Hardware Anybody ever heard of N-Cards?

Trevor_2012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I switched to DS mode it opened, but it didn't read the flascard.

The model is the real 16GB G6.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Attachments

• 20240412_174954.jpg
    20240412_174954.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: SylverReZ

Disturbo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
disturbo.me
XP
Country
Spain
Update on the cards:
- All of the slot-2 devices are interchangeable with each other. DS Fire Link was having some issues but cleaning the pads solved them
- NCard 2gb and both Fire Cards seem to have some problems, but i think they are fixable
- G6 real card reader complains about drivers, I may have to set up a Windows XP VM or something like that.

Edit: It didn't really cross my mind but the 2GB "Ncard" doesn't actually say N-CARD, it says DS FIRELINE. Seems I got a clone :o

Last edited by Disturbo,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. The 2GB N-Card I have bookmarked on eBay. (it's a china based seller who wants a lot of money for it. Same one I got the 1GB card from) has one with same label but unlike the one you got it has the same banner as my 1GB card that matches the 1GB card you have.

As for the G6...odd. I would think it would just be a standard mass storage driver kinda thing. I have Win10 64bit and the N-Card slot2 device always shows up as standard flash drive so didn't need drivers.

The card originally came with a mini cd but from what I can tell on the website for the card on the archive is that they didn't include drivers on the website so probably weren't any on the mini cd.

Oh get a rom dump of that G6. I want to take a look at it. :D

Once you get the usb device working you should see what the game compatiblity is like for it and if it's just as good as N-Card (minus having to AP patch stuff)

Like N-Card that card uses a battery backed save chip so likely doesn't patch games for saving...wondering if like N-Card it doesn't need to patch games for rom reads since it's using a nand based storage system.

So throwing a modern SDK5 game like one of the Pokémon games at it would be a good way to test that. If the game works there's a decent chance it doesn't rely on patching games to make them work like N-card. :D

I switched to DS mode it opened, but it didn't read the flascard.

The model is the real 16GB G6.

As I've said in previous reply on your matter the G6 doesn't appear to be an N-Card clone so you need to use the DLDI driver intended for the G6 Real card. While GodMode9Nrio was meant for N-Cards I would assume it should work for G6 too provided you DLDI patch GM9Nrio for that purpose as it originally uses DLDI driver meant for N-Cards. As I do not personally own a G6 I can't help you further on the matter. Sorry. :(

One thing you can try is running GM9Nrio with the G6 DLDI driver via NTR Launcher 3.0's new stage2 menu. (NTR Launcher is DSi/3DS only though so can't use that on DS). You have to make sure to setup the ini file to allow unlocked SCFG otherwise GM9Nrio may not see the DSI's SD card.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol