Nintendo switch demo kiosk console bricked

RamCade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a Nintendo switch demo/kiosk unit today off of eBay and it worked fine for a solid 5-6h. Suddenly I take a look at it and it’s on a red System maintenance screen. It appeared to be updating controller firmware and as I watched it, it goes to a screen stating that it was going to rebuild the database, flashes to a screen that said ‘Server check in’. Only problem, this unit wasn’t ever connected to the Wi-Fi. It proceeded to black screen. Nothing did anything to the console and pressing the power button led to a little loading circle as if it was shutting down. Pressing it again restarted the process.
I have no idea how to get back into the demo menu or connect it to the Wi-Fi. Entering maintenance mode like would be done on a standard switch shows the software is outdated (14.00 as opposed to my standard switch’s 15.0.1) but I’m scared updating it would brick the console. However it may force a wifi connection that could save it.
Any ideas?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's best to leave it be if you're too worried about updating, especially if you are willing to mod your system. Downgrading however is not recommeded because it burns only one fuse instead or more.

fuse.jpg

Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: r1vver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1