eggsamillion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

My New Nintendo 3DS (base model) crashes whenever I insert or take out game cartridges while it is on the home menu. This also occurs whenever I switch software on the home menu as well.

I would really appreciate your guys help with this one, because when it comes to hardware my knowledge is limited.

My New 3DS is hacked, and I have crash dumps as screenshots if necessary, though from what me and the Nintendo Homebrew team have gathered the issue is hardware related, not because of my custom firmware.

We have already tried booting without the SD card and turning the Wi-Fi off before going forward, but neither have solved the issue. Factory resetting will likely not help.

Edit: I really just want to find out the damage, I.E. what I might have to replace if anything. I am also very capable of dismantling the device if needed.

Thank you.

eggsamillion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[SOLVED] If you own a New 3DS and have opened it like I have, and you're having the same issues as me, take the time to test out your micro SD card reader.

After unscrewing it, carefully unplug the ribbon cable from the device connecting the reader. Put the battery in and turn it on. Switch software from the home screen without closing the game, or switch cartridges in and out while on the home screen. If your device stops crashing like mine did your SD card reader is most likely broken.

If the SD card reader isn't your issue, I wish you good luck.

Thanks to @chatregla for helping me come to a conclusion.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-micro-sd-card-reader-broken.514856/

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo