Metroid: Samus Returns announced for 3DS

image.jpeg

Nintendo isn't out of announcements, even after their Spotlight, it seems, as a new game was revealed during their Treehouse. Metroid: Samus Returns is a reimagining of the 1991 title Metroid II: Return of Samus.

Developer MercurySteam will be handling the game, and are known for developing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. It'll release on Semptember 15.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet the switch will get it too. No bottom screen being used on the 3ds.

Maybe they will reuse the same engine and remake super, the original and fusion as well.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just got done with the Samus Returns portion of the Treehouse, and that is actually what battles look like!
Like with fluid controls and all? So the stuff featured in the trailer is directly under my control? Not that I just push a button and Samus does epic shit, but that I press the button and Samus can do portions of that epic shit with each button press?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So that's why they take down AM2R.

Because they decided to make their own, official version instead. :angry:
AM2R will probably still be better. Metroid II lacks... everything except Metroids, and this doesn't look like a Zero Mission type of game.

SonicfanCEMUTesting

One of Sonic fans that is here, because reasons
Trophies
White Space (not a generations reference)
XP
Country
Poland
Like with fluid controls and all? So the stuff featured in the trailer is directly under my control? Not that I just push a button and Samus does epic shit, but that I press the button and Samus can do portions of that epic shit with each button press?

AM2R will probably still be better. Metroid II lacks... everything except Metroids, and this doesn't look like a Zero Mission type of game.
It is made by the different company, not by Nintendo, so of course the gameplay mechanic, graphics and visuals will look differently based on what their could add on this game rather than just do the thing Nintendo did.

SonicfanCEMUTesting

One of Sonic fans that is here, because reasons
Trophies
White Space (not a generations reference)
XP
Country
Poland

It is made by the different company, not by Nintendo, so of course the gameplay mechanic, graphics and visuals will look differently based on what they could add into this game, rather than doing what Nintendo did with Zero Mission.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox