• Views 70,458
  • Replies 658
  • Likes 4

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know, I don't particularly miss a second analog stick, but I admit that they had a golden chance with the 3DS XL and now the 2DS to incorporate one, then maybe more publishers would take the optional advantage of it.
I mean there is plenty of room now, and the competition ( well, not really competing here ) has 2 analogs, so yeah, why not do it ?

Reactions: WhiteMaze

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know, I don't particularly miss a second analog stick, but I admit that they had a golden chance with the 3DS XL and now the 2DS to incorporate one, then maybe more publishers would take the optional advantage of it.
I mean there is plenty of room now, and the competition ( well, not really competing here ) has 2 analogs, so yeah, why not do it ?

I still don't think there was ever a chance of having a second analog stick on the 2DS. On the XL, there was an opportunity.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why would you want that? Then you'd must use fingers instead of pen which means it's far from accurate and it's impossible to play something like Trauma Center, price would also go up and this is also why I hate capasitive smart phones as pen would be ideal for some titles.

Why 22 pages of hate for console version targeted for under 7 years old players? At least my console had PEGI 7 rating on top of it. Even if this is funny as shit I would just ignore it completely.
There are pens for that. And I love multi touch screens.that's totally your opinion. Sure it wouldn't be ideal to make it a capacitive touch screen for it, but I'm hoping that the next Nintendo handheld totally will have one.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because developers would make games that almost need it, forcing people who own the original 3DS to get either an XL or a CPP.

Oshae93

Laying Down The Law
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clam shell tends to mess up on older ds's, but this thing is ugly. Looks like a ramp for a mario kart game

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Because developers would make games that almost need it, forcing people who own the original 3DS to get either an XL or a CPP.
Well that's why I wrote " then maybe more publishers would take the optional advantage of it. " .
But yeah, I get your point.
I still don't think there was ever a chance of having a second analog stick on the 2DS. On the XL, there was an opportunity.
Well they removed the right speaker, so there is clearly more room to spare, also the handheld seem to be quite thicker toward the top, with a well thought button rearrangement, it would definitely be possible.

ShadowSora13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The idea of a cheap 3ds without the 3d sounds good to me, i personally never use 3d, only once in a while to see how the game looks then turn it off.
THOUGH this design is so ugly that will replace the headaches people had from 3d(some people) with it's ugliness.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once people figure out it isn't 3D and isn't clam shell (can't fold up), I imagine you'll start seeing these being used as door wedges. After all, it has the same shape just a bit wider. That is pretty much all it is good for.

If they discontinue the smaller 3DS with this in place they have a screw loose.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah it's that, thanks for finding it :)

I've just thought of something, surely Nintendo must already be starting to come up with concepts for the 9th generation of handhelds, what if the idea is to to have a big portrait screen?
And the 2DS is an experiment that can benefit them.

^This. Maybe the next generations of Nintendo Handelds will be compatible with android games and other stuff, like improved graphics and full 3D screen, and of course, the traditional backwards compatibility.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just as I thought, half of the site is having a hissy fit over a device not even aimed at them.

This is actually rather ingenious and it will sell shitloads this holiday season, mark my words. Best decision they've made in awhile.
Well I sure hope it does well. The pricing is pretty sharp I must say....

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't be stupid. At this point in time, it's already too late to add a second analog to the 3DS without splitting up the install base. Next gen handheld? Sure. But now? Absolutely not, worst idea ever.
Nintendo could easily make it mandatory for developers to include single stick control options in every game. That would solve the problem right there. It's not particularly hard to do either, as games like Resident Evil: Revelations prove.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Its probably already been mentioned but that video in the OP used to have comments enabled and also it showed the like/dislike bar. Neither of which are on now and its hosted on their own channel. The truth hurts eh Nintendo?

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree about the pricing $130 can get you an actual 3DS these days new and maybe even with a game included with the offer. This model apparantly will be cheaper to produce (takes less time, cheaper screens, probably cheaped out on everything else inside too). This should be $79.99. I still wouldn't buy it and probably wouldn't take it if someone gave it to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1