Hacking Nintendont

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Keep in mind it's interlaced no more demanding than 480/576p and I doubt many 3d titles went over 30fps.

Last edited by ned,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My friend wants to know how to play games that use multiple discs like Tales of Symphonia with Nintendo?
put both isos on the same folder like any normal game the first disc named game.iso like normal but 2nd disc named disc2.iso the disc swap is automatic so no need to touch anything.

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
THIS IS THE BEST SOFTWARE EVER THANKKKKK YOU! IVE HAD IT ON MY WII SINCE DAY 1,AND NOW I HAVE IT ON MY WII U :3 you made Dios mios look like total s*** XD

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
THIS IS THE BEST SOFTWARE EVER THANKKKKK YOU! IVE HAD IT ON MY WII SINCE DAY 1,AND NOW I HAVE IT ON MY WII U :3 you made Dios mios look like total s*** XD
Hey that's not nice, Dios Mios was a beast before this came out, if only you know the amount of effort put into that project you wouldn't think very little of it, but yeah Nintendont pretty much put it out-topped it.

Last edited by sonictopfan,
Reactions: niuus

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

I would like to thank all the developers of the Nintendont. This is a great software you created!

I would like to request a feature:

- Force 4:3 aspect ratio

I am using an original Wii console with Wii to HDMI adapter, which outputs ALL Content [16:9 or 4:3] to TV in 720p or 1080p resolution. My Sony TV treats these resolutions as widescreen resolutions and doesn't provide an option for squeezing it to 4:3.
Wii64 emulator though outputs 4:3 content with black bars on the sides, so there is no issue with 4:3 content being stretched. Could such a feature be implemented in Nintendont? Unfortunately, the existing feature of screen width doesn't really work for me, as even if set to 640, the content is stretched on the TV.

I can use a hardware work around, like using component cables, but it would be great to see the described feature implemented in the Nintendont.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I would like to thank all the developers of the Nintendont. This is a great software you created!

I would like to request a feature:

- Force 4:3 aspect ratio

I am using an original Wii console with Wii to HDMI adapter, which outputs ALL Content [16:9 or 4:3] to TV in 720p or 1080p resolution. My Sony TV treats these resolutions as widescreen resolutions and doesn't provide an option for squeezing it to 4:3.
Wii64 emulator though outputs 4:3 content with black bars on the sides, so there is no issue with 4:3 content being stretched. Could such a feature be implemented in Nintendont? Unfortunately, the existing feature of screen width doesn't really work for me, as even if set to 640, the content is stretched on the TV.

I can use a hardware work around, like using component cables, but it would be great to see the described feature implemented in the Nintendont.
I know it's designed for the Wii U but did you try setting the Wii U Widescreen option on?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know it's designed for the Wii U but did you try setting the Wii U Widescreen option on?
if its on a wii that option would never do anything lol just doesnt do anything and even if it did he wants 4:3 not widescreen lol.

Nope, how would it help to display 4:3 content?
did you try going into your wii settings and forcing 4:3 on it since the display settings do have 4:3.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only I had a Wii U ;-;.
Oh well,

I give you props for the huge effort you made with this. Even though I don't use a Wii U, still it may come in handy once the Wii U goes on sale, and the NX releases :P.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If only I had a Wii U ;-;.
Oh well,

I give you props for the huge effort you made with this. Even though I don't use a Wii U, still it may come in handy once the Wii U goes on sale, and the NX releases :P.
it works on original wii too so you dont need a wiiu lol.

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if its on a wii that option would never do anything lol just doesnt do anything and even if it did he wants 4:3 not widescreen lol.

did you try going into your wii settings and forcing 4:3 on it since the display settings do have 4:3.

Yes, I tried. I got 4:3 content stretched to 16:9. The issue is not caused by Wii hardware or settings, but rather HDMI adapter & TV I am using. I just wonder if Nintendont could output video in the similar manner as Wii64 does.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, I tried. I got 4:3 content stretched to 16:9. The issue is not caused by Wii hardware or settings, but rather HDMI adapter & TV I am using. I just wonder if Nintendont could output video in the similar manner as Wii64 does.
wii64 is a full emulator that puts black boarders when it renders the graphics, nintendont doesnt emulate graphics so we cant make fake black boarders, you should get another cable or play your games in force widescreen so they show correctly.

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wii64 is a full emulator that puts black boarders when it renders the graphics, nintendont doesnt emulate graphics so we cant make fake black boarders, you should get another cable or play your games in force widescreen so they show correctly.

So, it is not possible to enable black bars for 4:3 content. Thanks for reply.

There is wii2hdmi converter with option to preserve 4:3 content. I will order it to try out if it is true.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271214394733?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1