Hacking Nintendont Themes and Custom Mods

tayumpee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tested usbl-gx v1260 with /apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol on same device as /apps/nintendont/boot.dol
selecting "Nintendont" as GC loader in GX settings ... All themes worked as they should
my guess, you are using mios to launch gc games via GX since Nintendont is NOT the default GC loader

just double check guys and tell me if all works fine for you too

USB Loader GX is set to load Nintendont, not DiosMios.

I've updated from USBLGX r1256 to r1260 and the problem persists. My device file setup is identical to yours. Again, running HBC>Nintendont>Game results in the correct loading screen, but HBC>USBLGX>Game (via Nintendont) results in the stock grey cube loader screen.

Also, can you send me the Warning theme? Using the downloading tool in MasterMod gives me Error:-2 and it isn't in All_Themes.7z

Last edited by tayumpee,

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
USB Loader GX is set to load Nintendont, not DiosMios.

I've updated from USBLGX r1256 to r1260 and the problem persists. My device file setup is identical to yours. Again, running HBC>Nintendont>Game results in the correct loading screen, but HBC>USBLGX>Game (via Nintendont) results in the stock grey cube loader screen.

Also, can you send me the Warning theme? Using the downloading tool in MasterMod gives me Error:-2 and it isn't in All_Themes.7z
If you have 2 devices make sure you only have only 1 nintendont folder
Also make sure you don't have a loader.dol somewhere on your device

warning theme: http://178.33.61.6/putstorage/DownloadFileHash/18CD57D63A5A4A5QQWE2740217EWQS/discs.zip
extract to nintendont folder

Last edited by AbdallahTerro,

tayumpee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Issue has been resolved by removing loader.dol. Thank you!
the code is easy and I'm not a GX expert but it seems GX checks for loader.dol first.
glad it works for you now can you redownload the warning theme and check if all is cool
where was the loader.dol stored?

tayumpee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the code is easy and I'm not a GX expert but it seems GX checks for loader.dol first.
glad it works for you now can you redownload the warning theme and check if all is cool
where was the loader.dol stored?
Loader.dol was in apps/usbloader_gx/loader.dol as that is how it is installed. Warning theme works fine now, thanks again.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
the old nintendont mastermod aka v405- supported loader.dol in custom path, however I wanted to make a fixed path using the new fatfs to make sure all loaders will have same nintendont mastermod backgrounds and settings

If you wish to use the loader.dol in apps/usbloader_gx then rename mastermod v397 linked in previous page to loader.dol and place it there
the backgrounds should then work fine and you'll have a different setup than the one used when nintendont is launched via HBC

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
at last I found some decent stuff and updated the preview pack

RR2MYu7.jpg

Reactions: Troopage and Pepois

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Just added a workaround for mixed setups
*Now Nintendont forces the downloads to the device with "/games" folder

Update twice and test

Report any download/themes issues when using:
A. /appsNintendont/boot.dol and "games" folder both on SD
B. /appsNintendont/boot.dol and "games" folder both on USB
C. /appsNintendont/boot.dol on SD and "games" folder on USB
D. /appsNintendont/boot.dol on USB and "games" folder on SD

P.S> atm updating Nintendont will force writing a new /apps/Nintendont folder so you'll end up with two
I'll make a proper fix later and more testings myself ofc

lorecast162

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi ABZ, i have encountered some problems with the mastermod, i use the latest one and for meta.xml i use the nintendont official one on vWii on WiiU. When I change settings (Language Ita, WiiU widescreen, MCE On) when I load a game is all OK but when I exit all the settings are resetted to the defaults except themes. I think it's really annoying and hope a reply from you

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hi ABZ, i have encountered some problems with the mastermod, i use the latest one and for meta.xml i use the nintendont official one on vWii on WiiU. When I change settings (Language Ita, WiiU widescreen, MCE On) when I load a game is all OK but when I exit all the settings are resetted to the defaults except themes. I think it's really annoying and hope a reply from you
Are you launching nintendont using HBC? if so I have to check since I only use Wiiflow Mastermod to launch all my games.

PS> Wiiflow has a per-game and global settings which work perfectly fine btw.
The theme settings are not saved anywhere, the background, loader themes and font color are only used if PNG images of specific names are found in /apps/nintendont folder, if you delete all the PNG files you'll get the default theme with verbose output

PS> Also nincfg.bin the file used to save the Nintendont settings is used for all games and is always rewritten if you use a USB loader (without argument support) which is another reason to use the USB Loader per-game setting

derpness334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got themes to work I just had to go into SD and download from there.i wish you can just download when in USB and hav3 the themes save in SD.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Well I got themes to work I just had to go into SD and download from there.i wish you can just download when in USB and hav3 the themes save in SD.
that's why I said that the FatFS is messing up when multiple devices are used
If you use SD only or USB only then you're fine though
So it's best for now if the nintendont dol is on the SD card when you use mixed setup with games on USB

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
that's why I said that the FatFS is messing up when multiple devices are used
If you use SD only or USB only then you're fine though
So it's best for now if the nintendont dol is on the SD card when you use mixed setup with games on USB
Is there a way to have updated Nintendont w/o the new FatFS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one