SpotPass Archival Project announced

nintendo spotpass.png

With Nintendo ceasing online communication for Nintendo 3DS, 2DS and Wii U systems next month, SpotPass data distribution will be halted. This will in turn affect games that use SpotPass features such as Mario Kart 7 and some Pokémon games. In order to enable such features to persist even after official support ends, the SpotPass Archival Project was launched. It allows owners of 3DS, 2DS and Wii U consoles to contribute their SpotPass data for archival purposes to assist network revival services in preserving SpotPass content.

The project page notes that when collected, database dumps are anonymized before being sent to network revival services to allow SpotPass features to be replicated later. It further notes that "in the interest of promoting a fair and open ecosystem, this project is not owned by any one network revival service". You can learn more about the SpotPass Archival Project in the source link below.

Thanks to @MaxiBash for the tip!

:arrow:SpotPass Archival Project link

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I do not know how many data I have in my NAND, but I just uploaded both my Day One Nintendo 3DS and my Pokéball Nintendo 2DS data
Hope they are somewhat useful!

Number 2092 and 2093!

Orbots

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sent! SpotPass was very cool back in the days. Used it for years so no idea what's still cached.
the main game that had a huge ammount of features locked behind spotpass was fire emblem awakening

spotpass added free dlc characters from ALL previous fire emblem games such as lyn eliwood ephraim ike marth tiki

spotpass tiki was the ONLY way you could obtain an aditional dragon manakete in your team

gotchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please let us know when further data is able to be collected! I've dumped my 3DS spotpass, but auto-upload failed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste