Hacking Nintendont Themes and Custom Mods

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
still 403 because of private things that happened. I worked the last two days on the mod again. For now it seems like everythings working excect reading the color from a file. It always gets green. I try fixing this today. Even if this won't get fixed I'll upload the update today. All of you waited long enough.

Do you wish the website to be updated or is it still fine?

EDiT: Think i fixed it. Testing everything and uploading later :)

Last edited by send0r,
Reactions: Gomza

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Just updated the mod again:
Changing the text colour by using textcolor.ini is working now like before. Just place an hexadecimal RGBA value into this file and Nintendont changes the colour like you wish (for example: 0000FFFF is blue). This means your old textcolor.ini files are compatible like in the past :)

I also decided to not enable the "algorithm" to detect how bright your background colour is. This peace of code would need patches with every update of Nintendont and was not very accurate, so not worth anymore as your have a better "effect" using the textcolor.ini-method ;)

Last edited by send0r,

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Just updated the mod again:
Changing the text colour by using textcolor.ini is working now like before. Just place an hexadecimal RGBA value into this file and Nintendont changes the colour like you wish (for example: 0000FFFF is blue). This means your old textcolor.ini files are compatible like in the past :)

I also decided to not enable the "algorithm" to detect how bright your background colour is. This peace of code would need patches with every update of Nintendont and was not very accurate, so not worth anymore as your have a better "effect" using the textcolor.ini-method ;)
what was the problem then?

Reactions: send0r

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
what was the problem then?
Do you mean the algorithm for detecting how bright the picture is?
The end result changes with the size of boot.dol. If boot.dol is larger then the result is for example 165 for a specific picture. For the same one with a smaller boot.dol the result is 113.
This method was used when no textcolor.ini was found so that you always see text on your screen even with a dark background...

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Do you mean the algorithm for detecting how bright the picture is?
The end result changes with the size of boot.dol. If boot.dol is larger then the result is for example 165 for a specific picture. For the same one with a smaller boot.dol the result is 113.
This method was used when no textcolor.ini was found so that you always see text on your screen even with a dark background...
I mean
"Everything is working except changing the text colour"
became
"Changing the text colour by using textcolor.ini is working now"
What was wrong with the code?

Reactions: send0r

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
I mean
"Everything is working except changing the text colour"
became
"Changing the text colour by using textcolor.ini is working now"
What was wrong with the code?
Ah ok
I have the unsigned integer text_color. I read the data from textcolor.ini directly to text_color. There was my logical failure.
Unsigned int is of length four bytes. Because of this, fatFS only read four bytes of the file.
Now I read the data to a char[8] and "convert" them to unsigned int for text_color using strtoul ;)

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

Edu64

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hi! one question:
i tried with the last version in other folder created for me "nintendont_mod" and occurs a code dump...is possible have the app in another folder?
Note: I have a previous nintendont in the "nintendont" folder
thanks! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E