What do you think about this "hack"?

• Total voters

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As you have already been told, this is not true. Stop spreading misinformation. yellows8 has confirmed it works on the eShop version. It requires you to have already run code on your 3DS to dump your console-specific movable.sed (meaning it is useless for most users), but it does work.

Yet another example of how you don't really know what you're talking about. (As well as the above quote).
It's funny but I feel like you should take over this thread and fill this with info considering you are practically knowledgeable about the 3DS.

DannyDeLonge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am happy it is getting hacked, but it will lead to piracy, I feel the piracy will kill the 3DS market in the west, at least from smaller developers which is most of the western market these days.

Sorry but wrong thread, you maybe want to use the "Will piracy kill the 3DS"-Thread insted ?

Please stay on Topic. If you have an useful question or background knowlege on hacking based stuff , feel free to share your thoughts.

Back to Topic everyone!

Reactions: Supez and pelago

m45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am happy it is getting hacked, but it will lead to piracy, I feel the piracy will kill the 3DS market in the west, at least from smaller developers which is most of the western market these days.

Nice point of view, sony pay to hack 3DS...ROTFL

D

Deleted User

OP
Yep, they're all secrets about it but I will bet 3D Land is AT LEAST one of the 66 vulnerable ones, and it's only a matter of time.
3D Land was literally the first game yellow8 confirmed as not vulnerable in our conversation...lol.

D

Deleted User

OP
arm9 controls AES/RSA?

MAKE MY BROWSER FASTER NOW (O.O) lol kidding thats hardware.
Thqt can be done via a homebrew browser. Nintendo's browser doesnt exactly use the system that efficiently.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo's browser doesnt exactly use the system that efficiently.
And you know this how? I have never seen any detailed analysis of the the 3DS browser to indicate how efficiently or otherwise it use the available resources. I don't see any reason Nintendo would release anything other than a browser that is (close to) as good as possible given the hardware.

D

Deleted User

OP
It
Hellooooo? RAM? Okiwi DS? Remember that? Add a new RAM chip and talk to me later.
It has 128mb of ram. Thats more than enough. But since the browser is a multi task iitem, its only allowed to used one core from the processor and a certain ammount of ram so that you can run the game at the same time. If the browser was a homebrew like a normal app, then it could use 2 cores and 128mb minus the system reserved ram. Okiwi was on the old ds qnd wasnt even usable with the dsi specs so bleh.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
And you know this how? I have never seen any detailed analysis of the the 3DS browser to indicate how efficiently or otherwise it use the available resources. I don't see any reason Nintendo would release anything other than a browser that is (close to) as good as possible given the hardware.
Because Nintendo Never makes the Browser to perfection

D

Deleted User

OP
Also, it has been proven that the 3ds browser can run html5 videos at the very least but nintendo purposely didnt do it, so there you go. Not perfection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021