ROM Hack [NEW TO NINTENDO]How to hack my 3ds.Software 2.1.0-4E

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
what do you mean by *blocked updates*? how do i do that?
Go to the firewall configuration of your router and block the following URLs:
nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
cp3s-auth.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
ecs.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nintendowifi.net
cp3s.cdn.nintendowifi.net
npdl.cdn.nintendowifi.net
cas.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
eou.cdn.nintendowifi.net
pls.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
npul.c.app.nintendowifi.net
nintendo.net
nintendo.com
Steps may vary depending on the router.

Reactions: SpeedPowered

SpeedPowered

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Go to the firewall configuration of your router and block the following URLs:

Steps may vary depending on the router.

idk if would work if i add the address as name.this is only option.also asks me for port.what port should i use?o.o

ss:
ddddd.png

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i seem to remeber someone else saying it didnt actually work for anything below....gateway made the first part of the exploit, but only made it compatible with 4.x-9.2 iirc, i may be wrong, you can try it out before you even get your gateway card, just download the files from the site, put the launcher.dat on the SD card in the 3DS and load up go.gateway-3ds.com on the 3DS, if you reach the gateway menu, your good to go, if it crashes and doesnt load a screen you will have to get hold of a 4.x game

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
idk if would work if i add the address as name.this is only option.also asks me for port.what port should i use?o.o

ss:
ddddd.png
That's the Port Forwarding settings. I don't know exactly where URL blacklisting settings are on your router, but maybe you can find something in the user's manual?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't want to buy a game to upgrade to 4.x, I would suggest you to buy any game to upgrade to 9.2 or lower if they're cheaper.

On this site http://3ds.essh.co/
There is a "Firmware" tab you can see what version which game will take you to, as long as it's lower than 9.2, you're fine.

I think 2.x is just too low of a firmware and even if it runs might cause unnecessary problems, also when you upgrade to 9.2 or lower, you have an option to downgrade to 4.5 (if you're in Europe) and 4.2 (if you're from NA).

By The way, there are some cheap 4.x games, like "The Trash Pack 3DS", I found one for as low as 12$ and it can take you to firmware 4.1

Reactions: nastys

SpeedPowered

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i used to clock stuff with port forwarding as i remember there are no black listed urls...going to check all parts of the router...
edit:there is no blacklisted urls in router settings.there is a parental control on the bt account that can block urls if im not wrong,but i dont have access to the bt account,only router...
ra1d btw in not in us...but ill stay on 2.1 i guess...

SpeedPowered

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's the Port Forwarding settings. I don't know exactly where URL blacklisting settings are on your router, but maybe you can find something in the user's manual?

natys i tried to run without blacklisted addresses but i get smth like:cannot load the full content of the page and the ds gets stuck,i have to restart it...idk if i will manage to get it to work without a proper router.the launger.bat its on sd not in 3ds folder.or i have to use the android app too for this?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
natys i tried to run without blacklisted addresses but i get smth like:cannot load the full content of the page and the ds gets stuck,i have to restart it...idk if i will manage to get it to work without a proper router.the launger.bat its on sd not in 3ds folder.or i have to use the android app too for this?
Try the app, if it doesn't work you have to update your console using a game cart

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i only wanted to make the nand backup.didnt got the gateway yet.it should arrive somwhere in the middle on the next week.
You can do it if the app works.
You could also update to 4.x using a game ROM when you get your Gateway (use an SD card without emunand and press UP when entering Gateway Mode).

SpeedPowered

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dont really know what emunand is.for gateway i orderd a micro sd from sandisk:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291024074626?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT and the ds came woth a 2 gb sd from toshiba.
I think the SD has enough space for the backup, but I strongly suggest you get an 8 GB one.
The emunand is a virtual NAND running from your SD. You can update it and install whatever you want without bricking your console. You also need it to play newer games such as Pokemon ORAS or Super Smash Bros. or to use Miiverse or the eShop.

SpeedPowered

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the SD has enough space for the backup, but I strongly suggest you get an 8 GB one.
The emunand is a virtual NAND running from your SD. You can update it and install whatever you want without bricking your console. You also need it to play newer games such as Pokemon ORAS or Super Smash Bros. or to use Miiverse or the eShop.
I have an really fast SD from PSP it may work with adaptor.its 8 GB.but I load the games on the gateway micro SD,why I would need more than 2.I will save the name backup on PC and online storage to be safe..

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that nobody who says that the browser exploit works on 2.1 has tried to use it on 2.1. There is an exploit web page for 2.1, but the browser exploit runs by automatically starting up more exploits and those other exploits don't work on 2.1. You'll need to either get a game and update to 4.1-4.5 and use the profile exploit, get a game and update from 5.0-9.2 and use the browser exploit, or get a game and update from 5.0-9.2, use the browser exploit once, then downgrade to 4.1-4.5, and use the profile exploit.

As fdr the two SDs, the two SDs are for different things. The Gateway cart has a micro SD to hold games, your 3DS also has a normal SD and Gateway uses that for EmyNAND and saves.

EmuNAND allows you to run an older firmware, but have an emulated newer firmware, so you can play newer games.

Reactions: SpeedPowered

SpeedPowered

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can do it if the app works.
You could also update to 4.x using a game ROM when you get your Gateway (use an SD card without emunand and press UP when entering Gateway Mode).
so i ad the software&game to the gateway micro sd leaving the sd card empty?it will work on 2.1?cuz the app dont work with launcher.bat.(even with sd card out it gets stuck after i enter go.gateway-3ds.com)
or i just order a 4.x game..?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m