I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
F*ck
0206_eapxn.gif

Yeah ..3DS for kids, ok
...But this design ...I ...just ...can't...

Reactions: MushGuy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know, the 3DS itself is tiny and it has an advanced version of the menu the DSi has, plus the ability to play games directly from the SD card.

Yep, I'm not really saying that i'm expecting to make one, but Nintendo is being silly. I don't know what else we have to expect in advancery (if that's even a word) if a 3DSi.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Developers could easily say "fuck you" to Nintendo as well.
I'm pretty sure Nintendo could make it a requirement. It wouldn't be as simple as "fuck you, we're doing it anyway" on the developers' end. How could it? It's Nintendo's console: The devs follow their rules, or they don't make a game for it. Plain and simple. And I guarantee you a developer isn't going to walk away from the current best-selling handheld based on such a trifle requirement. Even if Nintendo didn't make it a requirement, it wouldn't be in the developers' best interests to make a game only compatible with a smaller fraction of 3DSes.

In the end, I don't think Nintendo needs to bother with a second analog model this far into the system's lifespan, nice as it would be. But saying that creating a revision with a second analog would actually hurt the install base, when the only conceivable issue is easily dealt with, is a bit silly in my opinion.

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: WhiteMaze

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Nintendo could make it a requirement. It wouldn't be as simple as "fuck you, we're doing it anyway" on the developers' end. How could it? It's Nintendo's console: The devs follow their rules, or they don't make a game for it. Plain and simple. And I guarantee you a developer isn't going to walk away from the current best-selling handheld based on such a trifle requirement. Even if Nintendo didn't make it a requirement, it wouldn't be in the developers' best interests to make a game only compatible with a smaller fraction of 3DSes.

None of this applies because the Wii U is a dieing breed. Nintendo NEEDS 3rd party support so they will stfu and do as they're told or Wii U and the 3DS gets weaker (albeit it wont be really noticable) gets a funeral.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy