What do you think about this "hack"?

• Total voters

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The browser is powerful enough to run html5 video nintendo just took out the support of it because the 3ds has to share the ram with a possibly running game or app and the home menu. If the browser was made into an app then there would be enough resources to play video.
Yes, and this is why this version of the web browser is bare bones. You might have seen me explain this in some other post a while back. I just didn't feel ike typing another giant post again... :/

AudibleAdvent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will the 3DS hack use the SD card slot? If so, then I might as well stock up on 32GB microsd's while they're still cheap.

What's the probability of the hack using the SD card slot? I doubt Neimod will make a flashcard for it, especially since he doesn't want anybody profiting off of it.

I'm just speculating is all. I don't need a concrete answer, but an educated guess would be much appreciated!

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Will the 3DS hack use the SD card slot? If so, then I might as well stock up on 32GB microsd's while they're still cheap.

What's the probability of the hack using the SD card slot? I doubt Neimod will make a flashcard for it, especially since he doesn't want anybody profiting off of it.

I'm just speculating is all. I don't need a concrete answer, but an educated guess would be much appreciated!
The hackers told us that tey're using the SD card but you'll need a retail game, too.

Reactions: AudibleAdvent

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i know i may be yelled or something else but if you want homebrew so bad why not use the free app that enables you to write your own freaking homebrew thats already available on the eshop its called petit computer and its pretty damn cool. And better yet if we all started using it alo maybe nintendo might wanna release a better app for doing so. Now i know cracking the 3ds will mena you can do anythign u want which is pretty cool i mean i myself would love to have a custom like firmware made by people and see all the stuff it can do, but right now u have a perfect app that lets u creat ur own games and apps all for 8 bucks.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So do we know which retail game it is yet? So I can go buy it and haz fun

It better be a good game
No. The name of the game will not be released until the exploit is released, or very shortly before that (although there is no point in releasing the name before the exploit in this case).

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
The browser is powerful enough to run html5 video nintendo just took out the support of it because the 3ds has to share the ram with a possibly running game or app and the home menu. If the browser was made into an app then there would be enough resources to play video.

Exactly this^ The browser isnt under powered solely because of the 3DS hardware, its weak so that it enables it to run simultaneously with a running application, depends what the user prefers; a system application or a fully blown application that forces the user to exit out of the running program.

CropUpAnywhere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to say, $2000 just to use a SEM is extortion, I'm sure I could pop into the lab at uni and do that for free if I had a spare 3DS waiting to get taken apart. I may even be using one for my project this year. I feel like they should look for a better quote or something.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly this^ The browser isnt under powered solely because of the 3DS hardware, its weak so that it enables it to run simultaneously with a running application, depends what the user prefers; a system application or a fully blown application that forces the user to exit out of the running program.
Did you even read the post? I am saying the browser is under powered because nintendo made the browser multitasking app instead of making it into a dedicated internet browser app.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have to say, $2000 just to use a SEM is extortion, I'm sure I could pop into the lab at uni and do that for free if I had a spare 3DS waiting to get taken apart. I may even be using one for my project this year. I feel like they should look for a better quote or something.
As I understand it, there is more to it than simply using a SEM. The actual "decapping" process isn't taking the images with the SEM, it's preparing the chip for that to happen. The labs doing decapping include the SEM images in the price, but the price is for the whole process, not just the imaging.

CropUpAnywhere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As I understand it, there is more to it than simply using a SEM. The actual "decapping" process isn't taking the images with the SEM, it's preparing the chip for that to happen. The labs doing decapping include the SEM images in the price, but the price is for the whole process, not just the imaging.

Thanks for clearing that up.

sf1215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is everybody chatting on in the first post. What service is that?

Also, once we find out which game it is, how exactly does an exploit work, do we need a computer or just the 3ds itself?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5