ROM Hack New Metroid Bros.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, I am playing the game over and over catching every bug, boring part, missing whatever, etc. Trying to get the final touches on it. There are also a few areas that are really hard to program left. But main focus is stability. No new levels planned, just cleanups.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SKJmin is almost done with the walkthroughs for SMB3 2.5. So make sure and check that out. I think this weekend he will be done. After that he is going to help debug and revise NMB. This should speed up the final revision. Meanwhile, I haven't slowed down at all. There is so much to do it is rediculous, but the majority of the large bugs are gone. Every level has massive programming and things going on.

Another thing I have been up to is gathering data for all the sprites in NSMB. You will see a lot of this in all the other NSMB hacks. As I go through my hack, I find out new things we can do with the editor. So overall, my time spent is not only making my hack cool, but helping everyone else to have the tools to make their hacks extraordinary. And behind the scenes as well Dirbaio, along with other NSMBe developers are making huge strides from the coding end. So all in all, with the downfall of the DS, we still have some really good games on their way. Not to forget, Mega Mario and his development of the Mario 64 DS editor.

SKJmin

Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
SKJmin is almost done with the walkthroughs for SMB3 2.5. So make sure and check that out. I think this weekend he will be done. After that he is going to help debug and revise NMB. This should speed up the final revision.
Yeah :)
Finished wit hrecording, just merging all separate vlips into one movie now...
I hope everything will be online in some hours!

Also version 2.5b (or 2.6)
Just a major fix of uncountable bugs and very minor changes!

After that I'm going to make the real job! Version 3.0!
More in my topic tomorrow^^

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Very fun! I got myself trying to figure out WHY THE HELL the morph ball is so solid... How do i get it? Then i got back to the real world and noticed it was NSMB after all haha! Very good hack, keep going man. I wish you someday put a 3d rendered Samus there (actually i was amazed when i knew about the game thinking she was already there)

Good luck, man

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything new to report? This is like the last DS game I'm actually interested in, so I'm kinda anxious to give it a go. Still, I'd rather play the completed build rather than a beta build that may vary quite a bit from the final build.

An update on your progress keeps community interest going.

Reactions: 1 person

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This game is a little frustrating... Its difficulty is even higher than the original game's which was already frustrating at some points... But that issue aside, the game is good for NSMB fans thirsty for a sequel that never saw the light

SKJmin

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
This game is a little frustrating... Its difficulty is even higher than the original game's which was already frustrating at some points... But that issue aside, the game is good for NSMB fans thirsty for a sequel that never saw the light
Making it harder than the "original" one is really not that hard :)
But I can confirm... Even "I" had problems to beat the first world of this hack :)
It's even harder than mine...

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SKJmin there's this second stage of your hack with the addition of a "bonus" where we had a pit on the original SMB3, and man, i have to say... This "bonus" is so hard to reach (overall playing on the actual DS itself) that i don't even mind going down there anymore haha

I think it's a problem that some people don't notice when level editing because they got carried away, that they've crossed the line between something that's fun for both casual and hardcore gamers and something that's basically irritating or frustrating... Not that it's their fault or something, but if they're gonna change that because they want or because they're being told to, that is something up to them.

I used to hack and level edit SMW a lot but screw that shit. There was a time when i've spent the whole day basically hacking that thing

EDIT:

SKJmin, on a side note, how is the progress of NSMB3 --- 3.0 going, man? Are we far away from it yet? I can't wait to play it, difficulty-wise aside.
See ya!
(yeah, a little later for editing this but whatever)

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey Luckwii, nice news. I'm hacking NSMB too. Do you hex edit too?
I would like to share experiences with you. Would you mind if i PM you so that we can talk? See you

SKJmin

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
Cointinuing the hack...Still in progress. Haven't updated the posts in a while. But the hack is not dead.

Luckwii
Nice to hear mate! Get on MSN fast, I have to send something awesome :D It's about your hack^^

I would like to share experiences with you. Would you mind if i PM you so that we can talk? See you
Hey Leo, how is your hack going? Haven't seen you for a week on MSN now... Everything sup?
Do you have a Youtube channel? PM me or get on MSN please :D

Reactions: 1 person

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to see you're still hacking away Luckwii. ;)
I've been waiting to see some activity here but didn't want to nag about it. Final release is gonna be epic! I'm anticipating this more than some retail games.

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey Leo, how is your hack going? Haven't seen you for a week on MSN now... Everything sup?
Do you have a Youtube channel? PM me or get on MSN please :D

Hey man, i dont have a YT channel because my bandwidth is not great for uploading videos. But i do have a Youtube account, so if you want to add me there just tell me your username and i'll add you. My hack is going slowly, but steadly. I wish i found people interested in testing because sometimes it's a pain in the ass to come back to older levels just to make sure of something, and the touch screen is horrible for this process (world switch). If you know of somebody, anybody, interested, please let me know dude.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1