Hacking Trying to make the Supercard suck less in 2022...

blckbear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Uruguay
Does it sort by date or does it sort by file table order? Many embedded devices will sort things by the order they appear in the file table as it is easy to do that (you just read it) rather than having to do work and that can look like date order (almost certainly is date added order).
There are tools like fat sorter that allow you to change things there. If you could test one of those it might both solve your problem and also confirm it is the case.
https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/FAT-Sorter.shtml
It does as you say, it sorts by file table order, I use Visual YAFS to sort them alphabetically after adding new games. Visual YAFS requires Java to run, I use the "lexicographically descending, folders first" option to do A-Z with folders at the beginning.

DobaMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried out several of the drivers you posted here.

scrb - old DLDI spec, uses 32KB (latest libnds uses 16KB). Found an old version of nds-hb-menu with compatible DLDI stub instead. Same behaviour as scsd_moon.
sclt - does not work even from firmware.
scsd2 - same behaviour as scsd_moon
scsd_moon hacked - same behaviour os scsd_moon
I actually had a lot of luck using the scsd2 dldi driver. Patched DSOrganize with it, and it allowed me to load up devkitpro's hbmenu with no issue. I could even open up the Bootme.nds over and over again and it would properly initialize each time. What I did was I installed DSOrganize onto the micro sd card (using the executable with .sc.nds as a file type) and then patched it with the scsd2 dldi patches. It's something I would do on the Supercard Mini SD too. Seemed to be the only way I ever managed to get it to work.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me for going a little off topic. Does anyone know precisely how much RAM is available inside the micro SD Supercard? Is it usable as a memory expansion pack (slot-2) for certain DS games that require it (slot-1)? Thanks.
32MB, albeit at the slower 4/2 speed. It can't be used by the official NDS Web Browser without a patch (I'm uncertain if one exists) but homebrew should know how to use it.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It can't be used by the official NDS Web Browser without a patch
Hmm... I was convinced that there were official DS titles that took advantage of the slot-2 expansion pack, apart from that browser, but actually searching online I couldn't find any information about them. So was I mistaken? 🤔

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Browser was the only thing to take advantage of the RAM officially. Everything else is straight homebrew (I am not aware of any ROM hacks having gone there as RAM*, nor any developer leftover modes, beta builds, hidden functionality or the like).

*some proof of concept stuff for ROM but that is of limited use for most purposes (not like DS ROMs tend to run out of space).

Everything else is some kind of controller (guitar hero stuff for instance, slider/rotary controller which was used quite early on in in some ROM hacks https://gbatemp.net/threads/control-mario-kart-ds-with-arkanoid-paddle.75311/) or ROM/save grabber (usually for older entries in a franchise to unlock some bonus features or grab data from earlier versions). The probably impending launch of the DSi stopped much of anything there too.

Reactions: Nikokaro

tk9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still hopeful but if everything else fails, I believe it still can be used with ds twilight menu for native GBA mode as source of RAM.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
It sounds to me like there's no real consensus on a good, affordable GBA flashcart which really blows.
I think the ones I've seen the most positivity about are from Everdrive, but those are also the most costly by far.

Trevor_2012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Attachments

• -190772721-450951507.jpg
    -190772721-450951507.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 22

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Ez Flash Omega is rubbish, it causes a lot of BGA problems.

It sounds to me like there's no real consensus on a good, affordable GBA flashcart which really blows.
I think the ones I've seen the most positivity about are from Everdrive, but those are also the most costly by far.

I have two EZ Flash Omegas for some years now, never had a problem. The point here is not that other available cards are bad, is that the SuperCard is cheap and there is plenty already sold out there.

This is high quality, without the BGA solder shit.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLI63E0

Also those carts are single flash, require a flashing station and do not read from an SD card, aren't really a comparable. A comparable would be an Everdrive GBA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto