Nintendo has worked on a platform-agnostic and adaptive controller, according to Reggie Fils-Aimé

fils aime nintendo.JPG

In a recent interview with Inverse, Nintendo of America's former president, Reggie Fils-Aimé shared details about a project from the house of Mario that we have yet to see materialise: a platform-agnostic, adaptive controller. In the interview, Fils-Aimé said that the project was being worked on back in 2019 as he was preparing his retirement and was part of a larger, industry-wide initiative. The latter considered the Xbox Adaptive Controller, announced in 2018, as “as a jumping-off point to create something that would be platform-agnostic and adaptable by any consumer”.

“Imagine an adaptive controller that you could play with your latest Xbox, PlayStation, or Nintendo platform. That's what we were working on three years ago,” Nintendo of America's former president detailed in the interview.

However, Fils-Aimé isn't sure if this effort is still being worked on or not. “But also, my hope is that controller — and the ability for that controller to connect with all of the various systems — is launched and shared with consumers as quickly as possible,” he added. “I do believe the best solution is an industry solution that can work for all of the dedicated gaming platforms and for PC, and can truly be tailored to the player depending on their physical capabilities and what they can do.”

You can read the full interview with Reggie Fils-Aimé in the source link below where he shares his hopes and vision for the future of the gaming industry.

:arrow: SOURCE

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How come every controller made by Nintendo since the Switch era started suffers from drift? Well save for the re-released Gamecube controllers.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How come every controller made by Nintendo since the Switch era started suffers from drift? Well save for the re-released Gamecube controllers.

Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for but:

"What causes most controllers' sticks to drift is semi-conductive paint wearing off the inside of potentiometers that are used to encode the X-Y movement of the joystick. N64 controllers don't use potentiometers. They encode stick movement using beams of light and a corresponding sensor."

I'm not sure if the new re-released N64 controllers use the potentiometers or not. I suspect the main reason Nintendo switched to using them is because they are cheaper in cost, and didn't foresee them being cheaper in quality biting them back.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dub thee "The Artist Formerly Known as 4chan".

In all sincerity though, if you want a chance, you are going to have to quit the poppers.
Idk, most of these replies are moreso out of pity because yours happen to be really boring and uncreative. I figure I'd spice up the thread a bit more at your emotional expense :^)

Reactions: tabzer

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 323629
I've figured it out I've caught the culprit

In all seriousness though, games are meant to be fun, if letting people make it easy will let people have more fun, hell yeah bro options are cool as hell. There's no rational reason to call for those options to be limited just because you don't like it when people have an easier time than you.

Honestly, thinking about it in relation to thread topic, how much easier could an accessibility controller possibly make a game? It's basically the same buttons, just in different spots to make it easier for some people to use them. Should people have to only play with the OEM controller or something? What about PC gamers with keyboard and mouse? Would that make a game too easy?
Aren't Nintendo games already baby level easy?

What seriously needs to be done is to add more difficulty levels to games. It's really stupid for a 7 year old and 45 year old to play a video game with same difficulty. The 45 year old already played multiple generation games and besides just a new game definitely wants a challenge for his game experience level, not just a breeze around new graphics levels.

BUT here's the problem (this problem is with everything today, EVERYTHING!)

It's called politics, it's in everything today, fabricated, fake, political correctness. Majority of gamers today are casuals and due to casuals ALL the rest of us have to bend over and adopt to them...

Because casuals get easily upset, frustrated, quit the game, go online, give negative game reviews and that hurts the business SO we make games easy for everyone. Don't break a sweat, don't get your brain working, don't get stuck, frustrated etc. Nope, nopes, it's all smooth sailing, what more lots of games today almost play on their own, cutscsene after cutscsene, after cutscene, who wouldn't want to play that? ^_^

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i turn on accessibility "baby mode" for these flame wars
Yes, for the low price of $1.99 or if you buy the Babby Mode NFT all posts in this thread will turn into extremely dry and impossible to comprehend debates about the validity and immaturity of solipisim as a philosophy relative to the nature of the universe.

Reactions: CeeDee

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't Nintendo games already baby level easy?

What seriously needs to be done is to add more difficulty levels to games. It's really stupid for a 7 year old and 45 year old to play a video game with same difficulty. The 45 year old already played multiple generation games and besides just a new game definitely wants a challenge for his game experience level, not just a breeze around new graphics levels.

BUT here's the problem (this problem is with everything today, EVERYTHING!)

It's called politics, it's in everything today, fabricated, fake, political correctness. Majority of gamers today are casuals and due to casuals ALL the rest of us have to bend over and adopt to them...

Because casuals get easily upset, frustrated, quit the game, go online, give negative game reviews and that hurts the business SO we make games easy for everyone. Don't break a sweat, don't get your brain working, don't get stuck, frustrated etc. Nope, nopes, it's all smooth sailing, what more lots of games today almost play on their own, cutscsene after cutscsene, after cutscene, who wouldn't want to play that? ^_^
I cannot believe a grown adult deadass tried to tie politics to video game difficulty. Touch some grass.

Reactions: nxwing

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PC has consistently been bad for videogames for over a decade.

Every horrible anti consumer practice originated directly from PC.

Paid mods
DLC
Microtransactions
Early access unfinished games
"Skins"
Loot boxes

The list goes on.
How about

Monthly paywalls just to play online.
No cross-play even though it's braindead easy to implement.
Specific controllers that only work on 1 platform.
Can't use 3rd party bluetooth headsets.
Console-specific content (Soul Calibur II started it all).
Console manufacturers paying developers to release FIRST on their platform despite all ports being done.
No ability to mod whatsoever unless you hack your console.
Shitty third-party support (no discord, still no netflix for Switch, no browser on PS5).
Overpriced 70$ games with very little discounts.
Streaming games from older generations rather than emulating.
No ability to upgrade the hardware of the system; forced to buy the newest console to play every time.
Region locks because god forbid you sourced your games a little cheaper.

I too could go on and on about shitty practices.

Reactions: LainaGabranth

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he says, complaining constantly about something that doesn't exist 💀
dude be trying to politcalize video games difficulty, he be stupid as hell
You don't get it. The lizard people in the gubberment want to take our rights to use controllers with analog sticks away. They're going to turn our epic masculine giga dick video games into a viewmaster toy for babies. Literally 1984.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't get it. The lizard people in the gubberment want to take our rights to use controllers with analog sticks away. They're going to turn our epic masculine giga dick video games into a viewmaster toy for babies. Literally 1984.
If someone else has an easy time in video games, it makes my hard time worthless!!!!

(This is what ableists actually believe)

• Haha
Reactions: nxwing and CeeDee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7