Cricket My love!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Hey ,

i have found this and this is mainly for the american(the release dar for the DSi)

No DSi release in US until after April '09

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has stated that the newly unveiled DSi will not go on sale in North America until the next fiscal year, sometime after April 2009.

Fils-Aime also said he didn't expect consumers to put off a purchase of the DS Lite in anticipation of the DSi release, instead the company is hoping users will upgrade from DS Lite to the new model at a later date.

"All through the Americas we continue to have great momentum on DS Lite and so for us we have a huge opportunity, much more consumers who want the original DS Lite, and so it will be for us a fantastic opportunity in our next fiscal," said Fils-Aime, speaking to G4TV.

"The critical decision for those consumers is how long do you wait? We haven't announced a launch date, and really for us it's going to be in our next fiscal, so certainly, after April – that's a long time to wait for a consumer who will be bypassing new titles like Chrono Trigger.

"We think most consumers are going to opt to jump into DS Lite now, enjoy all of the great games and then at some future point upgrade to the DSi."

The system is to launch in Japan this November – critical timing for the market said Fils-Aime, as DS Lite hardware sales have slowed.

"It's critically important in our Japanese home market that we announce and launch the new DSi.

"That's because they're reached such a huge level of penetration that this is a great way to keep driving momentum in their market."

No solid release date for the DSi in Europe has yet been announced, with Nintendo only pencilling in a spring release.

Source

vapour99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
randomgaming.tk
XP
Country
Canada
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Hey ,

i have found this and this is mainly for the american(the release dar for the DSi)

No DSi release in US until after April '09

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has stated that the newly unveiled DSi will not go on sale in North America until the next fiscal year, sometime after April 2009.

Fils-Aime also said he didn't expect consumers to put off a purchase of the DS Lite in anticipation of the DSi release, instead the company is hoping users will upgrade from DS Lite to the new model at a later date.

"All through the Americas we continue to have great momentum on DS Lite and so for us we have a huge opportunity, much more consumers who want the original DS Lite, and so it will be for us a fantastic opportunity in our next fiscal," said Fils-Aime, speaking to G4TV.

"The critical decision for those consumers is how long do you wait? We haven't announced a launch date, and really for us it's going to be in our next fiscal, so certainly, after April – that's a long time to wait for a consumer who will be bypassing new titles like Chrono Trigger.

"We think most consumers are going to opt to jump into DS Lite now, enjoy all of the great games and then at some future point upgrade to the DSi."

The system is to launch in Japan this November – critical timing for the market said Fils-Aime, as DS Lite hardware sales have slowed.

"It's critically important in our Japanese home market that we announce and launch the new DSi.

"That's because they're reached such a huge level of penetration that this is a great way to keep driving momentum in their market."

No solid release date for the DSi in Europe has yet been announced, with Nintendo only pencilling in a spring release.

Source

well; thats just stupid!

I quote the Osbourne computer systems example; it goes like this:

137988-osbourne.jpg

"The Osbourne 1 was released in 1981 and was a wildly popular portable computer (20 pounds!). Following its release; (within a year) the owner of the company promised a brand new Osbourne 2 soon to come!
Result: he files for bankruptcy as no-one wants the Osbourne 1; they now want the Osbourne 2.

Following that example; nintendo is going to be seeing a HUGE drop in DS lite sales this holiday season.

I feel cheated that the Japaneese market is getting the DSi's this holiday season while the rest of the world's unknowing parents buy the leftovers for their children. bad move nintendo!

here is the News story: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/no-d...-after-april-09

EDIT:

nintendos stock fell btw: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/nint...n-dsi-unveiling

/EDIT

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't have cheked the topic of the "New month rumour DS" [XD] but is really awesome to see that it is real, and all the things who come with this new ds looks great (Yeah i know that maybe PNG and AAC sucks, but better ram better browser, Better screens, better looks, But.... Why they quit the gba slot??? ....... (I miss my gba with no battery.....), The release date dont matter, Cause i have to save money XD, I bet for the DSi comes faster cause the ds sold millions, and i think almost everybody will buy this ds (I got mine only 9 months ago.... its the Zelda one *.* y love it!), So maybe i wait cause i want to get a special edition one, So Nintendo dont are so stupid to dont sell this on US...

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I must say I do like the fact that it's not shiny... and maybe being able to play the DSware titles with my flashcart would be nice if it's ever possible. (which I wouldn't be surprised if it's likely.)

recover

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm really disappointed that the DS and DS Lite doesn't support WPA. I mean, it should have at least have been added in DS Lite.
At least Nintendo has realised it in time for DSi.

Douchetuh

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
recover said:
I'm really disappointed that the DS and DS Lite doesn't support WPA. I mean, it should have at least have been added in DS Lite.
At least Nintendo has realised it in time for DSi.

I'm just reading about the DSi now; was wondering where you read that the DSi implements WPA in their wifi.

Also, one thing that wasn't mentioned but I guess we can assume that both the DS and DSi has fully interchangeable games except for any games made for the DSi that specifically requires the camera. It's too bad that they didn't give the DSi a better/faster CPU and/or improve the graphics processing power for better movie quality and the ability to play DIVX smoothly.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if you look below, you see the little microphone or whatever it is that's in the center.. So that has to be the top screen.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nin10doFan said:
But if you look below, you see the little microphone or whatever it is that's in the center.. So that has to be the top screen.

Thats a camera i think. But the video looks so fake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-