Hardware N3DS NAND backup possible, I hope.

D

Deleted-19228

Oh well. Couldn't do it as clean as you but it's functional :)

Photo Mar 02, 12 04 26 AM.jpg
Photo Mar 02, 12 26 58 AM.jpg
Photo Mar 02, 12 27 10 AM.jpg

Reactions: _eyCaRambA_

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What connectors did you use? I would like to do a clean install exactly like that.

looks like a 4pin fan header connector with some parts filled off.

Actually it is a board to board connector at 1.27mm pitch, this is the one I use of a board to board connector from Newark. It is slightly shaved down because the adapter board I made was using the wrong thickness FR4.

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well. Couldn't do it as clean as you but it's functional :)

Hey it's hidden and it works, still good in my books. For a lot of the of the work I do to case modding and the like, I usually a drill a hole smaller then what's needed and use hand files like this and this to shape the hole.

Reactions: GaaraPrime
D

Deleted-19228

So after reassembly I noticed the bottom lcd screen has a dark spot like pressure is being applied to it. Took it apart and sure enough it is. I think I am using visually the same wire thickness as you. Any pics of your routing under the board that might help me alleviate this issue?

EDIT: Ended up moving to alt CLK and rerouted the other two cables and alleviated it. I literally spent the last hour and a half messing with it and finally removed all the wires and put pressure on it and noticed that at the slightest pressure it actually gets a pressure mark even without wires. Must have been something with this unit.

kelroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use a DMM multimeter Ninoh-Fox. Just touch a gnd point that you know and then the others you want to test. If you hear the beep its gnd point.

Or pm me, i am spanish too xDD.

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all! I will keep you informed of my project

There are a lot of GND points if you need to know where another one poke around with a multimeter (on continuity mode) to anywhere on the metal shielding (like on the cartridge slot) and then poke some of those golden pads around, the board uses a ground pore plane so there should be a couple points all around.

This is picture of the N3DS provided by another member here, these should be some useable GND points but double check them by tapping one probe to the large metal shield (blue) and the other to those red areas.

N3DS_GND.jpg

Reactions: Ninoh-FOX

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
seriously nice work, i'd pay to have you do mine.
Why don't you just buy a USB to Nintendo DSi+ wire instead?
Oops. I thought this was another thread where OP was trying to charge his battery dead 3DS from a USB charger

zeruel85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not that I know of, sorry. I hope someone finds it ^^
During the xl modding, I found that my sd reader isn't maybe compatible with these new models, even if it works great with the old ones. So, maybe the right clk point was already discovered initially, but without the right sd reader or/and a logic state analyzer I could not detect it. Now I have just ordered a Transcend, like the same in your first post.

So, I repeat, perhaps the clk mentioned in 3dbrew is right. If someone can test and dump, we will have the confirmation. :)

Unfortunately I don't have anymore the n3ds non xl. :(

Reactions: piratesephiroth

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During the xl modding, I found that my sd reader isn't maybe compatible with these new models, even if it works great with the old ones. So, maybe the right clk point was already discovered initially, but without the right sd reader or/and a logic state analyzer I could not detect it. Now I have just ordered a Transcend, like the same in your first post.

So, I repeat, perhaps the clk mentioned in 3dbrew is right. If someone can test and dump, we will have the confirmation. :)

Unfortunately I don't have anymore the n3ds non xl. :(

That was my thought too but you really need some equipment to test it with, an Oscope would work great

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
today or tomorrow arrive me the pieces for my mod (n3ds no xl), i will report

EDIT: A question. does someone has been reading and writing NAND? i dont see nothing photo

Yeah, Avalynn has posted some photos of updating and afterwards downgrading the system by using the mod a while ago if I'm not mistaken (and if that was your question).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-