'Mortal Kombat 1' gets announcement trailer and release date

mk 1.jpg

After some recent teases, developer NetherRealm Studios has officially announced Mortal Kombat 1. This new entry to the Mortal Kombat franchise is described as a "reborn Mortal Kombat Universe that has been created by the Fire God Liu Kang" with reimagined versions of iconic characters. To provide a glimpse of this reimagination, an announcement trailer was aired which isn't shy of showcasing Mortal Kombat's characteristic gory finishers:

Discover a reborn Mortal Kombat Universe created by the Fire God Liu Kang. Mortal Kombat 1 ushers in a new era of the iconic franchise with a new fighting system, game modes, and fatalities!

Features of Mortal Kombat 1include:
  • IMMERSIVE STORY CAMPAIGN: Fight through a brand new story featuring your favorite Mortal Kombat characters like you’ve never seen them before.
  • KAMEO FIGHTERS: Choose from a unique roster of Kameo fighting partners to assist you in battle.
The trailer also revealed the game's launch for September 19. Mortal Kombat 1 will be available physically and digitally for $69.99 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam and Epic Games Store).

:arrow: SOURCE

BraveDragonWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aahhh I see... If I remember correctly...

So Raiden isn't a god anymore?
Now, it's Liu Kang's turn as a god.
And now the Mortal Kombat universe is reborn with Liu Kang being a god from the previous game and now he's fuckin' everybody up. Thus, calling this reboot Mortal Kombat "1" because everything starting over from the previous game...?

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the last couple mortal kombats have been complete garbage. they dont show any gameplay footage in the video so im not going to get excited for the game. the title will only work if the game is actually good. if its the same garbage mortal kombats the last few have been then its just a marketing scheme trying to live off the past where mortal kombat was cool and gameplay was great

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's funny how realistic the real first Mortal Kombat seemed back in the day, and how lame this modern "reborn" (already) looks now.
Mortal Kombat 1 looked "real" while this just looks like video game characters, not that I'm against it. It's just weird to number it "one."

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why couldn't they just incorporate Lui Kangs name into the title somehow?

This is seriously messed up, gonna confuse a lot of pirates tho lol... How can mk1 be 40gb when mk2 is 3mb?? Why won't my snses play this??? :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: Desconocido90

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol