to work with Nintendont? Because I am tearing my hair out here. It makes no difference what my settings are, Nintendont just refuses to boot when the mic is in slot B.
This is a workaround while testing Mario Party 6 and 7.
1. Boot the game while the microphone is unplugged from memory card slot 2.
2. Plug the microphone during the Nintendo copyright press start to continue black screen.
3. Unplug the microphone before doing the reset combo after playing.

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
I want to share expirience of use nintendont. I played Star Fox Adventure on WiiU. And moment in the game, when Fox must beat the strong lightfoot. This part of game (A) button mashing. I used wii u pro controller and this is insane. I lost in the game. Used the non-writing end of a pen and rub back and forth as quickly as can and doesn't work. Than i plug ps3 controller with HID and the same result.
Two days later, i connected Wii and find GC controller. One try and the part of the game passed. I think BT and HID controllers works not like the original.
Thanks and sorry for my english

hm, this sounds like the HID/bluetooth drivers might have some problems with star fox adventures. do you happen to have a save file when it happens to see if the issue can be replicated?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Step 1: download devkitpro.
Step 2: download TortoiseSVN
Step 3: use TortoiseSVN to download the source.
Step 4: run Build.bat in the folder where the downloaded source is.

But... you don't need to compile Nintendont unless you are planning to change something in the source files.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step 1: download devkitpro.
Step 2: download TortoiseSVN
Step 3: use TortoiseSVN to download the source.
Step 4: run Build.bat in the folder where the downloaded source is.

But... you don't need to compile Nintendont unless you are planning to change something in the source files.

He needs to switch minus and plus around in the source code :lol:

Shermdog17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendont Final Controller.png Nintendont Final Consol.pngNintendont Final Cube.png
Made some Homebrew icons for Nintendont if anyone is interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :P