Newest PS3 Update Potentially Bricks your console

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So while my Super Slim updated fine yesterday, I can't sign onto PSN to access Netflix.
That sucks. The only reason I updated was because we wanted to watch a movie on Netflix after dinner.
I think no one can at the moment. I got on and was greeted with an error code.
My Netflix is working fine, btw.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GameWinner: I see. Good to know it's not only me.

Mecha: Yeah, that's why I updated but now I can't sign into PSN to access Netflix.
I'm guessing the reason you can't access PSN is because your console is not on the "latest" (4.41) OFW, but on something else (4.45). Will probably be fixed when they release a non-bricking version of 4.45.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing the reason you can't access PSN is because your console is not on the "latest" (4.41) OFW, but on something else (4.45). Will probably be fixed when they release a non-bricking version of 4.45.
But I'm on 4.45 and watched some Netflix immediately after the reboot. Later that night I even downloaded some games from the PSN Store. Weird.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But I'm on 4.45 and watched some Netflix immediately after the reboot. Later that night I even downloaded some games from the PSN Store. Weird.
In that case I was wrong and it's just some freak error that will likely be gone soon. Like I said, I was just guessing :P

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this mandatory and if so is it required to update right when you turn on the console or when you connect to something?

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this mandatory and if so is it required to update right when you turn on the console or when you connect to something?
I'm curious about this as well. My other PS3 is on Rebug 4.40 spoofed to 4.41, but I immediately disabled the internet connection when all of this hoopla began. Anyone on CFW 4.41 here having issues?

ShadowNeko003

~Nyah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, I updated yesterday and was able to use Netflix. I guess they shut down PSN sometime after they pulled 4.45.

Others are also having trouble accessing PSN (both from 4.45 and 4.41)

NariIro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I get that it bricked a few consoles. But maybe this could be a GOOD thing for devs, Maybe something in the .UPDAT file could possibly lead to a new jailbreak, INB4 "you're a noob, STFU, You're an idiot yada yada yada." just pointing out that it might be something worth looking into, cause from what I've heard and read this update messes with something in the boot sector of the PS3, again just my 2 cents.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
ooouu, my PS3 didn't autoupdated, they pulled the update before the PS+ autoupdate took effect on my console, I wanted to see for myself that PS3 with stock hdd didn't brick for this update, but I think I should be thankful because if my theory failed then I would have a brick, well better try the Giana Sisters demo, I already have the full game in Steam but I like to see how things prform between PC and consoles

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I get that it bricked a few consoles. But maybe this could be a GOOD thing for devs, Maybe something in the .UPDAT file could possibly lead to a new jailbreak, INB4 "you're a noob, STFU, You're an idiot yada yada yada." just pointing out that it might be something worth looking into, cause from what I've heard and read this update messes with something in the boot sector of the PS3, again just my 2 cents.
I'm pretty sure someone already started a thread about that. Also, Op should be updated about the current status of update 4.45 ofw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty