moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, bad news... they finally blocked the ability to proxy in quests :(
They added signatures to the DLC.

They could have solved it long ago without even needing to update the game but Capcom likes to make things more complicated then they need to be, lol.

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, bad news... they finally blocked the ability to proxy in quests :(
They added signatures to the DLC.

They could have solved it long ago without even needing to update the game but Capcom likes to make things more complicated then they need to be, lol.
When is the signature checked? When the quest is being downloaded?
And is the signature stored in the savefiles and checked again when you try to post the quest?

The game should have the code required to check the signature.

Last edited by Deleted member 369977,

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When is the signature checked? When the quest is being downloaded?
And is the signature stored in the savefiles and checked again when you try to post the quest?

The game should have the code required to check the signature and thus we could make our own signatures.
It's only checked when it's downloaded, so we'll still be able to add custom quests directly to a save file using homebrew. And the signatures are made with 2048-bit RSA public/private key crypto. There's no way you'll ever be able to forge them (unless you happen to have a quantum computer).

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's only checked when it's downloaded, so we'll still be able to add custom quests directly to a save file using homebrew. And the signatures are made with 2048-bit RSA public/private key crypto. There's no way you'll ever be able to forge them (unless you happen to have a quantum computer).
Yeah, I read something wrong when first answering. I made an edit to my original post. ( Brainfart.. ._. )

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated mhef with support for MHGen, including the "get_mhx_key.py" script. Since the key changes so often, I removed it from the code and you'll have to provide it as an argument when encrypting/decrypting now.
I'm still working on the homebrew app to get the keys, but hopefully I can finish it this weekend.

Edit: Here's the current keys if anyone needs them:
MHX JPN key = 3s8DywfYpz3gB9oeb0viLNanUCtRM92hOXwWFqXUf5yxPOiaJigjy3Tm
MHGen USA key = N3uExdqeA6r8jusbnN7mBRVWS8qe9sDaLe6viEVG
MHGen EUR key = Xx9WzvFbJ5j3UxM6s2Q4bwYcG3vSmpX7H5eNuWQy

Last edited by moghedien,

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it working! The new version of my MHX Data Manager homebrew application lets you get the encryption keys from all regions :D
That means you don't need CFW (just homebrew) and you don't even need any of the games to get the keys!

Reactions: _eyCaRambA_

HYC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Really...? i will try it soon, thanks moghedien:D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

moghedien, can you show the step how to get the key from your mhx data manager ? coz just see the files, i'm confuse. thanks a lot :)

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really...? i will try it soon, thanks moghedien:D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

moghedien, can you show the step how to get the key from your mhx data manager ? coz just see the files, i'm confuse. thanks a lot :)
When you use the "Get Encryption Keys" options it saves them to the "/3ds/mhx_data_manager/key/" folder. There should be a file for each region named "jpn.log", "eur.log", and "usa.log" and they're just text files. Open them in notepad or whatever.

HYC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
When you use the "Get Encryption Keys" options it saves them to the "/3ds/mhx_data_manager/key/" folder. There should be a file for each region named "jpn.log", "eur.log", and "usa.log" and they're just text files. Open them in notepad or whatever.
So you mean, all procedure is control by your mhx data manager's command files using computer ? Is it need to install others software to use my 3ds link the server

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you mean, all procedure is control by your mhx data manager's command files using computer ? Is it need to install others software to use my 3ds link the server
You need to run MHX Data Manager on your 3DS, then use the "Get Encryption Keys" option which will dump the keys to your SD card (in the "/3ds/mhx_data_manager/key/" folder). Then you can use those keys with mhef.

Also if you already have the quests in your save file, you can just use MHX Data Manager to export them from your save file and they're already decrypted.

HYC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
After this procedure, i also can direct to get the key (exp: J7AoRSYGnw4PeBiI0DZLunPu1eGHQHHi1mQeRTc7ljSJp40wNLw9S8Pg) like that with the sametime ? Thanks guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol