China 2Gb bootleg can be crafted as flashcart

liuyunx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The 2Gb bootleg sold in China contain multiple gba games with a simple menu.
Now you can run gbabf on the R4 card through nds/ndsl, burn the personal DIY menu file to 0MB, and then replace the ROM file at 16-248MB to realize the transformation into a flashcart

gbxcart cooperates with flashgbx to dump the entire 2Gb bootleg into a 256MB ROM file, and then burn it to other 2Gb bootleg for backup or copying. But it is not possible to modify a single gba game in the entire ROM.

In fact, exists 4Gb (512MB) bootleg, but both flashcart and gbabf can only recognize 256MB.

There are two types of 2Gb cards, with and without batteries.
The version with battery is the best. The version without battery needs to make up for the missing diode and cr_battery

gbabf:https://gitlab.com/Fexean/gbabf

PS:The translation is from Google, if there is any problem with the statement, I hope to understand

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Since this requires a DS with a flashcart, it would perhaps be more useful to use it as a single-ROM flashcart a la the ez3in1 and just run the homebrew when you want to change the game.
Edit: I misread the post, 256 MB is enough for quite a few games.

How much do these bootlegs cost anyway? These days I would say just get an EZFlash for the simplicity, but those aren't exactly cheap, still you can fit the entire GBA collection with relatively quick load times which makes it worth it IMO.

liuyunx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
DIY menu:https://github.com/ArcheyChen/GBAMultiCartMenuV2
Post automatically merged:

the 2Gb bootleg need 35¥(5$)in China。I do not know the price outside of China

Since this requires a DS with a flashcart, it would perhaps be more useful to use it as a single-ROM flashcart a la the ez3in1 and just run the homebrew when you want to change the game.

How much do these bootlegs cost anyway? These days I would say just get an EZFlash for the simplicity, but those aren't exactly cheap, still you can fit the entire GBA collection with relatively quick load times which makes it worth it IMO.
the 2Gb bootleg need 35¥(5$)in China。I do not know the price outside of China

Last edited by liuyunx,
Reactions: hippy dave

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It's the 369-in-1 cart, yeah? It's 256MB in size. The Zelda 7-in-1 cart is only 64MB in comparison. I haven't looked at the Final Fantasy Five-fold pack yet, nor the Castlevania trilogy carts.

Reactions: zfreeman

liuyunx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It's the 369-in-1 cart, yeah? It's 256MB in size. The Zelda 7-in-1 cart is only 64MB in comparison. I haven't looked at the Final Fantasy Five-fold pack yet, nor the Castlevania trilogy carts.
yeah,369 in 1。

Maybe I can upload a video on YouTube or bilibili to show it.

https://mega.nz/file/BLljEKKC#0Pq9mXJtnV-q_4ky0niUl3oRcjEQ53lB9vBNRH0ajuI

this is the diy-menu .gba rom.
need flash bootleg 0-16MB

Last edited by liuyunx,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

The 39 cart is about $10, shipped, from various sellers.
How do I get the menu back? The cart keeps autobooting to the last game I tried.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the info, sounds like great value. You mentioned battery, what saving capacity does it have, and how does that work with a custom multi cart?

liuyunx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The 39 cart is about $10, shipped, from various sellers.

How do I get the menu back? The cart keeps autobooting to the last game I tried.
Press and hold the L key to power on

The battery is used to power the sram chip. After the game ROM is patched with sram, the archive will be generated in sram and maintained by the battery.
Press and hold the L key to boot and enter the menu, you will be asked whether to archive. If you choose "yes", the .sav file in sram will be saved to the 4-16MB of nor-flash, and the next time you open the game, the save file will be retrieved and stored in sram.

This kind of archive backup method is more common in the Chinese-old-fashioned flashcart, and it is called SMS (Super Memory System)

Thanks for the info, sounds like great value. You mentioned battery, what saving capacity does it have, and how does that work with a custom multi cart?

2Gb bootleg ↓
IMG_20230529_213416.jpg
IMG_20230529_213552.jpg

DIY-MENU. Hold L and Turn on GBA to enter
IMG_20230529_213949.jpg
IMG_20230529_213958.jpg
IMG_20230529_214003.jpg

Last edited by liuyunx,

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
If using the default .menu, you can also use the gba autopatcher to patch the SRAM games to be batteryless saving.
Or if you have a cart with no battery and want to use this DIY menu. The variants of this cart with a battery only same to be available in China on sites like Taobao.

Reactions: Jayro

Blung

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How can you flash several roms?
You can flash ROMs 1 by 1 with GBABF on a DS/DS Lite, first select Flash ROM, them choose the ROM you want to flash, now on Flashing Method select: " EG0xx Multicart" , and them, select the offset that you want to put flash your ROM.

Flash Several ROMs at the same time is probably not exist i think but idk.

Sorry for my english :D

liuyunx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
How can you flash several roms?
After burning one, calculate and select the offset address, and then burn the next one. For example, if the ROM size of the first game is 16MiB and it is offset to an address of 32MiB for burning, then the second game needs to be offset to an address of 32+16=48MiB for burning. The third ROM needs to be offset to a position of 48+the size of the third ROM for burning, and so on.

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP
Could this theoretically be used to flash a custom GBA Video cart of over 25 minutes? I know the capacity on 32MB carts is about 25 minutes at poor quality (sold one at a charity auction last year), so if I could use this for larger customs, that would be great.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Could this theoretically be used to flash a custom GBA Video cart of over 25 minutes? I know the capacity on 32MB carts is about 25 minutes at poor quality (sold one at a charity auction last year), so if I could use this for larger customs, that would be great.
It has been used for that purpose yes.
https://bennvenn.myshopify.com/products/gba-flash-cart-256mbyte-rom-64kbytes-sram-save-backorder
New!: We've coded some patches for Meteo generated ROM's (AVI to GBA converter). These patches allow you to use all 256Mbytes for video, added skipping using Left and Right and autoplay onto the next video file. Get the patches HERE - more info in our discord, just ask!

grustap

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Just got my 369 in 1 flashcart (sadly with no battery) and I was able to upload a couple of backup ROMs to it with DIY menu!
I SRAM patched my roms with GBATA, but when I save and shut down my gba, the save will be kept for just a couple of seconds and then disappear, it looks like even with SRAM patched games the save will be kept in RAM instead of being rewritten to the ROM. I tried writing the same patched roms to a Mother1+2 flashcart and the SRAM patch works just fine.

Am I missing something or am I doing something wrong?

By the way Liuyunx, keep up the good work!

McLOVIN835

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can flash ROMs 1 by 1 with GBABF on a DS/DS Lite, first select Flash ROM, them choose the ROM you want to flash, now on Flashing Method select: " EG0xx Multicart" , and them, select the offset that you want to put flash your ROM.

can you do this on pc without a ds? i have a gbxcart v1.4 but not sure how to add multiple roms since it just boots to the last one installed.

can you do this on pc without a ds? i have a gbxcart v1.4 but not sure how to add multiple roms since it just boots to the last one installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty