Hardware N3DS NAND backup possible, I hope.

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I'm just waiting on some mini connectors coming from Mouser elec before I start in on the N3DS. Would you mind me sending some questions your way if the need arises?

Yeah sure, no problem I'd be happy to answer anything to the best of my abilities. You can either post it here or PM if you prefer. I'm curious what connector did you spring for? So far I like standard board to board connectors but in the 1.27mm pitch such as this. They are nice and tiny and fit in all sorts of places, also allow for all 7 pins to be utilized. But I also have used single row ones two for 4 pin access.

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah sure, no problem I'd be happy to answer anything to the best of my abilities. You can either post it here or PM if you prefer. I'm curious what connector did you spring for? So far I like standard board to board connectors but in the 1.27mm pitch such as this. They are nice and tiny and fit in all sorts of places, also allow for all 7 pins to be utilized. But I also have used single row ones two for 4 pin access.

Yes, same connector and pitch but single row. I have plenty of the 2.54 pitch but they are rather large.

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so there has not been a successful New 3DS dump yet? Or have you dumped the New3DS XL?
haha I guess I am not making that clear :wacko: sorry, this whole thread is for the N3DS XL, please refer to the first post. Yes is has been successful.

To be exact the N3DS XL (US versions) BLK/RED/MH4U

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
haha I guess I am not making that clear :wacko: sorry, this whole thread is for the N3DS XL, please refer to the first post. Yes is has been successful.

To be exact the N3DS XL (US versions) BLK/RED/MH4U
Phew, that's ok. My unit is a black US New3DS XL 9.0

I'll assume due to encryption, you cant transfer NAND dumps between units.

ophbalance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy sweet jeebus. I though putting a regular normal 3DS and a 3DS XL back together was a pain in the ass. I'm so very much not looking forward to having to do this :P.

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could this be done without damaging the rear coverplate? I have a MM edition N3DS and want to keep it nice :P

From what I've seen, the cutting mods can be done to the unit and then the cover plate goes on to hide the sin. Outwardly, there are no mods or cuts. Your MM plates will be unblemished. :)

This is how my O3DS is anyway.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: I ordered from Newark... Nice to know that there are at least 2 options that both accept FPO addresses!

Lets say I end up with a 5 pin connector. I know I need GND, CLK, CMD, and DAT0. Would there be any benefit (or harm) in using one of the other data lines? Or is it 1 or all?

Fabbbrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Edit: I ordered from Newark... Nice to know that there are at least 2 options that both accept FPO addresses!

Lets say I end up with a 5 pin connector. I know I need GND, CLK, CMD, and DAT0. Would there be any benefit (or harm) in using one of the other data lines? Or is it 1 or all?
As far as I know, you must use only one or all, nothing else.

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You either read/write the eMMC in 1x (1 Dat line) or 4x (4 Dat lines). so 4 pin would be the way to go with a 5 pin connector. :lol:

Reactions: urherenow

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have actually done a couple N3DS now with both updating and downgrading.
You have dumped only the XL's nand correct. The Normal N3ds still no nand dumping right? I really want to get a nand mod on my N3ds just for security since I just bricked my old 3ds and sending it out for a nand mod today.

ophbalance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have thoughts on any connector that would fit into the wrist strap hole(s)? I'd rather just cut that little bar out vs cutting a much larger hole in the side of the casing.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have thoughts on any connector that would fit into the wrist strap hole(s)? I'd rather just cut that little bar out vs cutting a much larger hole in the side of the casing.

I believe he placed the hole in the housing of the battery case just like the OG 3DS. You can then cover it up with the bottom half face plate and it's completely out of view.

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you dumped the XL's nand how big was it? I heard that the nand on the new models are 4gb
Well it depends on which eMMC is being used. For the Samsung klm4g1feac-b031 ones I am getting a dump size of 1.21 GB (1,300,234,240 bytes) and for the THGBMBG4 I am getting a dump size of 1.84 GB (1,979,711,488 bytes).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof