Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 4 officially announced

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is fondly remembered by DBZ fans as one of the best Dragon Ball games of all time. Knowing that, Bandai Namco has decided to, after 15 years, make a sequel to it. Occurring right at the tail end of the Dragon Ball FighterZ World Tour Finals, a trailer aired (around the 41-minute mark), featuring gameplay from Tenkaichi 3 being played on a CRT. It showed Goku's animation of going Super Saiyan in the game, before transitioning into the same scene with brand new visuals, and Goku instead turning Super Saiyan Blue, ending with, "A New Budokai Tenkaichi Begins!" The announcer then states that this will be a sequel to Tenkaichi, or as it's known in Japan, Sparking! 3

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally just bought Tenkaichi 3 back a few days ago... lol.
There's a lot of PS2 Tenkaichi 3 "romhacks" if interested. Some with different characters, others with the JPN score (DBZ TV Music).

But the base game is still perfectly fine. I wish they'd release the T3 Western score since the PS2/Wii audio quality of it kinda sounds like ass.

Tenkaichi 2's score was released in high quality via Raging Blast 2's 2011 re-release:

T2's score surprisingly fit perfectly with RB2 and its opening.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'all WHAT!? I thought the Tenkaichi 3 hack was official by now, lol.

All I ask is that you can go super-saiyan (or whatever other transformations) from base form. Not, "this game has 1,000 characters!" and it's just every iteration of every character from every arc. I think BT3 had this, though they also had every character as an individual as well.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'all WHAT!? I thought the Tenkaichi 3 hack was official by now, lol.

All I ask is that you can go super-saiyan (or whatever other transformations) from base form. Not, "this game has 1,000 characters!" and it's just every iteration of every character from every arc. I think BT3 had this, though they also had every character as an individual as well.
Tenkaichi 3, Raging Blast 1, Raging Blast 2, J-Stars Victory VS+, and Jump Force all had transformations. Transformations on JF were pretty awesome (but the game felt more or less like a big demo).

Reactions: DS1

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i never cared about DB Games after Tenkaichi 3.......fuck yes this one i will get for sure.
Same thing for me exactly ! Sparking 4 is quite unexpected and exciting news. I just hope they won't reduce the number of playable characters on purpose to make room for further sequels.

Not to be a fly in your soup, but just keep in mind that BT4 will likely be monetized in the exact same way all of those other games have been. Tons of DLC characters (mostly Gokus) and multiple season passes.
You're right, I forgot for a minute we were in 2023... Let's have endless rounds of season passes before we get a fully complete game. :glare:

Last edited by Ligeia,
Reactions: Kioku and Xzi

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a lot of PS2 Tenkaichi 3 "romhacks" if interested. Some with different characters, others with the JPN score (DBZ TV Music).
I never actually experienced the game with the western score. I'm a sucker for the original score (the Japanese one) and that's the first thing I modded when I got Tenkaichi 3 back in the day.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow i'm not holding my breath for this one. also this's just supposed to hype us up, as it still in its early stages, and the reason why they haven't shown much here..

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tenkaichi 3, Raging Blast 1, Raging Blast 2, J-Stars Victory VS+, and Jump Force all had transformations. Transformations on JF were pretty awesome (but the game felt more or less like a big demo).

I still can't believe the team for Jump Force made the game in this graphical style and went "yeah people like like that". Ugliest Jump game by far, good lord.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't believe the team for Jump Force made the game in this graphical style and went "yeah people like like that". Ugliest Jump game by far, good lord.
They think realism is something good for games.

We use games to escape reality.

Reactions: Kioku

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk I'm not impressed... I neee more information

I was literally playing Budukai 3 for 2 hours yesterday and I think that and Xenoverse 2 are the best games they made.

Tenkaiechi 3 wasn't that bad but Budukai 3 and Infinite world had the better finishers

Last edited by Goku1992A,

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh my goodness I am hyped! You know I'm excited when I'm posting for the first time in who knows when. I've been a lurker for quite some time now, haven't been active since probably the time Budokai Tenkaichi 3 came out. I grew up on these games and show and they both still carry a lot of interest for me. This will definitely be a day 1 purchase for me. I just hope it isn't riddled with some of the modern day problems. The highlight of the series for me was how many characters the game has, and that could easily be taken advantage of in terms of DLC.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The highlight of the series for me was how many characters the game has, and that could easily be taken advantage of in terms of DLC.
Tenkaichi 3: All 150 characters are free.
Tenkaichi 4: If you want extra characters you'll need a Season Pass.

What a shame it'll probably be that. Xenoverse 2 did it (Dimps game, creators of Budokai), Jump Force did too (by Spike, the creators of Tenkaichi), and Kakarot (by CyberConnect2, the creators of all those Naruto Shippuden games). Etc.

It's "normal" now.

Reactions: Goku1992A

squire90

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had to compose myself when I saw this news post. I watched the trailer, walked around for a minute, and now I can express my thoughts in a calm, cool, and collected manner. Ergo:

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT YEAHHHHHHHHH WOOOOOOOOOOO LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am rather pleased by this announcement.
Haha I was the same bro. I couldn't believe it thought it was fake. Pacing around the room for a minute thinking this is real. If you was my next door neighbour you would of thought I'd won the lottery 🤣
Post automatically merged:

Masterpiece? 😆 Tenkaichi 3 had 150 characters, but most of them were clones and the gameplay was repetitive.

That being said, it's a fun game for a button-masher.
Yeah masterpiece. He knows the game well and he knows what he's talking about you don't. You need to be at a high level to play with someone else, at that level to appreciate what the game is really about and how unique it is.

The way they hit different and combos are different. If you actually played the game proper you would know. Yes some of the least important characters are clones. Even then they have there own moves.

The attitude you have is from people that haven't seen the game shine being in a certain circumstance. Either playing with others or just not good enough at the ame to see what the game is really about.

Last edited by squire90,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah masterpiece. He knows the game well and he knows what he's talking about you don't. You need to be at a high level to play with someone else, at that level to appreciate what the game is really about and how unique it is.

The way they hit different and combos are different. If you actually played the game proper you would know. Yes some of the least important characters are clones. Even then they have there own moves.

The attitude you have is from people that haven't seen the game shine being in a certain circumstance. Either playing with others or just not good enough at the ame to see what the game is really about.
"He knows what he's talking about, you don't." lmao

That just sounds very defensive and wearing them nostalgia goggles. You may not accept that the Tenkaichi/Raging Blast games are simply button mashers with nothing complex to it, but it's the truth.

Are they fun games? Definitely. I love playing Tenkaichi Tag Team for allowing to fight multiple characters at once than simply one on one battle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1