Hacking Nintendont

misticknight1

Trophies
XP
Country
Made a topic on this but seems no one wants to answer maybe I got the wrong hint but I'm assuming since its Nintendont related to post it here. Just going to copy and paste and hope for the best, please help I want to play GC games on wii u lol :( :

I finally got everything working the way i want it on vWii (was giving me trouble installing d2x a while back). In anycase all im trying to do now is install Nintendont but it keeps hanging and saying something like "(ISI error occured)" and then a whole bunch of code or whatever on a black screen and freezes. Ive tried different SD cards, different sizes etc. not sure what to do. There's no need to install cMIOS or DIOS-MIOS anymore right?

UPDATED with screenshot of error screen: http://imgur.com/eiVaIcw

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I tried. I got 4:3 content stretched to 16:9. The issue is not caused by Wii hardware or settings, but rather HDMI adapter & TV I am using. I just wonder if Nintendont could output video in the similar manner as Wii64 does.
I hear ya, buddy, 4:3 just looks much better and more faithful, I don't get people who like to play in stretched images or progressive patch, my niece doesn't like how I run GC/Wii games because I always run them in 4:3 with black bars and she's always like "why is it not full screen?" And I try to explain ti to her but she's too dumb to understand it "she's too young but also like DeeDee from Dexter's Lab" so she just prefers stretched, I guess it's apples vs oranges.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear ya, buddy, 4:3 just looks much better and more faithful, I don't get people who like to play in stretched images or progressive patch, my niece doesn't like how I run GC/Wii games because I always run them in 4:3 with black bars and she's always like "why is it not full screen?" And I try to explain ti to her but she's too dumb to understand it "she's too young but also like DeeDee from Dexter's Lab" so she just prefers stretched, I guess it's apples vs oranges.
Yeah, that's pretty subjective.
As a kid, I've always hated the black bars around my content (that being movies, games, whatever).
I know, stretched content isn't that great either, but better than having black bars around the image.
If I was playing it on a native 4:3 TV, then sure, I'm fine with 4:3, because it won't have any black bars.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Made a topic on this but seems no one wants to answer maybe I got the wrong hint but I'm assuming since its Nintendont related to post it here. Just going to copy and paste and hope for the best, please help I want to play GC games on wii u lol :( :

I finally got everything working the way i want it on vWii (was giving me trouble installing d2x a while back). In anycase all im trying to do now is install Nintendont but it keeps hanging and saying something like "(ISI error occured)" and then a whole bunch of code or whatever on a black screen and freezes. Ive tried different SD cards, different sizes etc. not sure what to do. There's no need to install cMIOS or DIOS-MIOS anymore right?

UPDATED with screenshot of error screen: http://imgur.com/eiVaIcw
you offer little info on your issue nintendont needs no cios or anything it just needs the homebrew channel, you need to have a base ios58 homebrew channel and your wii must have the default ios58 and not a cios58 over it and you must be running nintendont latest version 391, sd card must be fat32 and not locked, up to this day i never heard of an isis error so no idea what it is.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, that's pretty subjective.
As a kid, I've always hated the black bars around my content (that being movies, games, whatever).
I know, stretched content isn't that great either, but better than having black bars around the image.
If I was playing it on a native 4:3 TV, then sure, I'm fine with 4:3, because it won't have any black bars.
As I mentioned many times before, this monitor I'm using on this PC right now has black bars, I use 4:3 screen with a flat 16:9 monitor XD

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As I mentioned many times before, this monitor I'm using on this PC right now has black bars, I use 4:3 screen with a flat 16:9 monitor XD
still is very subjective taste im preety sure if we made a pool most users prefer fullscreen over 4:3 lol. i perfer stretched to 4:3 but obviosly i played gc games in 4:2 back then becuase i had a 4:3 tv like most people, but now witha big widescreen tv i prefer to use the widescreen patch and play the games in fullscreen, even if the widescreen patch doesnt work i prefer stretched over 4:3 anyday and i bet most users here dont play in 4:3 just the purist and whatnot.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
@pedro I think it has to do with gaming preference as well, for example I prefer retro gaming myself, arcadey sidescrollers is my personal favorite so I find myself using 4:3 mode more often, try playing Megaman with widescreen, it doesn't look good at all.

Even back in the day when I got me a GBA, having skipped the first two I played most GB and GBC games on the GBA in their original ratio aspect, I always hated playing them stretched.

misticknight1

Trophies
XP
Country
you offer little info on your issue nintendont needs no cios or anything it just needs the homebrew channel, you need to have a base ios58 homebrew channel and your wii must have the default ios58 and not a cios58 over it and you must be running nintendont latest version 391, sd card must be fat32 and not locked, up to this day i never heard of an isis error so no idea what it is.

Idk what else to add I followed the guide on this forum to hack the vwii (https://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/)

Everything ran fine and works okay just Nintendont given me trouble. My sd card is not locked, it's fat32 I've tried on both a 1gb card I used to back the vwii to begin with and my 32gb sdhc card I planned on using with it. Have the latest Nintendont as far as I'm aware and just for good measure tried the one that 100% works on my old wii and that too gave me an error.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Idk what else to add I followed the guide on this forum to hack the vwii (https://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/)

Everything ran fine and works okay just Nintendont given me trouble. My sd card is not locked, it's fat32 I've tried on both a 1gb card I used to back the vwii to begin with and my 32gb sdhc card I planned on using with it. Have the latest Nintendont as far as I'm aware and just for good measure tried the one that 100% works on my old wii and that too gave me an error.
take some pictures of your screen first nintendont settings screen then your SD setup screen showing all the folder and lastly on the homebrew menu press home button and see the ios58 version on top right corner.

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda-sorta Nintendon-t related >> Ran across this article http://wiiuhax.com/tutorial-how-to-block-wii-u-firmware-updates/

Does this apply only to Wii U homebrew? Or also vWii? I'm assuming Nintendo would release a patch to fix any Wii U hacks/mods. But would they include a vWii patch? Keeping my Wii U off the Internets for a while until I know for sure. Any input is appreciated.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda-sorta Nintendon-t related >> Ran across this article http://wiiuhax.com/tutorial-how-to-block-wii-u-firmware-updates/

Does this apply only to Wii U homebrew? Or also vWii? I'm assuming Nintendo would release a patch to fix any Wii U hacks/mods. But would they include a vWii patch? Keeping my Wii U off the Internets for a while until I know for sure. Any input is appreciated.
Wii U system updates include updates for vWii mode as well; however, as of yet, Nintendo hasn't bothered to block any known exploits in the vWii system (other than Letterbomb, which was blocked with the initial release).

Disabling automatic downloads and setting TubeHax DNS is a good idea if you want to ensure the system doesn't get updated. Do note that TubeHax DNS will also block eShop downloads. (Disabling automatic downloads and standby mode will also disable the Quick Start menu.)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wii U system updates include updates for vWii mode as well; however, as of yet, Nintendo hasn't bothered to block any known exploits in the vWii system (other than Letterbomb, which was blocked with the initial release).

Disabling automatic downloads and setting TubeHax DNS is a good idea if you want to ensure the system doesn't get updated. Do note that TubeHax DNS will also block eShop downloads. (Disabling automatic downloads and standby mode will also disable the Quick Start menu.)
tubehax does not block e shop downloads lol you need tubehax and then use nnu patcher to acess e shop on a spoofed fw and then you can buy anything and it downloads just fine.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tubehax does not block e shop downloads lol you need tubehax and then use nnu patcher to acess e shop on a spoofed fw and then you can buy anything and it downloads just fine.
I haven't done any hax on my Wii U (yet), but if I have TubeHax enabled then eShop won't load. I'll check again later today.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I haven't done any hax on my Wii U (yet), but if I have TubeHax enabled then eShop won't load. I'll check again later today.
after the titles are on the download queu just hard reset your wiiu and turn it back on they will start the download them, it needs an hard reset so the wiiu takes some time before checking system update and it starts all downloads on queu after an hard reset but yeah tubehax works with eshop downloads the reason for not downloading is wiiu doesnt download until it checks for latest fw.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat @Larsenv for Nintendont problem. Everything else is fine what I did ask to Larsenv, expect one didn't work. F-Zero GX. Game crashed when 2nd intro screen for game company. My Nintendont version is 3.379.

Last edited by bradzx,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I beat @Larsenv for Nintendont problem. Everything else is fine what I did ask to Larsenv, expect one didn't work. F-Zero GX. Game crashed when 2nd intro screen for game company. My Nintendont version is 3.379.
put width to auto or zero, f zero does not like custom width values.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Already tried when Lar told me, it still not working. I check on Wiki from first page, it said version work in 3.383. So where can I get that? From first page?
i can garantee you that from 388 to 391 no game compat was messed with, so its your settings or a bad iso, is your iso a full iso with a redump confirmed md5? if so can you take a picture of your nintendont settings menu?

Last edited by pedro702,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • B
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.