'Mortal Kombat 1' gets announcement trailer and release date

mk 1.jpg

After some recent teases, developer NetherRealm Studios has officially announced Mortal Kombat 1. This new entry to the Mortal Kombat franchise is described as a "reborn Mortal Kombat Universe that has been created by the Fire God Liu Kang" with reimagined versions of iconic characters. To provide a glimpse of this reimagination, an announcement trailer was aired which isn't shy of showcasing Mortal Kombat's characteristic gory finishers:

Discover a reborn Mortal Kombat Universe created by the Fire God Liu Kang. Mortal Kombat 1 ushers in a new era of the iconic franchise with a new fighting system, game modes, and fatalities!

Features of Mortal Kombat 1include:
  • IMMERSIVE STORY CAMPAIGN: Fight through a brand new story featuring your favorite Mortal Kombat characters like you’ve never seen them before.
  • KAMEO FIGHTERS: Choose from a unique roster of Kameo fighting partners to assist you in battle.
The trailer also revealed the game's launch for September 19. Mortal Kombat 1 will be available physically and digitally for $69.99 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam and Epic Games Store).

:arrow: SOURCE

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesus imagine having a 60-90gb game on a switch.
Largest Game so far is a NBA Game at 40GB.
Wasn't MK9 a reboot of the series already ?
I thought so, but it is a soft Reboot. Raiden sent his Memories back in time to prevent Armageddon, but ended up messing the timeline up badly, which led to MKX, then MK11, which now with MK1, it wipes the slate clean, allowing to redo everything

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People say that it's Windows 8.1, but Microsoft said they wanted a big, round number to be the "final version of Windows."

However, we have Windows 11 now and.. it's completely invalidated.
But 8.1 was just 8 with a fake Start Menu that was hyperlinked to the tablet menu. :-/

It was an improvement over 8, but I didn't like 8.1. That's why I switched to 10 (since the laptop wouldn't work properly with 7, unfortunately).

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after the leak this game seems to be a microtransaction pay for every feature and function type game that i dont play. the game aint even out and they are telling people unless they pay more they wont get to play with certain characters they are developing in the game. how shady is that if you think about it in normal terms and not like a braindead consumer that most of us have been trained to be.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't wait for mods on the pc version I'd like to see numberous anime characters go in the fray against mk characters
1) Goku
2) All might (MHA)
3) maybe Leon S kennidy (can see it as a skin of Johnny Cage (Maybe even a dlc character tbh)
the list for mod fighters goes on and on

Last edited by chrisrlink,

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after the leak this game seems to be a microtransaction pay for every feature and function type game that i dont play. the game aint even out and they are telling people unless they pay more they wont get to play with certain characters they are developing in the game. how shady is that if you think about it in normal terms and not like a braindead consumer that most of us have been trained to be.
WB/NRS have been making these types of decisions since MKX... I had to pay for a $10 DLC just to play as Goro on MKX so complaining a/b a business practice they've been utilizing since 2015 makes you sound uninformed (and MK9 (2013) didn't follow suit b/c it was a reboot that was ported to PC and helmed as the "Komplete Edition" far later than its console counterparts). If you're annoyed/worried a/b "microtransactions" or "expensive cosmetics purchases" (skins) or Kombat Packs, you can always wait 2 years after the game's initial launch where WB/NRS will release the Ultimate (GOTY) Edition which should be content complete since no one's forcing you to buy it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1