Nintendo Announces Super NES Classic Edition

SNES_Mini_Box.jpg
H2x1_NintendoClassicMiniSNES_image912w.jpg

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo’s follow-up console to the legendary Nintendo Entertainment System, launched in 1991 and introduced what many consider some of the greatest video games of all time – classics such as Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario Kart, Super Metroid and F-ZERO.

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo's follow-up console to the legendary Nintendo Entertainment System, launched in 1991 and introduced what many consider some of the greatest video games of all time. (Photo: Business Wire)

On Sept. 29, this beloved console is coming back to stores in the form of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition. The mini system, which contains 21 pre-installed classic games and can easily be plugged into any high-definition TV using the included HDMI cable, will be available at a suggested retail price of $79.99. And for the first time, players who pick up the system can enjoy the intergalactic adventure Star Fox 2, the sequel to the original Star Fox game that was created during the Super NES era but never released … anywhere!

“While many people from around the world consider the Super NES to be one of the greatest video game systems ever made, many of our younger fans never had a chance to play it,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “With the Super NES Classic Edition, new fans will be introduced to some of the best Nintendo games of all time, while longtime fans can relive some of their favorite retro classics with family and friends.”

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition has the same look and feel of the original system – only smaller – and comes pre-loaded with 21 incredible games:

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
    • Donkey Kong Country
    • EarthBound
    • Final Fantasy III
    • F-ZERO
    • Kirby Super Star
    • Kirby’s Dream Course
    • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    • Mega Man® X
    • Secret of Mana
    • Star Fox
    • Star Fox 2
    • Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
    • Super Castlevania IV
    • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
    • Super Mario Kart
    • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
    • Super Mario World
    • Super Metroid
    • Super Punch-Out!!
    • Yoshi’s Island
All of these games would be considered classics by anyone’s standards, and some of them in particular – Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy III, EarthBound and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars – are massive role-playing games that can take dozens of hours to complete. Even for super fans who have played all of these games multiple times, the inclusion of the never-before-released Star Fox 2 game will offer them something entirely new to enjoy – if they can unlock it by proving their skills in the original Star Fox game. (Well, they only have to complete the first level – we didn’t want to make it too hard!)

Included with the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition are one HDMI cable, one USB charging cable with AC adapter and two wired Super NES Classic Controllers, perfect for playing multiplayer games. Having two controllers will make it easy for two players to dive into multiplayer action right away. Some of the games with multiplayer options include Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting, Super Mario Kart, Contra III: The Alien Wars and Secret of Mana.

*Note that an AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging.

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition launches on Sept. 29 at a suggested retail price of $79.99.

:arrow:Super Nes Classic Official Site

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've pre-ordered from GAME but want to get it from Amazon instead as I don't trust GAME too much.

This is the Amazon UK link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-S...3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1498498060&sr=1-13

Which you can't even preorder from yet, it's a placeholder. Who knows when we can actually reserve ours, or if Nintendo didn't f*ck it up by limiting quantities.

DOn't forget Super Mario RPG as well, I know there are heavy licensing issues due to Enix's characters as well.

It was on the VC though, but that game uses the SA-1, like Kirby's Super Star and Dream Land 3.

Only a few games used the SuperFX and Super FX-2 chip.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

NES Classic: £59.99
NES Classic Controller: £7.99

SNES Classic w/2 controllers: £79.99

Only an increase of £12.01 so it's not that bad.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still hold my ground, that nintendo will sale digital bundles of the nes classic games and the snes classic games for a limited time on the switch at 60 each. Then start selling their games individually at a increased price. Say 5 dollars a pop.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by the_randomizer,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still hold my ground, that nintendo will sale digital bundles of the nes classic games and the snes classic games for a limited time on the switch at 60 each. Then start selling their games individually at a increased price. Say 5 dollars a pop.

But not until right before the switch shortages are over. They wouldn't want 99% of switch owners buying the bundles.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Aha! Preordered on Amazon UK using my US account, good! I'll at least be able to get the EU version, which I hope runs at 60 Hz/FPS XD
nowadays that isn't an issue, only old analog tvs got that hz thing...
specially with hdmi..
i never had problems with ntsc here with current systems..
the only issue i had was back in the playstation 2 era with composite cables... got myself an rgb cable and solved that problem

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the uk amazon preorder is up now, go go go

Way ahead of ya, glad they're willing to ship outside of the UK this time.

nowadays that isn't an issue, only old analog tvs got that hz thing...
specially with hdmi..
i never had problems with ntsc here with current systems..
the only issue i had was back in the playstation 2 era with composite cables... got myself an rgb cable and solved that problem

Even though it's the EU version? I thought EU Snes games weren't optimized to run at their proper speed. Granted, the NES EU Classic based them off the NA ROMs.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, let me know when murica pre-orders are up. That'll probably take a month though before they open them and will last for two minutes on amazon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...