'Mortal Kombat 1' gets announcement trailer and release date

mk 1.jpg

After some recent teases, developer NetherRealm Studios has officially announced Mortal Kombat 1. This new entry to the Mortal Kombat franchise is described as a "reborn Mortal Kombat Universe that has been created by the Fire God Liu Kang" with reimagined versions of iconic characters. To provide a glimpse of this reimagination, an announcement trailer was aired which isn't shy of showcasing Mortal Kombat's characteristic gory finishers:

Discover a reborn Mortal Kombat Universe created by the Fire God Liu Kang. Mortal Kombat 1 ushers in a new era of the iconic franchise with a new fighting system, game modes, and fatalities!

Features of Mortal Kombat 1include:
  • IMMERSIVE STORY CAMPAIGN: Fight through a brand new story featuring your favorite Mortal Kombat characters like you’ve never seen them before.
  • KAMEO FIGHTERS: Choose from a unique roster of Kameo fighting partners to assist you in battle.
The trailer also revealed the game's launch for September 19. Mortal Kombat 1 will be available physically and digitally for $69.99 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam and Epic Games Store).

:arrow: SOURCE

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I find it really interesting and kind of funny to see games coming out for Switch alongside PS5 and Xbox Series X but not for the last generation of consoles (PS4/Xbox One) despite those consoles being more powerful than Switch.

This has already happened with some games like Temtem, Just Dance 2023 and Bright Memory Infinite, it will be interesting to see if we see more games like this going forward.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open letter to game studios: When you are tired of numbering entries in your IPs, USE. A. FUCKING. SUBTITLE. Now everyone has to search "Mortal Kombat 1 1992" or "Mortal Kombat 1 Arcade" vs "Mortal Kombat 1 2023", just doing a search right now to get the release date for the original game, even when I included "Genesis" or "Arcade", it returned nothing but results for the new one. Please, for the love of god, stop.

Reactions: eduall and Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open letter to game studios: When you are tired of numbering entries in your IPs, USE. A. FUCKING. SUBTITLE. Now everyone has to search "Mortal Kombat 1 1992" or "Mortal Kombat 1 Arcade" vs "Mortal Kombat 1 2023", just doing a search right now to get the release date for the original game, even when I included "Genesis" or "Arcade", it returned nothing but results for the new one. Please, for the love of god, stop.
Did you know that in Japan, the PS2 Crash Bandicoot games were numbered like they were sequels from the PS1 games? Yep.

I get why they did it and it feels like they were fans too, but it gets confusing when it's the wrong number.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

williaam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Definitely. Just like how when Xbox One came out, I couldn't type "Xbox 1" to search for the original xbox anymore

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely. Just like how when Xbox One came out, I couldn't type "Xbox 1" to search for the original xbox anymore
Xbox (aka Xbox)
Xbox 360 (aka X360 or 360)
Xbox One (aka XO or XB1)
Xbox Series X / S (aka XSX or XSS)

Microsoft...

Oh, their Windows OSes aren't much better:

Windows 7
Windows 8
Windows 10
Windows 11

Where the heck is Windows 9? 😂

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shang Tsung as preorder/dlc... oh dear.
I'm willing to bet most of the roster will require microtransactions too. As is usual now, it's not worth going near MK games until they do an ultimate (komplete) edition with everything included.. and then wait even longer for the inevitable price drop to £20.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but this is stupid, there didn't need to be any reboots. The rebooted characters seem generic. This alternate universe logic, much like the multiverse logic, needs to take a hike, tired of this annoying stretch story plot that I feel literally only exists as an outlet because someone ran out of ideas on where to take stuff next, this isn't creative at all. Bad enough Marvel does weird crap like this and confused/trashed everything over time with this, we really don't need others dipping their toes in the exact same pile of shit.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now we have to say:
-mortal kombat original one (titled mortal kombat)
-mortal kombat 9 (also titled mortal Kombat)
-mortal kombat 2023 one.

Maybe we call it Mortal Kombat twelve like we did for 9, ignoring official title.

Last edited by almmiron,
  • Haha
Reactions: eduall and Marc_LFD

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M1K is now showing on the Ninten Website. My Estimate for the Game File Size was not even close. Base (estimating here), will be 31.3GB in Size, and I am guessing Updates with any DLC they add later will be 20+GB (estimate based on MK11 Ultimate/Aftermath Updates with DLCs). So expect by the time they stop doing Updates, the Game will be probably 60-70GB total, maybe even 80-90GB

17hitcombooo

Officer Balls.... BWAAHAHAHAH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M1K is now showing on the Ninten Website. My Estimate for the Game File Size was not even close. Base (estimating here), will be 31.3GB in Size, and I am guessing Updates with any DLC they add later will be 20+GB (estimate based on MK11 Ultimate/Aftermath Updates with DLCs). So expect by the time they stop doing Updates, the Game will be probably 60-70GB total, maybe even 80-90GB
jesus imagine having a 60-90gb game on a switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste