Hacking News: New Stargate 3DS flashcart

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't from Gateway. This is supposed to be the successor to the Sky3DS.
No, I meant people who are on the Gateway side, like, in this thread.

I already know that it's just the same sales team behind both carts.

In other news,
image.jpeg

garyopa back with the lies

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

In other news,
View attachment 96385
Actually, would pretty good if GW goes open-source, that means you can use your dusted GW cart/clone on pretty much any CFW.

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In other news,
View attachment 96385

I don't see why gateway would still continue supporting their old gateway cart when they released a new cart.
1. Harder to keep developement and support for 2 carts
2. if the intended to support the old cart than why release a new cart? is the old cart on it's legs with lack of hardware power?
3. If they release an update for the Gateway 3DS it will probbaly be the last update as they will try and move people to the new cart to generate some sales

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check my profile in 2 months of activate here and see if im still from gateway?
hahahahahaha, It says you joined today. You're just proving my point more. It is not unusual for a company to have shills. Just look at amazon reviews.

Last edited by Plstic,

Trumpasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's cool people are offering this as an option, but I hope noobs aren't suckered in thinking they need this. At all.
There's literally no point. They could just go with a $10-$12 R4 and install Luma. IMO, you still need a flash cart if you want to play DS games with any reasonable performance. As much as I appreciate the developers for the work they've done on TWLoader, it's still nowhere near a pleasant experience. So flashcarts still are a great thing, but ONLY for a cheap one to play DS.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why gateway would still continue supporting their old gateway cart when they released a new cart.
1. Harder to keep developement and support for 2 carts
2. if the intended to support the old cart than why release a new cart? is the old cart on it's legs with lack of hardware power?
3. If they release an update for the Gateway 3DS it will probbaly be the last update as they will try and move people to the new cart to generate some sales
Sales team, not developers.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think it's cool people are offering this as an option, but I hope noobs aren't suckered in thinking they need this. At all.
There's literally no point. They could just go with a $10-$12 R4 and install Luma. IMO, you still need a flash cart if you want to play DS games with any reasonable performance. As much as I appreciate the developers for the work they've done on TWLoader, it's still nowhere near a pleasant experience. So flashcarts still are a great thing, but ONLY for a cheap one to play DS.
It's not TWLoader, it's nds-bootstrap which is getting a lot of improvements nowdays, you can play now all 4gen Pokémon games with almost no lag.
Also NDMA is coming :)

Reactions: some1ne

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Sales team, not developers.
As a dev, trust me. You don't change your base if many people use your software. You stuck with support the old version for a little longer.

I would buy it, if i hadn't already a Gateway card.
Welp, can only hope they will just make small updates so newer fw will be supported~

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, would pretty good if GW goes open-source, that means you can use your dusted GW cart/clone on pretty much any CFW.
Sure it'd be nice for them to have gone open source, it would also have been nice for them to revolutionize the 3DS scene, or update their firmware to work with the latest emuNAND, or even prove to us that they can be the innovators when their product is near death and the scene around them has shifted against them.

Point is, Gary has the kiss of death, nothing he says ever comes true, so why should anyone at all believe him now?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I only have one question about this:

Why?

With NTRBoot out, there is not a single person in the world who should spend any penny on a flashcard for 3DS. Yeah, put a cheap DS flashcard in to play DS games, granted, but this thing here, I bet it'll be at least in Sky3DS Price regions so 80$ upward, but even 20$ is too much for something I can get completely for free with zero effort.

Reactions: some1ne

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This rebranded gateway+sky3ds flashcart is charging people $80 for something that they can do for free, or with a purchase of a $17 DS flashcart. Who is buying these?

the brick code never briked anyone who used the original gateway red card.. no one ever provided proof that they were bricked with it, and you can also brick by installing arm9loaderhack or boot9straps if you make a mistake because you are installing not offficial code into your nand memory ram, which can make your console format brick....
A9LH and b9s bricks are accidental, gateway bricks were intentional and locked the NAND with their own password. This behavior can be confirmed by those who reverse engineered Gateway's code, and a lot of legit Gateway users also got their 3DS bricked. You can look at this forum for example, there are hundreds of reports from 2013-2014.

Also, interesting observation:
*Newcomer
*Registered today
*Shilling for Gateway

I wonder who could be behind this post.

Last edited by some1ne,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU