Real online multiplayer is coming to Citra Emulator

1698846066409.png

The Nintendo 3DS Citra Emulator is getting real online functionality support a few months away of Nintendo shutting down online services for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U consoles. While this feature is still not available in CItra Nightly or Canary due to the developer team consulting with lawyers the legality of providing this kind of functionality, a fork has been made publicly available which allows connecing to Nintendo Network. Among other things, the following features are implemented:
  • Managing friends, which includes getting a friend code that can be shared with real 3DS users.​
  • Playing online in most games that support it, including with real 3DS users.​
However, keep in mind that some features such as NNID settings or miiverse are not available. Support for alternative networks such as Pretendo Network is claimed to be added in the future. Installation instructions are provided in the fork's release page.

:arrow: Release page
:arrow: Video showcasing Mario Kart 7 going online.

CooingMaxito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm not following much of the 3ds emulation scene, but it will probably take a while before they figure out how to make it work (assuming the original code for online play wasn't scrapped), and then actually implement it in a release.

As Fyrus said, it's probably still possible, let's hope for the best

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not following much of the 3ds emulation scene, but it will probably take a while before they figure out how to make it work (assuming the original code for online play wasn't scrapped), and then actually implement it in a release.

As Fyrus said, it's probably still possible, let's hope for the best
The code worked as intended but triggered a ban.

Reactions: CooingMaxito

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto