Hacking Nintendont

misticknight1

Trophies
XP
Country
Comments like this discourage me from hacking my Wii U when I already have a perfectly hacked Mios Wii instead, I too was thinking to hack my Wii U so I can merge both consoles and save myself the trouble of having both hooked up to the TV (along with the PS3 and PS4) but now I'm glad I didn't go with it, Cyan told me if I have a fully working hacked Wii it's not recommended to hack my Wii U.

yer man dont bother honestly, i wish i can go back, kept it unhacked for so long and "ruined it" now for no reason.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yer man dont bother honestly, i wish i can go back, kept it unhacked for so long and "ruined it" now for no reason.
I hacked my Wii U in vWii mode no problem. As long as you don't do anything stupid like install Wii IOSs or Wii specific channels in the vWii you'll be fine. I used the Smash Bros. Brawl Hack to install the Homebrew Channel and can play Nintendont no problem.

The problem is there are too many guides that tell you to install or do stuff you shouldn't.

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my Wii U in vWii mode no problem. As long as you don't do anything stupid like install Wii IOSs or Wii specific channels in the vWii you'll be fine. I used the Smash Bros. Brawl Hack to install the Homebrew Channel and can play Nintendont no problem.
The problem is there are too many guides that tell you to install or do stuff you shouldn't.

Agreed. I used SmashStack to hack my vWii, too. Unless you want to install wads or take advantage of certain aspects of Wiiflow, there's no need for cIOSes.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used SmashStack to hack my Wii U as well. So if I was able to get Nintendont running before, I've got nothing to worry about, right? I installed that months (a year?) ago and haven't had any problems with it yet. (Knock on wood.)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Comments like this discourage me from hacking my Wii U when I already have a perfectly hacked Mios Wii instead, I too was thinking to hack my Wii U so I can merge both consoles and save myself the trouble of having both hooked up to the TV (along with the PS3 and PS4) but now I'm glad I didn't go with it, Cyan told me if I have a fully working hacked Wii it's not recommended to hack my Wii U.
i hacked my wiiu just fine and you know what i putted my wiiu on the box so now one less console to be hogging space under the tv, wiiu vwii its preety damn simple just dont install crap stuff and its as easy has hacking the wii, you get the wiiu and wii as a single console that works with everything the only thing you loose is gc controller acess on wiigames,VC,emulators so you need basicaly a CC to play them thats the only downside.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
i hacked my wiiu just fine and you know what i putted my wiiu on the box so now one less console to be hogging space under the tv, wiiu vwii its preety damn simple just dont install crap stuff and its as easy has hacking the wii, you get the wiiu and wii as a single console that works with everything the only thing you loose is gc controller acess on wiigames,VC,emulators so you need basicaly a CC to play them thats the only downside.
I bought three CCs a while ago just to be prepared, I hacked my Wii myself back in the day and did everything just right but I'm a bit worried I'd ruin my Wii U like he did.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I bought three CCs a while ago just to be prepared, I hacked my Wii myself back in the day and did everything just right but I'm a bit worried I'd ruin my Wii U like he did.
how is his wiiu ruinnned? if everything works except nintendont i dont consider his wiiu vwii ruinned lol, and i bet its becuase of his homebrew theme and it was confirmed by alot of people nintendont does not like homebrew channel themes and mods.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
how is his wiiu ruinnned? if everything works except nintendont i dont consider his wiiu vwii ruinned lol, and i bet its becuase of his homebrew theme and it was confirmed by alot of people nintendont does not like homebrew channel themes and mods.
That's probably the reason, I remember reports that USB Loader GX also didn't work when installing certain themes on HBC, it's not recommended, also as I reported before when I upgraded to a 2TB hard drive, the mod for Nintendont that supports custom background crashes with it but vanilla Nintendont works just fine, all my other apps work fine with my 2TB WD My Essentials HDD, it could very well be that, maybe he should try reinstalling the HBC and removing the theme might probably fix his problem.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Keep in mind, that is as absurd as saying that you don't go outside because you could die of natural reasons, a lightning, a heart attack, etc. It just makes no sense =D. Absolutely nothing bad happens because of a well done vWii mod.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Keep in mind, that is as absurd as saying that you don't go outside because you could die of natural reasons, a lightning, a heart attack, etc. It just makes no sense =D. Absolutely nothing bad happens because of a well done vWii mod.
True, but it's also like saying "I got everything I ever wanted here in my house, why should I risk camping in the desert when I can do it in my own backyard?" I got everything I want on my regular Wii and I use my Wii U for Wii U gaming, hacking it is only to save space next to the TV.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay idk what i did but its finally working. Just decided to load up this morning didn't change anything. Hopefully it always works, for now im going to continue playing ToS :)
That's good news, man, did you try re-installing the HBC or removing the theme? This maybe the reason.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
True, but it's also like saying "I got everything I ever wanted here in my house, why should I risk camping in the desert when I can do it in my own backyard?" I got everything I want on my regular Wii and I use my Wii U for Wii U gaming, hacking it is only to save space next to the TV.
That's the big point, and i only see a plus there. In my case, i moved my old Wii to my PVM in the other room, for insta-240p beauty, no need to have more than one console that does the same. Wii U is, to my liking, the unofficial most-useful-console for retro and current gen gaming.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
That's the big point, and i only see a plus there. In my case, i moved my old Wii to my PVM in the other room, for insta-240p beauty, no need to have more than one console that does the same. Wii U is, to my liking, the unofficial most-useful-console for retro and current gen gaming.
Except you will lose the ability to use GC controllers with supporting Wii and VC games, also from what I heard EmuNAND is pretty buggy on Wii U while as it works just fine on Wii.

misticknight1

Trophies
XP
Country

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's good news, man, did you try re-installing the HBC or removing the theme? This maybe the reason.

Literally did nothing different, that's what I can't understand. Not questioning it though lol.

Reactions: sonictopfan

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
One question, i cant play gamecube games on my sd card, only on usb. I was playing on a old nitendont version, now updated and stopped working.
I remember someone said that newer nitendont versions only work on usb, is that true?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
One question, i cant play gamecube games on my sd card, only on usb. I was playing on a old nitendont version, now updated and stopped working.
I remember someone said that newer nitendont versions only work on usb, is that true?
nope totaly fake lol, thats why there is a choice of SD/USb when you boot up nintendont from the homebrew channel...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to... +1