Nintendo Playstation Prototype from earlier this year confirmed working

A few months ago, a father and son discovered an odd console; the Nintendo Playstation, which harkens back to the failed collaboration between Sony and Nintendo. Now, this prototype system has been confirmed to indeed be real and functioning! The two owners took their console to the Retro HK Expo, and used it to play Street Fighter. The Nintendo Playstation boots up with a unique bios screen, but the CD drive is confirmed to not work.

:arrow: Source

[EDIT: Credit to Chary for editing and formatting my turd of a post, making it look at thousand times better. Thanks!]

Last edited by ric.,

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't impractical, it was what developers wanted. They had been chafing at cartridge size limitations since the beginning of the Super NES era, and as it wore on the exorbitant cost and extreme space limitations of cartridge media became harder and harder to justify. Some companies like Tri Ace came up with ingenious compression algorithms to fit the games into such limited space, but other companies just threw their hands up and cut out content. The latter is what happened to Seiken Densetsu 2.
There's a reason why companies jumped on the PlayStation instead of the more powerful Nintendo 64.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: