Hacking vWii Bricked after installing Wii Menu v4.3U WAD and my mom took my Wii U 32GB microSD Card and my 128GB microSD Card died. I don't have a NAND Backup

J-Will

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried looking this up if it actually bricks your vWii by doing this, but no results. I tested it out myself, and it bricked my vWii. Before my Mom took my Wii U 32GB SD Card, i tried unbricking my vWii with vWii Decaffeinator but it didn't work. My Mom took my Wii U 32GB SD Card because I was using it to get my 3DS XL SD Card Slot working again because my microSD Card wouldn't go in because it always ejects and now she won't give it back to me until I can use it for something else. I only have 2 SD Cards, 1 for 3DS, and 1 for Wii U. How will I get my SD Card back to unbrick my vWii? I used Duct Tape to get my 3DS XL 128GB SD Card FAT32 in there without getting out. I got it out again so i can unbrick my vWii, but my 3DS XL turned off by itself when i tested the microSD Card, now it wasn't detected. I went to test it on other devices, my tablet says my microSD Card is corrupted or has an incompatible file system, my switch says unable to access microSD Card. I tried to format the microSD Card, but it failed to format, I think my 128GB microSD Card died. My parents won't give me a new microSD Card, nor give my Wii U 32GB microSD Card back. How can i convince my parents to buy me a new microSD Card and/or give me my Wii U 32GB microSD Card back so i can unbrick my vWii? Any tips would be awesome.

Last edited by J-Will,

J-Will

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked my parents if i could have grandma's Wii (She doesn't have a Wii U) but they said no, and i said my grandma never uses the Wii, so why can't i have it, my parents responded with: Because she purchased it so it's not yours. That makes no sense to not have grandma's Wii when she never uses it. It makes me mad.

Last edited by J-Will,

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you need a new sd card or your old one back and to try running vWii Decaffeinator to attempt to unbrick it since you don't have a proper nand backup.

Also please dont double and triple post within the same thread.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because she purchased it so it's not yours. That makes no sense to not have my grandma's Wii when she never uses it.
It makes completely sense. Your grandma is the owner and this won't change as long as your grandma won't gift it to you. There's not even anything your parents could do.
Also money doesn't gow on trees. Your grandma worked hard for the Wii. She might want to keep it to remember herself about that hard work and what she earned from it.

Other than that: We don't know your parents but it might have a reason they do it this way. Maybe to teach you what it means to own something you worked hard for. You seem to don't understand what this means but just demand and demand. So why not get a job (like paperboy) for a short time, then buy an SD card with that money? We'll see if you'll gift that card to anyone demanding it then... ;)

J-Will

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes completely sense. Your grandma is the owner and this won't change as long as your grandma won't gift it to you. There's not even anything your parents could do.
Also money doesn't grow on trees. Your grandma worked hard for the Wii. She might want to keep it to remember herself about that hard work and what she earned from it.

Other than that: We don't know your parents but it might have a reason they do it this way. Maybe to teach you what it means to own something you worked hard for. You seem to don't understand what this means but just demand and demand. So why not get a job (like paperboy) for a short time, then buy an SD card with that money? We'll see if you'll gift that card to anyone demanding it then... ;)
It doesn't make sense because she doesn't use the Wii anymore. So your wrong. They can teach me to own something i worked hard for. I do understand what this means but you just don't understand that i need to unbrick my vWii so i can play my Wii Discs and you don't understand that i need grandma's Wii to play my Wii Discs again. The comment you said is completely wrong, and i'm right. My grandma won't be the owner of the Wii soon enough.

J-Will

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you need a new sd card or your old one back and to try running vWii Decaffeinator to attempt to unbrick it since you don't have a proper nand backup.

Also please dont double and triple post within the same thread.
I tried vWii Decaffeinator but Wii Mode still shows a black screen.

Last edited by J-Will,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It doesn't make sense because she doesn't use the Wii anymore.
So what? it's still hers and I even gave an example why she might want to keep it. Also, again: It's also not the Wii of your parents, so they can't legally take it away from her and handle it to you.
you just don't understand that i need to unbrick my vWii so i can play my Wii Discs and you don't understand that i need grandma's Wii to play my Wii Discs again.
You don't need grandmas Wii when fixing your Wii U. You can fix your Wii U by working, then spending the money earned to a SD card. This SD card will be truly yours and your parents can't take it away from you. So if you really want to play your Wii games again this is the way to go.
The comment you said is completely wrong, and i'm right.
Only in your little universe where you're the middle of anything and anyone has to do what you want. Real world looks completely different.
My grandma won't be the owner of the Wii soon enough.
Wow! For real?!? You will feel guilty for having said that soon enough but seems like this is what you need: Real live showing you how selfish and ignorant you are.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It doesn't make sense because she doesn't use the Wii anymore. So your wrong. They can teach me to own something i worked hard for. I do understand what this means but you just don't understand that i need to unbrick my vWii so i can play my Wii Discs and you don't understand that i need grandma's Wii to play my Wii Discs again. The comment you said is completely wrong, and i'm right. My grandma won't be the owner of the Wii soon enough.
you're*

No offense but you seem like an entitled brat and I bet you're no older than 14. When you grow up a little you'll look back at this post and cringe at how wrong you were.

futures

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear J-Will, when I was your age in the 80s, very few games or entertainment were available or accessible, so each game anyone got were very well enjoyed and shared among friends. The games I enjoyed, like most games allowed us to be heroes, to do good deeds, helped with critical thinking. I hope you enjoy gaming for the same reasons. Think how you might apply your gaming skills to the problem(s) you posted. From what I can tell there are three.

1. vWii on your WiiU is bricked
2. You need a SD or Micro SD Card
3. You would like something with a working Wii features, you mentioned your Grandma has a Wii.

You have been honest and shared you did not backup your nand while tinkering with your WiiU. You are trying to find a solution by asking others on appropriate forums.. that's good work.. continue digging the web if there are any answers for #1.

For #2 and #3, if you need or would like something from others, such as your parents, family or friends. Have you tried asking your folks if there was something you could help your parents with in return for a replacement SD card or another Wii or WiiU, second hand on a craigslist, etc. Maybe ask your Grandma the same thing, could you help her with some chores, etc.

Unless born wealthy, there's no cheat codes in life, like with most games, you need to do things to earn items, etc. Hope that helps.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear J-Will, when I was your age in the 80s, very few games or entertainment were available or accessible, so each game anyone got were very well enjoyed and shared among friends. The games I enjoyed, like most games allowed us to be heroes, to do good deeds, helped with critical thinking. I hope you enjoy gaming for the same reasons. Think how you might apply your gaming skills to the problem(s) you posted. From what I can tell there are three.

1. vWii on your WiiU is bricked
2. You need a SD or Micro SD Card
3. You would like something with a working Wii features, you mentioned your Grandma has a Wii.

You have been honest and shared you did not backup your nand while tinkering with your WiiU. You are trying to find a solution by asking others on appropriate forums.. that's good work.. continue digging the web if there are any answers for #1.

For #2 and #3, if you need or would like something from others, such as your parents, family or friends. Have you tried asking your folks if there was something you could help your parents with in return for a replacement SD card or another Wii or WiiU, second hand on a craigslist, etc. Maybe ask your Grandma the same thing, could you help her with some chores, etc.

Unless born wealthy, there's no cheat codes in life, like with most games, you need to do things to earn items, etc. Hope that helps.
same here. plus, there was really no internet, so you couldn't tell if a game was good unless you read it in a magazine or heard from friends. 41 now, so we're getting old.

futures

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here. plus, there was really no internet, so you couldn't tell if a game was good unless you read it in a magazine or heard from friends. 41 now, so we're getting old.

I just relied on the box cover art :rofl2:. With age and life responsibility there's little time to oneself to enjoy, plus instant access to so many options, cheats and walkthroughs kinda ruin things. Back in the day, we had little choice but to just endure and slowly progress to each level... and few games had saves too lol.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just relied on the box cover art :rofl2:. With age and life responsibility there's little time to oneself to enjoy, plus instant access to so many options, cheats and walkthroughs kinda ruin things. Back in the day, we had little choice but to just endure and slowly progress to each level... and few games had saves too lol.
I remember only finding one place that let you rent phantasy star iv. the cost of the game new was $100, though that was the 90s, but still, given inflation, I can just imagine how much that'd be now. I was born in '81, so I had an atari, colleco vision, then eventually an nes.

J-Will

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. vWii on your Wii U is bricked
2. You need a SD or microSD Card

Yep, I agree with you, this comment helped. I hope i can rack up money so i can buy my own Wii.

Reactions: Kopimist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1