• Start date
  • Views 69,632
  • Replies 658
  • Likes 4

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you've missed the last several pages of discussion. There is a sleep toggle on the system.

That won't help with Another Code/Trace Memory as it does not rely on sleep mode but rather partially closing the system and looking at the reflected image of one screen on the other. That leaves either using a guide or brute force to find it.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
That won't help with Another Code/Trace Memory as it does not rely on sleep mode but rather partially closing the system and looking at the reflected image of one screen on the other. That leaves either using a guide or brute force to find it.

Sorry, didn't know that much.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if they will be discontinuing the original 3DS since they seem to like only having two versions out at a time.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder if they will be discontinuing the original 3DS since they seem to like only having two versions out at a time.
I honestly doubt it. Personally, I see the original 3DS as the main product, with the XL as an alternative and the 2DS as the other alternative for a slightly different target group.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I am planning on getting a 2DS, the DSi and the 3DS will be the only models I have skipped. (admittedly I didn't get a DS phat until about 2 years ago, I figured it would be sturdier than the DS lite which I had 3 get broken by kids).

I thought the DSi was lame. Hated the loss of GBA compatibilty, hated the stylus, and adding a crappy camera seemed like a really dumb idea.
I got a DSi XL for bigger screens and better battery life (better sylus placement too) and it confirmed the DSi features were pretty pointless. The DSi downloadable stuff seems pretty worthless (but supporting SD cards is awesome). I do love the DSiXL though, I enjoy playing DS games on it the most out of any DS system.

I have several gripes with the original 3DS design. The 3DS XL is awesome sauce except for the volume levels.

I think the 2DS looks good. The mono speaker doesn't bother me because it can't be any worse than the 3DS and 3DS XL speakers...at least I don't think so. Not being a clam shell I also find appealing. I enjoy the 3D sometimes but I am the only one in my family who does so the kids won't miss it at all. Improved sylus, battery life, and comes with more memory than a 3DS too.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
As long as the shoulder buttons are better, I'm happy.
The DS Lite had these really nice shoulder buttons that covered the whole shoulder. With the DSi, they got rid of these for these strange thinner buttons which aren't nearly as comfortable.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378340300.003175.jpg

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I was watching a 2DS unboxing and the dude on the video said that it has the ''latest firmware'' aka the firmware on which came the new Mii Plaza Games
And that's 6.1.0-12.

Just wanted to say so people knew that they can't use gateway on it.

9b8dd2f6ab.jpg
That picture makes it look rather smaller than I expected.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They totally should have called this the No3D3DS.

It is so much clearer to consumers than this confusing 2DS name.

rcazador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey guys is this an indication that the 3ds platform will live one for another couple of years or will they kill it off in 2014 with a major update?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys is this an indication that the 3ds platform will live one for another couple of years or will they kill it off in 2014 with a major update?
It means the 2DS is just a simple hardware revision aimed at kids whose parents don't want them to be browsing the internet or hurting their eyes with the 3D.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello