Hardware N3DS NAND backup possible, I hope.

kelroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thx for the fast answer. I gonna use the same as you :).

On the SD card adapter should i get together the 2 gnd points?. Pin4 and Pin7

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you talking about the SD card to micro SD? Please refer to this:
sd-card-pinout.png

On the microSD pin 6 and 3 of the SD are internal tied together to pin 6 of the micro SD adapters, do not tie pin 4 to 6 as that would cause a direct short to ground from VCC/VDD. Also Pin 7 is you DAT0 pin so no, don't attach that to ground please.

kelroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, i see it on the internet. Thanks avalynn for all, i will up some pics later.

Here its vissible what you are talking about.

Detailed%20Inside.JPG

kelroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Avalyn finnaly i get the Mod finish but i got a problem. Without connect the SD Card Reader (transcend on my case) i get the blue screen with this error:

BOOTROM 8046
ERRCODE: 02F800FE 00000000
00000400 00000000

Its its normal?, or i got maybe some pin cortocircuited on the wires connected to the Motherboard of the 3ds.

If its normal, what steps i need to follow?.

Thanks.

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get that without the card reader, then you wires might be too long, this causes them to be like antennas and pick up noise that can affect the clock or data signals. Try shortening your connections, also check if any of them are grounded.

kelroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thanks i gonna test that and report the results.

The cable to connect the Sd Card reader must be short, right?

kelroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^^, Ok i recently discover another problem. I got the 3ds connect to the card reader but on the win32diskimager nothing appears.

I need to do some special step here?. In the System appears 2 strange unitys, but i am a few scare about to do something wrong (this just at sometimes).

I do that:

Connect the 3ds to the SD adapter with the Sd Card conected to it, but unplug from the computer.
Power on the 3ds and get the blue error screen.
Plug the sd card reader to the computer and opening the win32diskimager.

But non appears and i cant press any button on the program

Sorry if i am asking you so much Avalynn.

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So once you connect your 3DS to the computer via that SD card, it should come up and if you are on Windows 7 it may ask you to format, DO NOT format it lol. From there you should be able to run win32diskimager, give it a location and file name, make sure correct drive letter is selected and press READ.

kelroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally i get that on my computer (windows 8.1 64 bits), its appear with a green icon called MMC.

So lests start the backup :)

First attemp i get the Error 117 : Cant process with the E/S.

I gonna check all of my wires. Its getting a lot of work haha.

ophbalance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the max length you can go on the lines inside the case (ballpark)? Would it be a problem to run it out the back of the case through the wrist strap holes do ya'll reckon?

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^, Ok i recently discover another problem. I got the 3ds connect to the card reader but on the win32diskimager nothing appears.

I need to do some special step here?. In the System appears 2 strange unitys, but i am a few scare about to do something wrong (this just at sometimes).

I do that:

Connect the 3ds to the SD adapter with the Sd Card conected to it, but unplug from the computer.
Power on the 3ds and get the blue error screen.
Plug the sd card reader to the computer and opening the win32diskimager.

But non appears and i cant press any button on the program

Sorry if i am asking you so much Avalynn.

Not a problem, I keep my wires less then 3" internally, the shorter the better also if you are on Windows here is a small guide I drafted up really quickly on how to backup the system eMMC.

Update: fixed Guide

kelroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I love you Avalynn hahhaa. I am doing it right now, cutting wires. But at least mine are about 20cm (from the 3ds motherboard to the sd adapter).

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love you Avalynn hahhaa. I am doing it right now, cutting wires. But at least mine are about 20cm (from the 3ds motherboard to the sd adapter).
Maybe 15cm is the longest I'd go from the motherboard to the SD card reader. But as always if you can do shorter then that would be better.

kelroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Avalynn now i got about 15 cm or less. Now i get that error "Error 5: Access is denied.", I am using a transcend sd reader TS-RDF8W.

Gonna check how works the lock switch and try to repair that or i gonna try the combination of clk,gnd,data0 and cmd. Its my last idea now.

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Avalynn now i got about 15 cm or less. Now i get that error "Error 5: Access is denied.", I am using a transcend sd reader TS-RDF8W.

Gonna check how works the lock switch and try to repair that or i gonna try the combination of clk,gnd,data0 and cmd. Its my last idea now.
A couple things may cause that error if you are just trying to read. Did you run Win32 Disk Imager "As Administrator" when you starting it. Also check if there explorer or there isn't another program trying to access the card reader for whatever reason. You can also try removing your card read and re-plugging it back it. Give this thread a read for people with that same error.

The last post seems interesting:
"The Process Explorer tool from www.sysinternals.com has an option under "Find / Find Handle or DLL".
Then enter the drive letter (in my case it was i:) and it will show all processes with your SD drive open."

kelroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pufff so hard Avalynn, i wasted about 20 hours for make this but i cant get it work right.

Tomorrow will be another day, and i will try to use the data0/cmd/gnd/clk.

Enought for today haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I am not a karen, i am not maga, not severely mentally ill and not on meds, not 300 lbs, not missing all of my teeth, dont wear a bikini. Soooo. okay?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean if saving $2 on milk is saving $2 I'm buying it at Walmart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I go in don't cause a fuss and leave usually no problems
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :unsure::unsure::unsure::O:ohnoes: [goes to take my meds] :shy:
    A million and one things in this world catered to straight men and women. God forbid there's a display for lgbtq merch. How about walking past it if a person is not interested? Uh uh!!! Better watch out for those Satanic rainbows!!! lmao. MAGA crack me up.
    +1
    Right. I save $ getting grocers at walmart. So I continue to go.
    $2 on milk is great, imagine how much is saved when getting an entire cartful... vs the prices at my local ripoff grocery store.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Though I've been going to Aldis more often better lunch meat
    +2
    Is it worth it Gas wise? Length of travel.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    lgbqt products
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got 3 stores all within half a mile and a gas station in that same area so it's worth it
    +1
    LGBTQIA+ Products :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not the gay ride lunch meat :ohnoes:
    Walmart is an 60 mile round trip for me, and yes, I still spend less even after the gas cost. :) I dont go there just for milk. I do 2 big hauls a month, fill the cart up.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay Ride™ at a Walmart near you
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lol GBAtemp mentioned in the latest Bringus Studios video
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    never heard of that developer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, was my anti hate trolling shitbox messages recorded
    :O Holy Cow 60 Miles !
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why people use miles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At 60 miles I'd just use instacart
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @NinStar, cause 8 miles and runnin
    LOL! I'd lmao if they put a gay ride in the little arcade section they have in this walmart. It could be like the horses rides you put quarters in, except it would be like the ambiguously gay duo cartoon & you sit on top of the other guy thats in a "flying" position. LMAO!
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: LOL! I'd lmao if they put a gay ride in the little arcade section they have in this walmart. It...