Hacking Hardware Misc How do I transfer dsiware games from a hacked 2ds to a new 3ds xl thats not hacked (look at full thread for more detail)

BiggioBiggins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.. I am in quite a predicament.. if any of yall could solve this i'd be both surprised and super happy.. problem is if you solve it youd be the first to solve it.. yeah you heard me. i've looked up so much shit and couldn't find anything to be able to fix my problem. I'm beginning to think it's impossible. But my problem is as follows:

Before I hacked my 2ds, I did a dsiware game transfer. I transferred all my dsi games on my old nostalgic dsi to my 2ds. (which I still regret not because of what im about to describe but because i lost all my online levels and progress I got through the nintendo wifi connection before it shut down.. nintendo failed to communicate that to me and im still pissed off about it but whatever everyone is pissed at nintendo nowdays im just joining a huge boat at this point) but after this about 2 years later with the help of a friend I made the decision to *hack* my 2ds. It worked fine. But the problem is me 6 years later now wants those dsiware games that I once transferred over before the hack, onto my new 3ds xl (that isnt hacked and bought with the purpose of enjoying nostalgia). I've looked all over and can't find out how to find those dsiware games on the sd card whejn i put it in my pc. I don't know if it's on the console itself or the sd card. but I need to get it off the hacked 2ds and onto the not hacked new 3ds xl.. no idea how to do it though. I hope people can help me out.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So.. I am in quite a predicament.. if any of yall could solve this i'd be both surprised and super happy.. problem is if you solve it youd be the first to solve it.. yeah you heard me. i've looked up so much shit and couldn't find anything to be able to fix my problem. I'm beginning to think it's impossible. But my problem is as follows:

Before I hacked my 2ds, I did a dsiware game transfer. I transferred all my dsi games on my old nostalgic dsi to my 2ds. (which I still regret not because of what im about to describe but because i lost all my online levels and progress I got through the nintendo wifi connection before it shut down.. nintendo failed to communicate that to me and im still pissed off about it but whatever everyone is pissed at nintendo nowdays im just joining a huge boat at this point) but after this about 2 years later with the help of a friend I made the decision to *hack* my 2ds. It worked fine. But the problem is me 6 years later now wants those dsiware games that I once transferred over before the hack, onto my new 3ds xl (that isnt hacked and bought with the purpose of enjoying nostalgia). I've looked all over and can't find out how to find those dsiware games on the sd card whejn i put it in my pc. I don't know if it's on the console itself or the sd card. but I need to get it off the hacked 2ds and onto the not hacked new 3ds xl.. no idea how to do it though. I hope people can help me out.
DSi games are located on the TWL nand which is on internal memory of the console. During a system transfer the console will ask if you wanna load the dsi games and transfer them or not. Its going to be the only way of doing what you want with a unmodded console.

BiggioBiggins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSi games are located on the TWL nand which is on internal memory of the console. During a system transfer the console will ask if you wanna load the dsi games and transfer them or not. Its going to be the only way of doing what you want with a unmodded console.
so imma also transfer all the hacked games i have onto it? There wont be any problems? i figured if I did a system transfer from hacked 2ds with hacked games to new 3ds xl unmodded it'd cause problems

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so imma also transfer all the hacked games i have onto it? There wont be any problems? i figured if I did a system transfer from hacked 2ds with hacked games to new 3ds xl unmodded it'd cause problems
You wont ever see the hacked games as they require the cfw to see and run. But no, there wont be any issues for doing a system transfer

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, and it wont give my 3ds xl error messages or anything right? sorry if this seems like a stupid question i just dont want anything bad
There are no stupid questions, with all the things that happened in the past and not beeing always on the forum/learning/using it daily it's only natural to ask first before doing something irreversible

Since your dsi are bought dsi titles it won't give any error and as lone_wolf323 said you won't even see the cfw games
(I asked the first question because I didn't know if you had access to both systems)

BiggioBiggins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no stupid questions, with all the things that happened in the past and not beeing always on the forum/learning/using it daily it's only natural to ask first before doing something irreversible

Since your dsi are bought dsi titles it won't give any error and as lone_wolf323 said you won't even see the cfw games
(I asked the first question because I didn't know if you had access to both systems)
Great, thank you guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...