'Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero' gets new gameplay trailer

dragon ball zero.jpg

Today, Bandai Namco aired a new trailer for Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero showcasing the gameplay. The trailer also unveiled 11 new characters joining the game's roster.

DRAGON BALL: Sparking! ZERO brings back and enhances gameplay elements that the franchise has been known and cherished for, making battles even more spectacular, faster, impressive and authentic to the anime. Evolved features such as “Skill Count”, “Revenge Counter” and “Vanishing Assaults” have been added, giving chances for players to counterattack their foes, and add more strategy to their fights.

Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero is developed by Spike Chunsoft for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC. There is no release window announced yet.

:arrow: SOURCE

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spike fucked up JUMP FORCE, but Sparking! ZERO looks amazing and the gameplay looks great, too.

Before anyone gets annoyed with the title, well, Bandai decided to use the Japanese than Tenkaichi.

Tenkaichi 1 = Sparking!
Tenkaichi 2 = Sparking! NEO
Tenkaichi 3 = Sparking! METEOR
Tenkaichi 4 = Sparking! ZERO

You know, "Sparking! ULTIMATE" would have been way better.

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
This was in the latests seconds of the vídeo
1000089528.jpg

IF THIS RIGHT HERE WILL BE THE CHARACTER SELECT OR AT LEAST THE AMOUNT OF PLAYABLE CHARACTERS I'M GONNA GET INSANE

(but knowing the Tenkaichi series well, i know that almost half of the "playable characters" will be variations of other characters, like, lots of Goku's form and etc, but I still very happy if this is true)

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was in the latests seconds of the vídeo
View attachment 426857
IF THIS RIGHT HERE WILL BE THE CHARACTER SELECT OR AT LEAST THE AMOUNT OF PLAYABLE CHARACTERS I'M GONNA GET INSANE

(but knowing the Tenkaichi series well, i know that almost half of the "playable characters" will be variations of other characters, like, lots of Goku's form and etc, but I still very happy if this is true)
It better have DB and GT characters, and for the love of God, no endless DLC packs like XV2 has.

XV2 already has like 18 DLC packs. 😑

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
It better have DB and GT characters, and for the love of God, no endless DLC packs like XV2 has.

XV2 already has like 18 DLC packs. 😑
I just looked up how many dlc characters does XV2 and what the hell? like, 41 dlc characters? Normally you would make a separate game with that many characters added.

I truly hope it has Super saiyan 4 goku, vegeta and gogeta at least. Kid goku is also a must

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or the colors/tint/contrast looks off & way too saturated? Something more neutral/natural would've been nice.

Don't think it will, sp GT, as it might confuse the younger audience who know nothing about GT (and only Super).
It's not really the newer generation who this game is towards to, if it were they wouldn't put that much effort. 🤣

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not really the newer generation who this game is towards to, if it were they wouldn't put that much effort. 🤣
From the looks of it the roster consists of mostly characters from Z and Super, 50/50 i'd think. Super gonna be the focus here 'cause it's the most recent..

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the looks of it the roster consists of mostly characters from Z and Super, 50/50 i'd think. Super gonna be the focus here 'cause it's the most recent..
I and others didn't know who the blue or purple chick was, then someone on YT answered she showed up on Super's ToP.

Also, Kale just looks like a female Broly... Eh, okay.

There was a guy on the Main Boo arc that looked like Nappa so it's nothing new to recycle designs. And Dyspa looks like Beerus brother.

The only things I liked about Super was OP1, OP2, and the Dr. Slump crossover. It just wasn't for me, I prefer the old gen Dragon Ball series.

Reactions: CoolMe

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
If this game doesn't get a Wii styled motion control option on its Nintendo version, I'm gonna be hella disappointed!
I highly doubt it
It's the kind of detail that most big studios don't make nowadays, but it would indeed be awesome

Reactions: LightyKD

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a feeling this game can run in the Switch. The devs may need another year for the conversion but if DragonBall Kakarot can make make the conversion, I don't see why this game couldn't.
That's the point, if they for exemple need at least a year to optimize the game for Switch, dont you think its better to focus on the new console?

I know that Switch has sold TONS of units, but this game probably (guaranteed i guess) this will receive new characters and content as the time goes by, AND as the time goes by, the Switch I'll become more obsolete, forcing them to make a new version just for the new console.

If i had to make a bet, they're not making a Switch version, but possibly for the next console

Reactions: Marc_LFD

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the point, if they for exemple need at least a year to optimize the game for Switch, dont you think its better to focus on the new console?

I know that Switch has sold TONS of units, but this game probably (guaranteed i guess) this will receive new characters and content as the time goes by, AND as the time goes by, the Switch I'll become more obsolete, forcing them to make a new version just for the new console.

If i had to make a bet, they're not making a Switch version, but possibly for the next console

Nah. Unless VR is the central gimmick, I don't give a damn about a new Switch. I already have a Steam Deck along with my Switch and that's more than good enough. I want the old Nintendo back! I'd rather have Wii like experiences with the current Switch over a new Switch that's purely a graphics boost. I'm tired of every console having the same damn games. At this point it won't matter what platform you have and if we reach that point, gaming will become boring.

Reactions: Quore

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah. Unless VR is the central gimmick, I don't give a damn about a new Switch. I already have a Steam Deck along with my Switch and that's more than good enough. I want the old Nintendo back! I'd rather have Wii like experiences with the current Switch over a new Switch that's purely a graphics boost. I'm tired of every console having the same damn games. At this point it won't matter what platform you have and if we reach that point, gaming will become boring.
Spike developed a Tenkaichi-style game for the Switch called JUMP FORCE and the frame rate wasn't very good...

Looking at the gameplay showcase playing with 60fps will matter to keep the battles smooth and fast-paced.

Or they could pull a MK1...

• Haha
Reactions: Felold and Quore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto