NeoCD RX - A new fork.

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
  • 4- Name every single ripped track by their original order, beginning with the name "Track02.mp3", and so on.
Thanks a lot @niuus , can't wait to try this emulator!

For those of you who are gonna get through the process of renaming tons of MP3, I can recommend using "Lupas Rename".

It's old AF, but works perfectly well to rename a group of files with the same "pattern" (such as TrackXX.mp3), and it works on Windows 10!

https://rename.lupasfreeware.org/download.php

Reactions: Garcimak

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks a lot @niuus , can't wait to try this emulator!

For those of you who are gonna get through the process of renaming tons of MP3, I can recommend using "Lupas Rename".

It's old AF, but works perfectly well to rename a group of files with the same "pattern" (such as TrackXX.mp3), and it works on Windows 10!

https://rename.lupasfreeware.org/download.php
That's a classic. I'm not sure on modern rippers but they always defaulted to TrackXX in the past, anyway. I still use software with more than a decade for this, LOL, I think most people will be safe if they really want to play, steps are too simple anyway.

I'm really proud on the PDF manual, it looks very nice and it is easy to read. To think I always wanted to do the same for Snes9xRX :yaywii:. I'll do one for the rest of the RX family when I get the time.

All my games are chds. Will these be supported?

Use CHDMAN to decompress and then prepare your games.

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
That's a classic. I'm not sure on modern rippers but they always defaulted to TrackXX in the past, anyway. I still use software with more than a decade for this, LOL, I think most people will be safe if they really want to play, steps are too simple anyway.

I'm really proud on the PDF manual, it looks very nice and it is easy to read. To think I always wanted to do the same for Snes9xRX :yaywii:. I'll do one for the rest of the RX family when I get the time.
I hear you. Doing a fine PDF that could pass for a hardware or game manual is really part of the fun for my projects too!

Reactions: niuus

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
All right, final stretch for this. Currently creating the art for forwarder channels. Any current/modern tool to convert a Wii channel to a vWii compatible one?
@niuus

I've got you're looking for.
Download WiiForwarder2vWii (link is in my signature) and convert your Wii forwarder to a vWii one.

Cheers :3

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@niuus

I've got you're looking for.
Download WiiForwarder2vWii (link is in my signature) and convert your Wii forwarder to a vWii one.

Cheers :3
Thanks, i'll check the app.
Post automatically merged:

Only Wii U forwarder left to test. Releasing tomorrow.

Last edited by niuus,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
NeoCD RX is live now.

[1.0.02 - April 03, 2023]
* First release.
* Fully working SDHC & USB support. You shouldn't see the emulator complaining again about the BIOS not being found, if you already have the proper file in the correct folder, specially on USB devices.
* Virtual Neo Geo Memory Card saving is fixed again. Use SD/USB or the GameCube Memory Card, the latter also works on Wii (backwards compatible unit).
* Fixed GameCube controller analog stick support. It wasn't working on Wii, only when used on a GameCube console.
* Rearranged internal menus for future expansion.
* Some tidying up.

https://github.com/niuus/NeoCDRX

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
NeoCD RX is live now.

[1.0.02 - April 03, 2023]
* First release.
* Fully working SDHC & USB support. You shouldn't see the emulator complaining again about the BIOS not being found, if you already have the proper file in the correct folder, specially on USB devices.
* Virtual Neo Geo Memory Card saving is fixed again. Use SD/USB or the GameCube Memory Card, the latter also works on Wii (backwards compatible unit).
* Fixed GameCube controller analog stick support. It wasn't working on Wii, only when used on a GameCube console.
* Rearranged internal menus for future expansion.
* Some tidying up.

https://github.com/niuus/NeoCDRX
Excellent work, thank you very much. I already tried more than 20 games and they all work without problems. It would be nice to add support to the classic controller

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Thank you very much for your work, @niuus !

I haven't had much time to test the emulator yet, but a word of advice to anyone having their games on USB rather than SD : remember to put a copy of the bios in the "bios subfolder" of the NeoCDRX folder on your USB disk as well.

I made the mistake of only putting it on my SD card at first, and since I was trying t boot my games from the USB disk, I got an error saying the bios couldn't be found.

Anyway, it works, although it seemed to me that Samurai Shodown II was mixing my gamecube and wiimote controls, but I'll have to play more to be sure.

Still a very impressive first release, and please can we talk about the manual? I expected something nice, but you really got me there. The idea is so clever, and brings back so much memory!

Thanks again, can't wait to see what's next! :)

Reactions: V800 and niuus

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thank you very much for your work, @niuus !

I haven't had much time to test the emulator yet, but a word of advice to anyone having their games on USB rather than SD : remember to put a copy of the bios in the "bios subfolder" of the NeoCDRX folder on your USB disk as well.

I made the mistake of only putting it on my SD card at first, and since I was trying t boot my games from the USB disk, I got an error saying the bios couldn't be found.
Great to know you're already enjoying the gems on the NGCD. While you can load from any media once you boot the emulator and they were previously inserted to the ports (SD/USB) you do need the BIOS in each. I only do that for tests and looking for obscure bugs to document, though. Not exactly a normal or common setup, most people just use one or the other.

Anyway, it works, although it seemed to me that Samurai Shodown II was mixing my gamecube and wiimote controls, but I'll have to play more to be sure.
Though I didn't have any problems by using a Gamecube controller plugged in port 1 while at the same time using the Wiimote (just doing weird things and looking for edge cases) I didn't have any problem with buttons, at least here.

Still a very impressive first release, and please can we talk about the manual? I expected something nice, but you really got me there. The idea is so clever, and brings back so much memory!

Thanks again, can't wait to see what's next! :)
Glad to know the manual is appreciated, even at the last moment I was still polishing stuff. I need to do a small revision, some words didn't respect the Bold value when creating the final PDF, I really wasn't looking to delay the release another day. I even had to replace a font at the last minute because it was malfunctioning when converted. Perfection can be a cruel bitch sometimes. :hateit:

It will also be expanded with a neat compatibility list later, and whether or not it uses the Memory Card, because not many of the real games used the SRAM saving chip, for those reading this that don't know much about the real console, and were expecting PSX levels of saving features. Other details will be added, too. Forwarder channels will be up in some hours, i'm taking a deserved break.

Reactions: ber71

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Both recommended bios share the same description 'Neo Geo CDZ BIOS', idk if that's a typo.
More interestingly, are there any differences in compatibility or performance?

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Though I didn't have any problems by using a Gamecube controller plugged in port 1 while at the same time using the Wiimote (just doing weird things and looking for edge cases) I didn't have any problem with buttons, at least here.
Just to clarify : using the wiimote, and then switch to the gamecube controller ingame, made the B button of the GC controller not respond for me.

But if I use the GC controller from the beginning, I'm having no issue.

Once again, thanks!

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice can't wait to try it out also I made a inject for it and added a custom boot logo (Top Left Icon) that shows up, Banner and DRC are minimalistic also added Boot Sound from NeoGeo CD
If you want Boot Sound let me know will share it.

Sent from my 2201122G using Tapatalk

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice can't wait to try it out also I made a inject for it and added a custom boot logo (Top Left Icon) that shows up, Banner and DRC are minimalistic also added Boot Sound from NeoGeo CD
If you want Boot Sound let me know will share it.

Sent from my 2201122G using Tapatalk
might share them . not sure if @niuus will, but he might use them if they're to his liking. I'm a minimalist too, I suppose.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
ok my inject works no gamepad support though overall great work Niuus however I will need to remake inject as i have found to many Emu's sharing same title ID im gonna make a database with all that conflict and edit them so non conflicting

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
ok my inject works no gamepad support though overall great work Niuus however I will need to remake inject as i have found to many Emu's sharing same title ID im gonna make a database with all that conflict and edit them so non conflicting
NeoCD RX currently does not support DRC (Wii U GamePad).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)