Gaming New Super Mario Bros. U isn't a very good game.

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,563
  • Replies 7
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Ordered a few days ago and it arrived today as I'd thought it would be fun to play the game again but as I've already 100%'d everything there's no replay value now. That and, the design of the stages don't look very compelling to the eye but moreso as "here's how Super Mario can look like in high definition". :( Super Mario games are known to be loads of fun and with infinite replay value but NSMBU fails on both parties, imo.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it was a bit rushed.... indeed, it's only running in 720p in the first place - running NSMB Wii upped on a good rig with Dolphin actually looks far crisper, so even the 'Hey it's a me in HD!' is a bit naff..
Grab the Luigi DLC though, it's generally better, and will last you a fair bit longer (it's tougher)
This and the Wii game are much more fun in multiplayer though, seems like Nin sort of focused on this mode while kinda forgetting about the SP mode at times...

In my opinion though, once you've completed them, ALL the New Super Mario Bros games are rather forgettable... Don't think I've gone back to any of them afterwards!

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
D

Deleted User

OP
I finished NSMBU + the Luigi DLC 100%. It was fun and worth my time, but not Donkey Kong Country standard where you can play the game over and over again.

EDIT

You might wanna try player Newer SMB Wii. Haven't played it myself (yet), but it looks pretty fucking good.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted User

OP
Thinking about it a bit more the game's artwork wasn't that great. It was good enough, but could have been a lot better. I remember the IGN review critising the game saying that more of the stages should have had unique artwork like the Painted Swampland level (which did look pretty cool).

Edrian

Commercial Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All New Super Mario Bros. games are generally like that. 100% them and everything is practically done. Only thing is that newer ones are getting slightly easier.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking about it a bit more the game's artwork wasn't that great. It was good enough, but could have been a lot better. I remember the IGN review critising the game saying that more of the stages should have had unique artwork like the Painted Swampland level (which did look pretty cool).

IGN? :rofl:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.